OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FOF - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3878)
-   -   Your most important features (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=288559)

Orioles1966 04-26-2018 05:49 PM

Custom Leagues(larger than current NFL)
CFL( or custom league(s) with CFL rules)

nbryant 04-26-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garion333 (Post 4317234)
These are all already "yes" in FOF8.

Yeah Garion, but the coordinator to head coach isn't so much interviewing for a position as much as it is them getting "selected". I would love for this part of the game to change but I doubt it will.

:o

garion333 04-26-2018 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbryant (Post 4317447)
Yeah Garion, but the coordinator to head coach isn't so much interviewing for a position as much as it is them getting "selected". I would love for this part of the game to change but I doubt it will.

:o

Oh, for sure. I assumed the "interviewing" bit meant promotion, etc. There's no interviewing process atm (and isn't in OOTP either).

Definitely lacks flavor, but if you want someone to go from OC to HC you can do that. And HC's who get **** canned can be drafted as a coordinator.

That said, some of the chemistry stuff from OOTP would be nice in terms of the coach personalities and influence on player development, etc.

Clavette 04-27-2018 08:21 AM

Keep it simple for the first release.

A new interface will bring more people into the game.

Clean up the mess of trying to find players on the FA lists

The_Niddler 04-27-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garion333 (Post 4316153)
I think you have this completely backward. The main reason we don't see many American Football games is because it's incredibly difficult to program for.

You are exactly right. I was thinking from a stats perspective how baseball tracks everything, I was not thinking from a programming perspective as you laid out.

nbryant 04-28-2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garion333 (Post 4317503)
Oh, for sure. I assumed the "interviewing" bit meant promotion, etc. There's no interviewing process atm (and isn't in OOTP either).

Definitely lacks flavor, but if you want someone to go from OC to HC you can do that. And HC's who get **** canned can be drafted as a coordinator.

That said, some of the chemistry stuff from OOTP would be nice in terms of the coach personalities and influence on player development, etc.

yeap, yeap!

itsmb8 04-28-2018 09:13 PM

We need a fully functioning feeder system as well as a fully fleshed out Draft, UDFA signings happening right after. Currently in Madden, UDFAs sign in the preseason....

garion333 04-30-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmb8 (Post 4318263)
We need a fully functioning feeder system as well as a fully fleshed out Draft, UDFA signings happening right after. Currently in Madden, UDFAs sign in the preseason....

The big hope is for Jim to get his college game up and running again and then tie into FOF9.

Joshrapley 05-02-2018 04:44 PM

1. Team Dynamics

If you have played Football Manager, then you will know about the new feature in FM18. It adds even further to the team building aspect by measuring team cohesion, dressing atmosphere, leaders.

This added feature makes you think about the type of players you have in your team, whether there are enough leaders in the locker room, if you have unhappy players who are impacting team morale, whether players have played together for a long period.

This adds to team building experiencing as you may have an amazing team but if you have the wrong types of personalities or they havent had time to gel, it has an impact on your performance. Balancing an NFL locker room is a crucial part of the job and we see many times players are released or trading as they are having a negative impact on the team.

2. Mentoring

Another part FM does really well. If you have experienced older players they can mentor young players and pass on personality types, traits or build relationships. However, it can work negatively if the two players in question have different personality types. You may have a veteran QB who is a determined winner but if you are asking him to mentor your 3rd round draft pick who is lazy and money oriented, they may clash and fall out which can affect team morale or chemistry. However, it may work the other way and the lazy QB may become more determined and gain traits like high work ethic.

We always see young players drafted sitting behind veterans learning the game whilst they wait for their opportunity especially at the QB position. You just have to look at this years draft to see many QB's drafted and now sitting behind veteran stop gaps.

3. Coaches

I like on OOTP how coaches have positive or negative relationship with players. Many teams hire QB guru's as their OC to help develop young QB's or if a team has a great offense but are poor on defense, they may hire a defensive mind HC to get the best out of the defense. I would love to coach ratings such as motivation, level of discipline and ratings for each position, so you can try to tailor your coach to your team. Also for these coaches to have traits like having long tall corners like Pete Caroll who then may get a boost when developing if he has long tall corners starting. Someone like McVay is meant to be Offensive Guru so they can help aid a young QB like Goff.

There are so many reasons why teams are successful from drafting, free agency etc but having the right infrastructure in terms of coaching makes a huge difference. Look at the Falcons last season to the season before when they made the Super Bowl. Coaches have a huge impact not just the HC but also the coordinators too.

I love the drafting and free agency sides of things but also think the above goes a very long way to having a successful team. I would love to make tough decisions like trading my All Pro CB who was unhappy and causing other players on my team to become or unhappy or to have Legendary RE mentor my 1st Draft Pick and help develop a trait like a bull rush move.

Little things like this make the game so much more realistic. These are just my thoughts and have no idea if they are already in FOF.

AlexB 05-03-2018 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshrapley (Post 4319762)
1. Team Dynamics

If you have played Football Manager, then you will know about the new feature in FM18. It adds even further to the team building aspect by measuring team cohesion, dressing atmosphere, leaders.

This added feature makes you think about the type of players you have in your team, whether there are enough leaders in the locker room, if you have unhappy players who are impacting team morale, whether players have played together for a long period.

This adds to team building experiencing as you may have an amazing team but if you have the wrong types of personalities or they havent had time to gel, it has an impact on your performance. Balancing an NFL locker room is a crucial part of the job and we see many times players are released or trading as they are having a negative impact on the team.

2. Mentoring

Another part FM does really well. If you have experienced older players they can mentor young players and pass on personality types, traits or build relationships. However, it can work negatively if the two players in question have different personality types. You may have a veteran QB who is a determined winner but if you are asking him to mentor your 3rd round draft pick who is lazy and money oriented, they may clash and fall out which can affect team morale or chemistry. However, it may work the other way and the lazy QB may become more determined and gain traits like high work ethic.

We always see young players drafted sitting behind veterans learning the game whilst they wait for their opportunity especially at the QB position. You just have to look at this years draft to see many QB's drafted and now sitting behind veteran stop gaps.

3. Coaches

I like on OOTP how coaches have positive or negative relationship with players. Many teams hire QB guru's as their OC to help develop young QB's or if a team has a great offense but are poor on defense, they may hire a defensive mind HC to get the best out of the defense. I would love to coach ratings such as motivation, level of discipline and ratings for each position, so you can try to tailor your coach to your team. Also for these coaches to have traits like having long tall corners like Pete Caroll who then may get a boost when developing if he has long tall corners starting. Someone like McVay is meant to be Offensive Guru so they can help aid a young QB like Goff.

There are so many reasons why teams are successful from drafting, free agency etc but having the right infrastructure in terms of coaching makes a huge difference. Look at the Falcons last season to the season before when they made the Super Bowl. Coaches have a huge impact not just the HC but also the coordinators too.

I love the drafting and free agency sides of things but also think the above goes a very long way to having a successful team. I would love to make tough decisions like trading my All Pro CB who was unhappy and causing other players on my team to become or unhappy or to have Legendary RE mentor my 1st Draft Pick and help develop a trait like a bull rush move.

Little things like this make the game so much more realistic. These are just my thoughts and have no idea if they are already in FOF.

All are to a degree, but not to the extent of the extent described above, so definitely room for expansion

dave1927p 05-03-2018 07:08 PM

I certainly have a large wish list but my number one feature is getting a top notch GUI. An in game editor would be nice too as well as the Canadian nationality added

james17 05-04-2018 01:55 AM

The OOTP 19 based GUI is my top priority for the first release.

GmOfTheYear 05-04-2018 02:15 AM

The NFL draft should be a huge part of the game. This is a management game of course. We need unique and detailed scouting reports on every prospect. ootp took a big leap forward in their reports this year and would hope for the same in this years version. There needs to be a way to differentiate different players for different schemes and players should fit different molds and types. Before I draft a player I should be able to look at the player and see which type of scheme he fits in and so forth.

Antonin 05-04-2018 07:37 PM

1) A "can't get fired" option.

2) The ability to customize the game. Let me have fictional players if I want. Let me have a team in Flint, Michigan, or London, England if I want.

AlexB 05-04-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonin (Post 4320538)
1) A "can't get fired" option.

2) The ability to customize the game. Let me have fictional players if I want. Let me have a team in Flint, Michigan, or London, England if I want.

All of the above already in FOF :)

Edit - actually, not sure about London, but definitely could have a team in Flint

dave1927p 05-08-2018 08:24 PM

ditch the staff draft from FOF8.

bwburke94 05-10-2018 10:57 AM

My #1 need, of course, is full customization - to the point where if the game isn't fully customizable, I won't buy.

bradko 05-11-2018 12:05 AM

Rehash?

I have to say if this game is basically the rigid FOF engine which allows NO variety in how you can play, with a few OOTP screens and navigation thrown in, I will not be interested. I don't mind Gindin contributing and getting his dime for it but this game needs to be alot of OOTP xith an assist from FOF. It already bothers me that the game is keeping the FOF name. Ominous. If you are going to try to sell that game to people under the OOTP umbrella you can count me out.

dave1927p 05-11-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwburke94 (Post 4322636)
My #1 need, of course, is full customization - to the point where if the game isn't fully customizable, I won't buy.

what is fully customizable to you?

FlexD 05-11-2018 10:22 PM

I hope there isn't an in-game editor introduced in future versions. I've experienced several OOTP leagues that were doomed due to in-game editor manipulations, I.E. cheating..