OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   MLBM 2016 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3896)
-   -   Would OOTP please sell MLB Manager (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=274281)

MattB75 02-17-2017 02:36 PM

Would OOTP please sell MLB Manager

How much would it take, for you to sell MLB Manager? I'm being serious. It's not a property that the company cares about. It could literally be SO MUCH MORE! I'd be interested in buying/kick starting for it.

wodi 02-17-2017 03:06 PM

I've always said I'd be willing to donate a decent amount of money to the company if I knew it would positively impact the mobile version.

Sadly I just think the company is small and they have to prioritize and so the mobile version loses out.

MattB75 02-17-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wodi (Post 4155520)
I've always said I'd be willing to donate a decent amount of money to the company if I knew it would positively impact the mobile version.

Sadly I just think the company is small and they have to prioritize and so the mobile version loses out.

Which is why I'm making the offer/asking. Every year, there is an excuse on why they can't do what they've previously promised to do. There's always another project that is more worthy. Mobile devices are so much more powerful now, then when this game originally launched. Yet almost nothing has changed. Almost no upgrades. Roster updates and a bargain basement minor league system. That's it. I personally think there is a large iOS market for this game, if it was actually given proper care and upgrades.

wodi 02-17-2017 03:16 PM

Would OOTP please sell MLB Manager

I'm with ya, been saying that for years.

If the company was amenable to it, I'd be on board for a donation.

I'd give so much money for a complete minor league system/development

daves 02-19-2017 10:12 PM

I am a bit confused here. I enjoy the app. If I want the full version I would buy the computer version which I do. The app just needs a little more, not a lot. Edit playoffs, edit league structure just to name a few.

MattB75 02-20-2017 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daves (Post 4156513)
I am a bit confused here. I enjoy the app. If I want the full version I would buy the computer version which I do. The app just needs a little more, not a lot. Edit playoffs, edit league structure just to name a few.

Not everyone uses computers/laptops. Mobile is the future. Wether a tablet or phone can replace a computer, is purely subjective. However, the day when, what we now call "mobile" becomes the norm for the majority of the population, isn't too far off.

I'm not asking for the mobile version to completely mirror the PC version. That doesn't mean that the mobile version doesn't need work. Hell, it seemed like OOTP acknowledged as much last season, when the said they were going to do a complete rehaul for this season. It's running off of the code from what OOTP 10 or 11? Mobile chips are so much better now. They can handle so much more processing. Hard drives are becoming bigger, etc. etc.

There are zero reasons, that I can think of, to not implement improvements. Unless, it's because the game has zero priority from OOTP. In which case I say again, would they be willing to sell?

wodi 02-20-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattB75 (Post 4156606)
Not everyone uses computers/laptops. Mobile is the future. Wether a tablet or phone can replace a computer, is purely subjective. However, the day when, what we now call "mobile" becomes the norm for the majority of the population, isn't too far off.

I'm not asking for the mobile version to completely mirror the PC version. That doesn't mean that the mobile version doesn't need work. Hell, it seemed like OOTP acknowledged as much last season, when the said they were going to do a complete rehaul for this season. It's running off of the code from what OOTP 10 or 11? Mobile chips are so much better now. They can handle so much more processing. Hard drives are becoming bigger, etc. etc.

There are zero reasons, that I can think of, to not implement improvements. Unless, it's because the game has zero priority from OOTP. In which case I say again, would they be willing to sell?

Agreed 100%

I'd even be willing to bet that ootp sales are pretty consistent from year to year, I think it's a tight knit community that purchases the game each year. It's the mobile sales where there is room for massive improvement.

Crimguy 03-02-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattB75 (Post 4156606)

I agree with all of the above. While I don't expect it to mirror the latest ootp, I'd wager my iPad could run something akin to ootp 2007 pretty easily.

There is so much wasted space in the iOOTP interface as it is.