OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 6 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3971)
-   -   Quick Questions Thread (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=307302)

JeffR 10-14-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDawg (Post 4548049)
How do I add/distract/swap teams in historical mode? I now you can only do this only on July 1, but cant seem to find the right setting. Suppose I want to keep the Senators in the NHL in 1934, I don't see a possibility to do so in the offseason. I would like to change the divisions too.Thanks.

On July 1, on the league menu choose the Edit option (at the bottom), then the Structure tab on that screen.

AlpineSK 10-14-2019 09:52 PM

Couple of questions before I think about buying the game:

1. Are column widths customizable? I still see the HUGE gap between team name or player name and the first statistical column. It'd be nice if that was smaller to make the page easier to read.

2. Regarding Corsi (or shot attempts, whatever you like to call it) I understand that goals and penalty minutes, for example, are pretty close to what the NHL is doing right now, but how do shot attempts compare? There seems to be a pretty heavy, almost 50% higher rate, of blocked shots that I've seen reported. How much higher is the shot attempt rate than what is being seen in the NHL?

Savoie45 10-14-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlpineSK (Post 4548183)
Couple of questions before I think about buying the game:

1. Are column widths customizable? I still see the HUGE gap between team name or player name and the first statistical column. It'd be nice if that was smaller to make the page easier to read.

2. Regarding Corsi (or shot attempts, whatever you like to call it) I understand that goals and penalty minutes, for example, are pretty close to what the NHL is doing right now, but how do shot attempts compare? There seems to be a pretty heavy, almost 50% higher rate, of blocked shots that I've seen reported. How much higher is the shot attempt rate than what is being seen in the NHL?

Don't believe there's any way to edit the column width and the shots seem pretty close from what I've seen with teams generally averaging in the 30's. Right now in my franchise, the Sharks are averaging the highest at 38 per game and the Islanders the lowest at 29.

AlpineSK 10-14-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savoie45 (Post 4548188)
Don't believe there's any way to edit the column width and the shots seem pretty close from what I've seen with teams generally averaging in the 30's. Right now in my franchise, the Sharks are averaging the highest at 38 per game and the Islanders the lowest at 29.

I understand shots are where they are, I am asking about shot attempts. Here is the link to Natural Stat Trick looking at team rates normalized to /60 minutes for all stats. The columns labeled "CF" and "CA" are Corsi FOR and Corsi AGAINST which is a measure of shot attempts, so its a total of shots on goal, shots that go wide, and shots that are blocked. Its essentially a measure of possession. With the block rate as high as we are seeing, I am asking if the shot attempts / game rates are anywhere near the NHL average.

Savoie45 10-15-2019 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlpineSK (Post 4548196)
I understand shots are where they are, I am asking about shot attempts. Here is the link to Natural Stat Trick looking at team rates normalized to /60 minutes for all stats. The columns labeled "CF" and "CA" are Corsi FOR and Corsi AGAINST which is a measure of shot attempts, so its a total of shots on goal, shots that go wide, and shots that are blocked. Its essentially a measure of possession. With the block rate as high as we are seeing, I am asking if the shot attempts / game rates are anywhere near the NHL average.

While from what I'm seeing from end of season stats things look pretty good, not pin point accurate, but solid for a sim. I don't think total shots attempted is tracked in the game, just shots on goal, which seem to match up well. From my season stats from my first year of my franchise, Suter had 156 total blocks. Last year he had 109 in reality, just at even strength, so I don't think the shot block totals are really that high.

TeppoWInnipeg 10-15-2019 08:42 AM

Hi! wanted to ask: If i mostly simulate my games, is allocating points to the " in game tactics " slot useless, or does it somehow influence what happens during games even if i simulate them. thx

GDawg 10-15-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4548053)
On July 1, on the league menu choose the Edit option (at the bottom), then the Structure tab on that screen.

Thanks. My game is crashing repeatedly on 'go to next day' though, after I enter the (new) leaderboard/standings screen.

JeffR 10-15-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeppoWInnipeg (Post 4548305)
Hi! wanted to ask: If i mostly simulate my games, is allocating points to the " in game tactics " slot useless, or does it somehow influence what happens during games even if i simulate them. thx

Only if you're playing as GM-only. If you're GM/Head Coach, it will still have an effect in games even if you're simulating them.

JeffR 10-15-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDawg (Post 4548409)
Thanks. My game is crashing repeatedly on 'go to next day' though, after I enter the (new) leaderboard/standings screen.

A couple of possibilities:

-Did you remove any teams? There's an issue with this at the moment that can cause a crash, it'll be fixed in the first update.
-Did you generate a new schedule after adding/removing teams? Not having done that usually won't cause a crash, but could in some circumstances.

If it's not those, then could you upload the save (instructions here) and we'll have a look at it to see what's wrong?

GDawg 10-15-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4548412)
A couple of possibilities:

-Did you remove any teams? There's an issue with this at the moment that can cause a crash, it'll be fixed in the first update.
-Did you generate a new schedule after adding/removing teams? Not having done that usually won't cause a crash, but could in some circumstances.

If it's not those, then could you upload the save (instructions here) and we'll have a look at it to see what's wrong?

Thanks, last time it worked, so it's not always happening. I generated a new schedule and draft, yes. I see if I can upload save later.

renojedi 10-15-2019 02:24 PM

When considering line combinations, are there some roles that work well with others and some that conflict with others?

Trying to figure out if I just pick the best role for a player or if I have to consider what his line mate's roles are.

igor7111 10-15-2019 07:00 PM

I still don't know how to move players around. I thought checking the players checkbox (in the pre-game menu) but what then?
How do I re-assign my starting goalie? I've checked the backup goalie but how do I assign him into the starting lineup?

CubzFan73 10-15-2019 07:59 PM

Can the Memorial Cup only be played 2019 and thereafter? If so, is there any plans to make it possible to change the year?

TeppoWInnipeg 10-15-2019 09:39 PM

Are the only attributes that matter when choosing a trainer; how good they are at the actual trainer job and their training skill. thx

JeffR 10-15-2019 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renojedi (Post 4548457)
When considering line combinations, are there some roles that work well with others and some that conflict with others?

Trying to figure out if I just pick the best role for a player or if I have to consider what his line mate's roles are.

Yes, there are combinations that are better together. One big thing to avoid: overstacking multiple passing- or shooting-oriented roles on a line. Better to keep a mixture so there's somebody to make the plays and somebody to shoot, rather than 3 guys all trying to shoot or pass all the time.

JeffR 10-15-2019 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CubzFan73 (Post 4548619)
Can the Memorial Cup only be played 2019 and thereafter? If so, is there any plans to make it possible to change the year?

Not sure I understand the question. The Memorial Cup is played every season, you wanted to delay it or have it less often than that? Or are you talking about adding it to historical and/or custom mode?

JeffR 10-15-2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeppoWInnipeg (Post 4548678)
Are the only attributes that matter when choosing a trainer; how good they are at the actual trainer job and their training skill. thx

The training skill is by far the most important, to the point where it's probably better to pick someone with a small advantage in that skill over someone who's better in multiple other ratings.

JeffR 10-15-2019 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igor7111 (Post 4548588)
I still don't know how to move players around. I thought checking the players checkbox (in the pre-game menu) but what then?
How do I re-assign my starting goalie? I've checked the backup goalie but how do I assign him into the starting lineup?

Click the checkbox on the dressed list (to the left of the lines) and then click the spot in the lines you want the player to move to (not the role, the black-backgrounded spot above that.) To choose the goalie, do the same thing on the Goalies list below the lines.

CubzFan73 10-16-2019 01:29 AM

Quote:

Not sure I understand the question. The Memorial Cup is played every season, you wanted to delay it or have it less often than that? Or are you talking about adding it to historical and/or custom mode
I guess I wasn't clear enough, sorry. I'm doing a historical fictional league starting in 1986. I used the 2019 CHL as the base for my junior league. The events calendar for the CHL shows all the dates as 1986, and then the Memorial Cup isn't until 2019. Is there any way to make the Memorial Cup usable earlier than 2019?

Bigdummie 10-16-2019 10:57 PM

I am the GM only, is there a way in preseason to dress my prospects? My coach only uses the regular players, its preseason, need to look at the American Hockey League guys. Thanks.