OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FOF - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3878)
-   -   FOF9 Update From Jim 6/5/2019 (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=304008)

HavenHunting 06-09-2019 09:02 PM

FOF9 Update From Jim 6/5/2019

http://www.solecismic.com/frontierblog/

Sharkn20 06-10-2019 07:06 AM

I CAN NOT WAIT!

Go FOF9! Go!!

tzach 06-10-2019 09:23 AM

nice to see that things are moving further. very positive.

jackstunt 06-10-2019 09:39 AM

I've been following for years at this point. I'll support the game and hope some of the features I have been asking for are implemented.

Jim when the game is ready many of the silent majority will be here to buy.

JJSmitty34 06-10-2019 10:03 AM

Thank you Jim, you are a true professional. Can't wait for FOF9/FOF10.

ZootMurph 06-10-2019 01:36 PM

I'll wait as long as it takes. What I like most about the game isn't the fancy schmancy bells and whistles (although I like them, don't get me wrong!), is that Jim has always listened to the community about the game. Maybe he hasn't always agreed, and that's fine... at least he listens with an open mind and makes changes when they are needed.

Thanks so much Jim for so many years of enjoyment of your game!

nbryant 06-10-2019 07:24 PM

Thanks Jim. Patience comes in many forms and understanding yours in product development really is appreciated as those of us that have lived within the FOF series for many years know and respect. Patience on our side as consumers will translate into satisfaction with an initial product that much cleaner than what we would have gotten from a clean build.

Don't understand the move to Ohio! A warmer climate would have been my first choice but hey, who can argue with the HOF right around the corner.

Best of luck as you keep pushing forward. Many here will still be here when the eventual unveiling occurs. After that, well, we will all be consumed with numerous hours of game time.

Jim Gindin 06-10-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbryant (Post 4500080)
Don't understand the move to Ohio! A warmer climate would have been my first choice but hey, who can argue with the HOF right around the corner.

It's really a coincidence, but if we ever have licensing, I can see it being something we can talk about (though the HOF is independent from the NFL and the NFLPA). My wife is a professor at Kent State, so the move is very helpful to her.

KeithSteele 06-10-2019 10:33 PM

I am live in Canton, Ohio and went to Kent State University so can say both are great! Also this news just pumped me up!!! I can't wait for the game!

james17 06-11-2019 02:11 AM

Fantastic to hear from you Jim! I'm waiting as patiently as I can. One thing you can be sure of is FOF9 will sell like crazy!

thefatcat 06-11-2019 03:48 AM

Many good things in the email and thank you for doing it. I think if there was one question that the devout followers of FOF over the years would ask it would very likely be this,will MP be available in the 1st release? I am sure even the OOTP marketing team would not mind you releasing just one little nugget of information, you could ask them but i guess know one knows where they are!!!!! So please if you could let it slip accidentally we'd be very grateful..... go on you know you want to :)

PS That question is for Jim or maybe one of the OOTP team no one else (many thanks!)

Hammercraft 06-11-2019 09:22 AM

The money will be here when you're ready to collect it. Thank you for your continuous work on a product we're anxious to play. :)

ezlee2 06-11-2019 09:46 AM

Thank you for the update Jim! Take all the time you need to produce a quality product as you always have.

Jim Gindin 06-11-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefatcat (Post 4500206)
Many good things in the email and thank you for doing it. I think if there was one question that the devout followers of FOF over the years would ask it would very likely be this,will MP be available in the 1st release? I am sure even the OOTP marketing team would not mind you releasing just one little nugget of information, you could ask them but i guess know one knows where they are!!!!! So please if you could let it slip accidentally we'd be very grateful..... go on you know you want to :)

PS That question is for Jim or maybe one of the OOTP team no one else (many thanks!)

The current answer is the same as when this last came up: it's something we'd like to provide, but it's a piece that doesn't transition well to a multi-platform framework. Most of FOF8 was written using C++ code meeting a multi-platform standard. The multi-player stuff was specific to Windows. So it has to be re-written and perhaps even redesigned. We feel our multi-player core of customers is very important and worth that extra effort; the question is when. No promises. Anything more than that will have to wait until the OOTP pre-release process begins.

webdox 06-11-2019 03:22 PM

If you build it he will come... wrong game I know... but words to live by.

Will wait as long as it takes...

brettrankin 06-11-2019 04:34 PM

Thanks for the update...this was great. I love hearing anything about the game, the thought process about any communications, and setting some future expectations.
Thanks again.

ohiodevil 06-11-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Gindin (Post 4500084)
It's really a coincidence, but if we ever have licensing, I can see it being something we can talk about (though the HOF is independent from the NFL and the NFLPA). My wife is a professor at Kent State, so the move is very helpful to her.

Welcome to NE Ohio Jim! Lived in the region most of my life, and I can say that despite it's bad rep nationally, this is a great place to live. Looking forward to FOF when it's released!

CalvinHobbes 06-11-2019 11:24 PM

I am very excited about this development

So, I was playing OOTP 20 and started thinking about FOF. I have bought several versions of the game, most recently through Steam. I was wondering if the game was still being developed and imagine my surprise when I search for it and find that you will be publishing with OOTP! That's amazing. I'm really looking forward to this release.

If I could ask for one thing it would be to make running the ball a little easier. In every version I have played I found that the defense got stronger against the run as the game went on. I believe this is because the AI knew your formations and was able to effectively guess what play you had planned. Fatigue didn't seem to come into play, however, it is my understanding that if you can the football early, it should become slightly easier to run in the 4th quarter as the defense gets tired. (I've never played the game, this is just through observation). I'm sure it's a fine balancing act and I will enjoy the game no matter what. It's just something that I have always wondered if it could be improved.

Thanks for listening and welcome aboard!!

Sharkn20 06-12-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalvinHobbes (Post 4500558)
So, I was playing OOTP 20 and started thinking about FOF. I have bought several versions of the game, most recently through Steam. I was wondering if the game was still being developed and imagine my surprise when I search for it and find that you will be publishing with OOTP! That's amazing. I'm really looking forward to this release.

If I could ask for one thing it would be to make running the ball a little easier. In every version I have played I found that the defense got stronger against the run as the game went on. I believe this is because the AI knew your formations and was able to effectively guess what play you had planned. Fatigue didn't seem to come into play, however, it is my understanding that if you can the football early, it should become slightly easier to run in the 4th quarter as the defense gets tired. (I've never played the game, this is just through observation). I'm sure it's a fine balancing act and I will enjoy the game no matter what. It's just something that I have always wondered if it could be improved.

Thanks for listening and welcome aboard!!

If you aren't yet, you should join an MP league of FOF8 and see how other GMs are able to move the ball like a truck, nothing you can do to stop them :)

dave1927p 06-12-2019 07:35 PM

It’s still going to be released before bannerlord!