OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 16 - Technical Support (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3897)
-   -   The Bug Report Thread (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=251920)

Javs 03-20-2015 10:37 PM

I am getting a "decompression error (#2029)" when it comes to installing ballpark_files.tar

yougo1000 03-20-2015 10:42 PM

I'm in 2018 and the box scores are no longer showing up on the top bar

http://i.imgur.com/IOVue2Y.png?1

EDIT:scores started showing up after September call-ups.

olivertheorem 03-20-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olivertheorem (Post 3831652)
I'm getting a similar error, on two separate downloads from the main link. I have another download in progress from the alternate to see if it makes any difference.

Last download from the alternate worked fine. :)

klonewarrior 03-20-2015 10:51 PM

FaceGen

I keep trying to enable face gen mode and after selecting 'enable' and restarting the program it goes right back to 'disabled'.

bcduggan 03-20-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javs (Post 3831672)
I am getting a "decompression error (#2029)" when it comes to installing ballpark_files.tar

I had this problem with OOTP15, it was due to the firewall setting on my antivirus program. Try changing the firewall setting to auromatic to interactive.

My antivirus program was AVG 2014 when I had the problem. I now use AVG 2015 and have it set to interactive and had no problems with the file this year.

IanIachimoe 03-20-2015 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olivertheorem (Post 3831686)
Last download from the alternate worked fine. :)

where is the alternate? is this to help with crashes? I cannot stop game from crashing whenever I try to do anything.

frustrating.

cdidman 03-20-2015 11:03 PM

Crashing

I have had 3 crashes so far. Once when I was looking at 3d ballpark, and now twice clicking play game vs a team. It brings up a box that says that OOTP 16 has stopped working, then just goes away.

What am I supposed to do about this? Send in my game files or something?

Thanks

fintach 03-20-2015 11:07 PM

FaceGen in Historical Game

I tried to start a 1980 SF Giants game and noticed that FaceGen made every MLB player is Caucasian. Everyone. Jim Rice, WIllie McCovey, Eddie Murray, Rod Carew... ETA: I'm finding the odd Hispanic or African setting here and there as I go team by team to fix this. But overwhelmingly players who are not Caucasian are listed as Caucasian.

Go Tribe 03-20-2015 11:24 PM

Go Tribe 03-20-2015 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klonewarrior (Post 3831689)
I keep trying to enable face gen mode and after selecting 'enable' and restarting the program it goes right back to 'disabled'.

Same here

pstrickert 03-20-2015 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdidman (Post 3831705)
I have had 3 crashes so far. Once when I was looking at 3d ballpark, and now twice clicking play game vs a team. It brings up a box that says that OOTP 16 has stopped working, then just goes away.

What am I supposed to do about this? Send in my game files or something?

Thanks

Instructions can be found in the first post in this thread.

IanIachimoe 03-20-2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Tribe (Post 3831722)
Same here

& in the game settings it says 'facegen not initialized" & all the options are unavailable. am I missing something?

MorseMoose 03-21-2015 12:04 AM

I've been misusing the DFA/Waivers (I think).

I have a pitcher that has 4 years left with a $14m contract each year. Obviously, I don't want to drop the guy and can't trade him. So, I just DFA/Waiver him, then put him on my active roster for a split second, then DFA/Waiver him, etc. etc.

Cheating? Should I force myself to police myself?

Edmonde 03-21-2015 12:13 AM

I have been crashing every time I try to shop a player around!

old timer 03-21-2015 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edmonde (Post 3831759)
I have been crashing every time I try to shop a player around!

We need to see your saved game files. See here for instructions on sending us your files: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

To help us to reproduce this error, can you tell us the name of one of the players you tried to shop around that caused it to crash?

Steve509 03-21-2015 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbuttons (Post 3831540)
Has anybody been seeing any issues with the auto-save? I got the following error right away after the game finished creating a historical league set in 1901 and every time a save is attempted, either manually or auto:

"Error moving league files to the 'auto-save' folder!
The auto-save function could not move one or more of the .dat files to the auto-save folder. Please delete the files in the auto-save folder manually to fix this problem."

It doesn't seem to be preventing saves, as I exit to another file and return to this one and it's where I left off, so I'm not sure why it keeps popping up. Just wanted to see if anybody else had seen this before I report it as a bug officially.

Did you import the league? I had the same issue when I imported my league from OOTP 15. What I did was cut the auto-save folder out of my saved game, then moved it else where in case I needed it again(I also created a new auto-save folder). Once I moved the old folder, I restarted the game, and loaded my league. After that, I didn't receive that pop instruction(and still haven't). Just make sure to backup your game and any saved progress before you cut the auto-save folder out. I hope that helps.

gosensgo101 03-21-2015 03:15 AM

Warming arms tiring after rain delay

Just had my first rain delay.

After the delay, the two guys who I had just recently gotten up in the pen had their status to tiring.

I'm not sure exactly how warming pitchers and rain delays should be handled, but they shouldn't be coming out of it "tiring"

Chisanga 03-21-2015 04:04 AM

Add-Ons central only has a list of three skins. If I manually add and save a server the list of mods from that server disappears each time I restart the game.

Is there any way to keep the full list of mods each time, otherwise I have to input server address every time.

alishere2 03-21-2015 04:50 AM

Crashing

During the offseason under manual award voting if people accidentally click on the manual allstar voting tab it will crash the game. I tried replicating it a couple times and it always occurred.

Matt Arnold 03-21-2015 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alishere2 (Post 3831848)
During the offseason under manual award voting if people accidentally click on the manual allstar voting tab it will crash the game. I tried replicating it a couple times and it always occurred.

I don't see the same problem in my tests. Would it be possible for you to upload a league file for us to have a look at? Thanks