OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Schedules (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3632)
-   -   GMO schedule request? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=177285)

ATLGary 01-10-2009 10:01 PM

GMO schedule request?

gmo,

first of all THANK YOU so much for all your help in the past! You truly have made the game what it is!!!

I am looking for a really simple schedule for my 6 team college feeder league, 40-60 games (flexible with final number) with double header games on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, all star game and Championship series.

I hope you can still help and that this will be an easy schedule for you.

gmo 01-10-2009 10:08 PM

Can you clarify how you want the games laid out?

Always DHs always on Tue, Fri, and Sat? Or sometimes single games on those days? Should the Fri & Sat matchups be against the same teams (and Tue games against different teams)?

When on the calendar should the season start? When should it end?

A 1-division league will not be able to have an All-Star Game. Two divisions of three games would allow for it, but that may give a playoffs setup you would not want. Anyway, if there was an All-Star Game, when during the season should it be?

ATLGary 01-10-2009 11:19 PM

Schedule details

Always DHs always on Tue, Fri, and Sat? Or sometimes single games on those days?
Could we always have double headers on Tuesdays and Fridays/Saturdays can be double header or single games...

Should the Fri & Sat matchups be against the same teams (and Tue games against different teams)?
Yes!!! perfect....

When on the calendar should the season start? When should it end?
The league is based off the coast of eastern canada/usa so games should be August-September with the championship game (best of three) ending before October starts (too cold! :))....

A 1-division league will not be able to have an All-Star Game. Two divisions of three games would allow for it, but that may give a playoffs setup you would not want. Anyway, if there was an All-Star Game, when during the season should it be?
Understand....no all-star game, that is OK......

gmo - thanks you are the best!!!!!

gmo 01-11-2009 03:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
#
# 6 team schedule, 46 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 1 subleague with 1 division with 6 teams
#
#
# 8-10 games against 5 other teams in division (4-5H/4-5A)
#
#
# Games played only on Tue, Fri, Sat
#
# Tuesday is always doubleheader 2-game series
#
# Friday and Saturday games are 3-game or 4-game series
# For 4-game series both Fri & Sat doubleheader
# For 3-game series either Fri or Sat is doubleheader
#
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 11 games
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
# except first games of doubleheaders are set at 2:05pm
#
# Season begins first Friday on or after July 24
# Season thus ends late September
#
# No All-Star Game set with only 1-division configuration
#

ATLGary 01-12-2009 08:59 PM

you did it again!!!!! thanks!!!!

Thanks GMO...you always come through! amazing! :woohoo:

ATLGary 01-12-2009 09:21 PM

GMO...seems a slight problem....

I uploaded teh schedule but get the error message that the schedule does not match the structure of the league. I checked and it is 1 league 1 division 6 teams 46 games no all star game starting on July 24th....

have any ideas of problem???

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

gmo 01-12-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLGary (Post 2653741)
I uploaded teh schedule but get the error message that the schedule does not match the structure of the league. I checked and it is 1 league 1 division 6 teams 46 games no all star game starting on July 24th....

have any ideas of problem???

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Ah, yes - my bad. With these 1-division leagues, the balanced games setting apparently needs to be set on.

I changed the attachment above. Download it again, set the "Use Balanced Schedule Format" checkbox on, then the file should import (I tested it, and it worked).

AndrewG 05-22-2009 01:16 PM

I am setting up a 6 team laegue already.. I have teams imported and players ready..

I would love to use this schedule.. how do I impliment it??

(I know, been asked a million times before.)

gmo 05-27-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sbufkle (Post 2732760)
I am setting up a 6 team laegue already.. I have teams imported and players ready..

I would love to use this schedule.. how do I impliment it??

(I know, been asked a million times before.)

If this post does not explain it enough for you to get it to work, let me know.