OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3940)
-   -   Well This could be an interesting series. (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=297668)

BaseballMan 01-13-2019 05:25 PM

Well This could be an interesting series.

1 Attachment(s)
Reached the year 1919 in my current sim and at the end of the year these are the final standings.
Wonder if the game will duplicate the throwing of the series.

actionjackson 01-13-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballMan (Post 4418156)
Reached the year 1919 in my current sim and at the end of the year these are the final standings.

"Say it ain't so OOTP Joe!!!" :p :D :laugh:

joefromchicago 01-14-2019 09:41 AM

Wow, the Brownies had the top three batters in the league and they finished one game above .500? How bad was their pitching staff?

BaseballMan 01-14-2019 06:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by joefromchicago (Post 4418476)
Wow, the Brownies had the top three batters in the league and they finished one game above .500? How bad was their pitching staff?

It wasn't horrible. I've seen far worse.
Chicago won the series 5-4 and Buck Weaver was the MVP of the series.
Unfortunately i messed up some manager changes and will have to replay the season. Its more a cosmetic issue in that the news and manager records would be wrong. I am debating whether i should run the season till the White Sox and Reds meet again or let it the season play out.
I kinda feel bad for the Reds as i think this was the first time since 1882 that they made it to the series. Then again they lost the series.

Brad K 01-14-2019 11:53 PM

Quote:

Gee, I hope the "OOTP should allow the Ripken streak" folks don't see this.

joefromchicago 01-15-2019 01:44 PM

Looks like Risberg and Felsch were trying to throw the series all by themselves.

actionjackson 01-16-2019 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefromchicago (Post 4419189)
Looks like Risberg and Felsch were trying to throw the series all by themselves.

...And Hod Eller (despite the low ERA, he was pretty terrible), Jimmy Ring, and Slim Sallee did their best Goofy Gophers impersonation ("after you", "oh no, no, no...after you", "no I must insist...after you") and insisted that the White Sox take the series. :D

joefromchicago 01-17-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by actionjackson (Post 4419530)
...And Hod Eller (despite the low ERA, he was pretty terrible), Jimmy Ring, and Slim Sallee did their best Goofy Gophers impersonation ("after you", "oh no, no, no...after you", "no I must insist...after you") and insisted that the White Sox take the series. :D

Before the Goofy Gophers, there were Alphonse & Gaston, names that should be known to all baseball fans. I remember watching Cubs broadcasts in the 1970s and, when a ball fell between two outfielders who both thought that the other would take it, Lou Boudreau would always say "that was an Alphonse & Gaston play!" And sometimes, those plays work in the Cubs' favor.

webrian 01-17-2019 08:33 PM

A rollicking back-and-forth, momentum-shifting, nine-game World Series?

I say the gamblers still have their grimy hands all over our national game.

Signed,

Kennesaw Mountain Webrian.

P.S. -- I love this thread.

webrian 01-17-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

I love these sepia-colored screens for old-time baseball replays.

actionjackson 01-18-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joefromchicago (Post 4420107)
Before the Goofy Gophers, there were Alphonse & Gaston, names that should be known to all baseball fans. I remember watching Cubs broadcasts in the 1970s and, when a ball fell between two outfielders who both thought that the other would take it, Lou Boudreau would always say "that was an Alphonse & Gaston play!" And sometimes, those plays work in the Cubs' favor.

Definitely heard of Alphonse and Gaston with regard to klutzy fielding before. Also there were The Keystone Cops, but I wonder if they only apply to the keystone combo messing up.