OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - 3D Models (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3879)
-   -   How to model a 3D Ballpark - Video Tutorials here! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=289916)

Flying_Canuck 07-03-2018 09:12 AM

Silvam, I want to officially thank you for putting this tutorial up. As you can surely see, the tutorial is inspiring so many of us to start building 3D stadiums. Without this, I wouldn't even know where to start.

silvam14 07-03-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying_Canuck (Post 4342574)
Silvam, I want to officially thank you for putting this tutorial up. As you can surely see, the tutorial is inspiring so many of us to start building 3D stadiums. Without this, I wouldn't even know where to start.

This is great just seeing different parks that I didn’t create. I’m seriously hoping someone gets better techniques and shares them with me as I am. I expert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nielsoncp 01-30-2019 06:34 PM

As a side note - Sketchup Pro is the only edition that you can download and use on your computer, and only 30 days at that. If you want a desktop app, you need to download Sketchup Make 2017 from their previous downloads section. You can find the link here: https://help.sketchup.com/en/downloading-older-versions

silvam14 01-30-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nielsoncp (Post 4425908)
As a side note - Sketchup Pro is the only edition that you can download and use on your computer, and only 30 days at that. If you want a desktop app, you need to download Sketchup Make 2017 from their previous downloads section. You can find the link here: https://help.sketchup.com/en/downloading-older-versions

I’m still using 16

nielsoncp 01-30-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvam14 (Post 4425910)
I’m still using 16

Sorry, should have clarified - if you're looking to get started (and haven't been at it for a while) download an earlier version of Make.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

godmode 07-16-2019 11:09 PM

What happened to video #2?

micropterus58 07-17-2019 12:37 PM

As a temporary fix go to YouTube via the part 1 link. Click on Michael Silva's name. You will find all of his videos. Part 2 is working. He needs to fix the link in the first post.

silvam14 07-17-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micropterus58 (Post 4516045)
As a temporary fix go to YouTube via the part 1 link. Click on Michael Silva's name. You will find all of his videos. Part 2 is working. He needs to fix the link in the first post.

I’ll fix it soon. Don’t know what happened

rexrowland 06-14-2020 01:52 AM

Hi,
Baker Bowl as it was designed has always worked fine in my game, but I wanted to customize the ballpark with logos of a fictional team. So, just winging it, I simply deleted things that reference the Phillies and replaced them with images specific to the fictional team. I exported, put the new folder (with the files generated by SketchUp) into the OOTP ballparks/models directory, and I thought that was it. Of course not; all I'm seeing in the 3D Model tab is a 100% completely black stadium against a blue sky. I apparently have every texture in the texture folder that the .mtl file mentions.

The only file I see missing is the .prk file (which I don't know how to create). Is that why? Any other reasons why this might be happening? Is there a place in the videos that would explain my problem?

Cole98 08-21-2020 03:14 PM

I'm following along with the tutorial, with a few embellishments, and I have run into an issue with the crowd. They appear to be sunken below the face of the seating.

Rosco Peabody 08-22-2021 06:24 PM

I'm an idiot...

I'm an idiot. If you're having problems, don't be like me. I wanted to add one of these to a random team in my fictional league before adding one to my own, just to see what it looked like. I added it, adjusted a few things, then went into a game to see if it worked. I was disappointed to see the default stadium greet me. I simmed the day and tried again only to be disappointed with the default stadium yet again. I looked and looked to see what I had done wrong. Then it hit me...

The team I added it to was on a road trip, playing all away games...

I'm an idiot...

jldante56 10-06-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majoch (Post 4340225)
I've spent many months lurking these forums, reading old threads and stealing ideas/being inspired by content here. But I was looking for a model of a football stadium "temporarily" hosting a baseball team and couldn't find one.

So after a lot of doing nothing, I tried doing it myself using these tutorials.

Seriously, it was so much easier to start than I thought it was. I've spent two evenings have already got something almost passable; it has plenty of imperfections but I made it, so I love it.

If you are reading this and umming and aahing about trying, give it a go. The tutorials seem long and scary but they are worth the investment.

Thanks for sharing and great job! I can't wait to get started myself!

jldante56 10-06-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvam14 (Post 4516051)
I’ll fix it soon. Don’t know what happened

Silvam - You sir are an OG of OOTP. Thank you for taking the time to create these and share. I can't wait to get started building my own stadiums thanks to you!

mytreds 09-08-2022 11:01 PM

Thanks for the great videos. I am having trouble finding an OBJ Exporter for Sketchup 2022 though.

Also, when I add the 3D crowds, my field and wall texture go black. Any ideas why that could be? I double checked to see that my field has both sides textured.

silvam14 09-09-2022 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytreds (Post 4934451)
Thanks for the great videos. I am having trouble finding an OBJ Exporter for Sketchup 2022 though.

Also, when I add the 3D crowds, my field and wall texture go black. Any ideas why that could be? I double checked to see that my field has both sides textured.

I still use sketchup 2016 so I can’t tell you if the plug-in for that would work in 22.

There could be an issue in the .mtl file which is causing the textures to go black. When you added the 3D crowd, did you modify the .mtl file?

mytreds 09-09-2022 12:29 PM

I'll DM you silvam so I don't clog this thread with troubleshooting.

mytreds 09-30-2022 04:40 AM

Did anyone find/make a tutorial for backgrounds?

Edit: Nevermind, found this, I’m assuming it’ll still apply to todays version of the game.

cool35 05-12-2023 01:39 AM

Hi
I can't open this link , Is this link still working?
"Download silvam14's Stadium Texture pack"

EsoDeVulpes 06-05-2023 12:34 AM

Can't get diamond into my model

Hey, I'm tying to follow all the tutorials and make my own models, but I'm at the point where I need to put the actual baseball diamond onto the field. Whenever I try to copy and paste it like you do in the video, it doesn't select everything, instead only select one thing at a time. Am I doing something wrong?

Flying_Canuck 06-05-2023 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsoDeVulpes (Post 5014676)
Hey, I'm tying to follow all the tutorials and make my own models, but I'm at the point where I need to put the actual baseball diamond onto the field. Whenever I try to copy and paste it like you do in the video, it doesn't select everything, instead only select one thing at a time. Am I doing something wrong?

Use CTRL + click to select multiple things. I also find it easier to select what you need and make them into a group. That's easier to move things around. You can explode the group afterwards if you want to ensure all the faces intersect properly.