OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 2 - Online Leagues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3903)
-   -   Major League Hockey | 20 Teams | Fictional League (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=254282)

checkyoursixx 04-20-2015 08:30 PM

Major League Hockey | 20 Teams | Fictional League

Rizzo 04-21-2015 07:26 AM

Already signed up and can't wait to get this going!

Garethw87 04-21-2015 08:26 AM

Nice to see some early excitement!

Rizzo 04-21-2015 06:07 PM

I'm not even a huge hockey fan and I'm excited for this. Hope we can get 20 dedicated owners to start this league up on the right foot.

checkyoursixx 04-21-2015 06:29 PM

I expect more interest closer to the release of FHM 2. Don't hesistate to sign up to the forums if interested!

AlpineSK 04-22-2015 07:02 AM

Are you going to keep the forums public for reading? I'm sure that some of us who are not buying FHM2 would like to read your experiences with it. No need to comment on them obviously as we are not involved but reading could be valuable.

checkyoursixx 04-22-2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlpineSK (Post 3857634)
Are you going to keep the forums public for reading? I'm sure that some of us who are not buying FHM2 would like to read your experiences with it. No need to comment on them obviously as we are not involved but reading could be valuable.

For sure! I have no intentions on making it private.

Cole 04-24-2015 12:08 AM

Sounds neat.Question though, when you say completely fictional universe do you mean fictitious city names and everything? Or simply just the fact it's a fictional league, meaning no Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens, etc. ?

I assume the latter, but I wanted to be sure...

Evok 04-24-2015 10:00 AM

That's sound amazing but i have literally no confidence in my sim management capacity >_> maybe in a few months after release but right now i don't feel ready. Is it possible to be added to a 'future expansion' list ? :P

There is also the fact that i dont know either how an online game is played so i might just be useless xD

I'll keep an eye on this forum most likely !

Rizzo 04-24-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evok (Post 3859014)
That's sound amazing but i have literally no confidence in my sim management capacity >_> maybe in a few months after release but right now i don't feel ready. Is it possible to be added to a 'future expansion' list ? :P

There is also the fact that i dont know either how an online game is played so i might just be useless xD

I'll keep an eye on this forum most likely !

Have you ever played a sports text sim before? I remember when I first started playing them I was very hesitant to join an online league because I didn't think I would be ready. Honestly, playing single player leagues won't ever fully prepare you for an online league.

If you have any interest in joining any online league my suggestion is to just jump right in. As a new manager to the online side of the game you have to be ready to make mistakes and learn from it. If you're the type of GM who can't take the fact that you lost a trade then it could get frustrating. But if you are willing to work through any mistakes or withstand a rebuild then get in this league now.

With online leagues I have learned the most from the community that the league builds. It's pretty obvious which GMs are knowledgeable and as long as you pick their brains on what they know and any suggestions they have for you then you will be fine.

That was just a round about way of saying JOIN THIS LEAGUE! [emoji1]

Evok 04-24-2015 11:33 AM

You are right Rizzo, it will actually motivate me more to learn and play ! I might struggle in the first few years but im pretty sure once i get the ropes it'll be better. Let's jump in then !

checkyoursixx 04-24-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Cole. (Post 3858923)
Sounds neat.Question though, when you say completely fictional universe do you mean fictitious city names and everything? Or simply just the fact it's a fictional league, meaning no Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens, etc. ?

I assume the latter, but I wanted to be sure...

Hi Cole,

Fictional Players but real cities. Just no NHL teams of that sort. As much as I enjoy fictional leagues I'd rather not create a new Roman Empire and Elven Kingdom :p

checkyoursixx 04-24-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evok (Post 3859045)
You are right Rizzo, it will actually motivate me more to learn and play ! I might struggle in the first few years but im pretty sure once i get the ropes it'll be better. Let's jump in then !

No worries Evok, everyone starts somewhere. I am always available for questions and help when the league does in fact begin.

I don't have all the answers seeing as FHM 2 has not released yet but it should be an easier learning curve then OOTP simply because you won't have to manage 4 other minor league teams.

Things will be kept very simple. One Pro league, One farm league and thats it. Assuming this can be done.

Rizzo 04-24-2015 05:03 PM

And for the record I have never played a hockey sim so while I know my way around online leagues I have zero experience in the sport of hockey.

Hank1974 04-26-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizzo (Post 3859027)
Have you ever played a sports text sim before? I remember when I first started playing them I was very hesitant to join an online league because I didn't think I would be ready. Honestly, playing single player leagues won't ever fully prepare you for an online league.

If you have any interest in joining any online league my suggestion is to just jump right in. As a new manager to the online side of the game you have to be ready to make mistakes and learn from it. If you're the type of GM who can't take the fact that you lost a trade then it could get frustrating. But if you are willing to work through any mistakes or withstand a rebuild then get in this league now.

With online leagues I have learned the most from the community that the league builds. It's pretty obvious which GMs are knowledgeable and as long as you pick their brains on what they know and any suggestions they have for you then you will be fine.

That was just a round about way of saying JOIN THIS LEAGUE! [emoji1]

Well said.
I never played OOTP before in my life and I jumped into an online league.
I've made some mistakes along the way, but the league I'm in has a great bunch of guys, and really I don't sweat the mistakes.
It's been pure fun. So much so, I don't know if I'll ever have to, or want to play another console sports game again.

Rizzo 04-26-2015 10:03 PM

Console sports are dead to be as well. Not only do I not have the time to play out games but I find much more joy in managing teams to wins rather than using stick skills. Plus when you find an online league to play in you get a great community to enjoy the game with that you won't ever get with console games.

I've jumped into an OOTP league myself and made my own mistakes. I'm currently reading Money Ball and hoping I learn a thing or two from it lol.

Cole 04-27-2015 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by checkyoursixx (Post 3859114)

Things will be kept very simple. One Pro league, One farm league and thats it. Assuming this can be done.

It can be :)

Hank1974 04-27-2015 11:58 AM

Great stuff checkyoursixx.
If you don't mind me lending my worthless $.02, don't give the owners too much carte blanche.

I ran an FHL league once where I was way too diplomatic.
Trying to please everyone led to nobody being pleased.

Don't feel bad about setting the rules and sticking to them.
Once the season begins, evaluate what rules could be changed, and have all the GM's vote.

Rule with an Iron Fist!! ;)
http://www.thegospelcoalition.org/bl.../Iron-Fist.png

Rizzo 04-27-2015 05:50 PM

Yes the commish needs to come up with rules and force everyone to play by them. Can't feel bad.

checkyoursixx 05-01-2015 04:25 PM

Still looking for GMs. Get in while it's fresh! :laugh: