OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3940)
-   -   OOTP 19 Historic Ballparks (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=289824)

John McGraw 05-21-2018 05:27 PM

OOTP 19 Historic Ballparks

Does anyone know when the Add-on Central will create the mod for historic ballparks.

I and several others tried importing the ballparks for 19 only to have them crash our system.

We were told to wait for the team to put a mod together for 19 but it's almost June and I haven't heard what's happening. I do not want to add the ballparks by hand.

italyprof 05-24-2018 04:59 AM

Hi John McGraw. I had the same view, but in the end I downloaded the historical parks. They work fine with OOTP 19 if you follow the instructions.

And since there are not really any new old parks, the new mod will probably not add many to what exists. So it is worth downloading them now and then when the new bunch come out, which may or may not add some parks that are not yet in the group of available parks, we can all download those.

Playing in the Baker Bowl, Crosley Field, Ebbets and the Polo Grounds, are a blast. Lots of fun. Well worth it.

John McGraw 05-26-2018 02:35 PM

I tried twice a couple months ago to add the ballparks and both times it ruined my animation and I had to uninstall then reinstall.

I only have OOTP 19 purchased through the vendor, not the Steam site. Steam seems OK from what I read but not the game vendor for importing the old stadiums.

Beatles Eternally 07-03-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John McGraw (Post 4328821)
I tried twice a couple months ago to add the ballparks and both times it ruined my animation and I had to uninstall then reinstall.

I only have OOTP 19 purchased through the vendor, not the Steam site. Steam seems OK from what I read but not the game vendor for importing the old stadiums.

Hi John McGraw - I won't call you Mugsy ;). I've imported the classic parks by hand and I have had no problems with them. If you like, I could provide the steps I use.

Best,
Beatles

The Game 07-03-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John McGraw (Post 4328821)

I've had no problems so far with old parks with the recent patches. Silvam's Old Yankee & Veterans Park. I also have a Silvam custom park in that works fine. i did have issues with black crowds when i 1st got 19.

John McGraw 07-05-2018 08:31 PM

How did you import the games? Through Add-on Central download or by hand?

If by hand, is there a step-by-step on how to do it?

The Game 07-06-2018 04:40 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by John McGraw (Post 4343621)
How did you import the games? Through Add-on Central download or by hand?

If by hand, is there a step-by-step on how to do it?

By hand. i have almost all of Silvams parks downloaded.

1. Go to edit ballpark
2. Select manually import data ( You can either use a downloaded park or Pstrickets's parks file. The Pstrickerts file should automatically attach all photos, diagrams and 3D, manual D/L will not. You will have manually add the diagram and 3D.
3. Select the .prk file
4. If needed go to pictures & coordinates and add diagram and 3D.
And i have black stands. I will have to check with eriqjaffe on this.

John McGraw 07-06-2018 07:10 AM

Thanks, I'll try this.

So, if I manually import into OOTP 19 the game will not crash and I will not have to reinstall?

The Game 07-07-2018 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John McGraw (Post 4343711)
Thanks, I'll try this.

So, if I manually import into OOTP 19 the game will not crash and I will not have to reinstall?

umm....:confused:

It shouldn't

grall1126 02-18-2019 03:25 PM

Ballpark view

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,
Is this normal for the ballparks to block out center field?

The Game 02-18-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grall1126 (Post 4436227)
Hi Guys,
Is this normal for the ballparks to block out center field?

If you go to View, you should have moire than 1 camera angle. With Polo grounds because of how far away CF is, it might be on;y 1 or 2 camera angles.

grall1126 02-19-2019 05:01 AM

I'll have to look again. I tried the different views but I didn't see a key for changing the angle. I'll keep looking.