OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 14 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3858)
-   -   Is there An Easy Way To View MLB Yearly Rookie Imports? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=235181)

The Game 08-07-2013 08:27 PM

Is there An Easy Way To View MLB Yearly Rookie Imports?

For some reason OOTP did not import historical rookies to their proper teams. I am starting the 2010 season and many players are on the wrong teams. Darwin Barbey is on Arizona, Pedro Alvarez is on the Giants, Allen Craig in on the Yankees, etc. My last backup was prior to the start of the 2009 playoffs and I have since added 3 leagues.
I am trying to find an easy why to view them to edit them to their proper team 2010 Major League Baseball New Debuts - Baseball-Reference.com
I pull up each player and click real stats and then go into editor but i am only thru the A's after 4 days.

JMDurron 08-07-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 3551141)
For some reason OOTP did not import historical rookies to their proper teams. I am starting the 2010 season and many players are on the wrong teams. Darwin Barbey is on Arizona, Pedro Alvarez is on the Giants, Allen Craig in on the Yankees, etc. My last backup was prior to the start of the 2009 playoffs and I have since added 3 leagues.
I am trying to find an easy why to view them to edit them to their proper team 2010 Major League Baseball New Debuts - Baseball-Reference.com
I pull up each player and click real stats and then go into editor but i am only thru the A's after 4 days.

Go to League -> Transactions -> View All MLB Players

Under View, select Financial Info

Select Customize

Click the checkbox for Experience

Reverse sort by Experience. I believe the guys with values of 1 should be your rookies. I'm midseason, so if you're in the preseason your rookies might show a zero. I'm not certain.

The Game 08-08-2013 05:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMDurron (Post 3551201)

Click the checkbox for Experience

I dont see this.
This is how i am sorting it. I have fixed about 8 players so far.

andymac 08-08-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 3551307)
I dont see this.
This is how i am sorting it. I have fixed about 8 players so far.

After you have selected the financial view he wants you to click on that drop down again and customize it. That is how you can get Experience on this view (by checking the box when customizing).

The Game 08-08-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andymac (Post 3551308)
After you have selected the financial view he wants you to click on that drop down again and customize it. That is how you can get Experience on this view (by checking the box when customizing).

Under Filter or View? i did not see Experience under Filter. Did not look under View.

andymac 08-08-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 3551310)
Under Filter or View? i did not see Experience under Filter. Did not look under View.

Under view choose customize and you will have a bunch of choices that you can pick from for your view. Check the box next to the ones you want to see.

JMDurron 08-08-2013 08:32 AM

"Total years" is contract length, that won't tell you anything about rookies.

Sorry, andymac is right, I meant go to View->Customize after you've selected Financial Info, then click "Experience" in there.

The Game 08-08-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMDurron (Post 3551339)

Sorry, andymac is right, I meant go to View->Customize after you've selected Financial Info, then click "Experience" in there.

Ok got it. Think i am gonna do a restore. I have a ton of 2012 rookies and a few 2011 along with 2010 and i am not sure if i am missing any of them so far. This is the 2nd time this league has done this.

chucksabr 10-16-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMDurron (Post 3551339)

I found all the as well, but here's the rub: you can filter for experience under financial info and then sort ascending to see the rookies, but you cannot filter for zero experience under Filter to see only rookies. That's a sorta problem.

Bluenoser 10-16-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucksabr (Post 3586946)
I found all the as well, but here's the rub: you can filter for experience under financial info and then sort ascending to see the rookies, but you cannot filter for zero experience under Filter to see only rookies. That's a sorta problem.

Not sure how it's a problem - if you sort on the experience column in ascending order all the players with 0 experience will be listed first.

And you don't necessarily need to use the filter, just customize the default/financial view to include experience. Either way works.

JMDurron 10-16-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucksabr (Post 3586946)

This would make sense, though, if the experience displayed is just a rounded integer displayed value of a value that really goes 0.01 -> 0.02 -> 0.03 and so on. So, you can sort and get the order to indicate rookies, but if you set a filter value of 0, even the 0.01 experience value guys won't show up.

chucksabr 03-15-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenoser (Post 3586956)
Not sure how it's a problem - if you sort on the experience column in ascending order all the players with 0 experience will be listed first.

And you don't necessarily need to use the filter, just customize the default/financial view to include experience. Either way works.

Yes, but then I might want to sort further players with zero years experience, such as by potential rating.