OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 15 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3876)
-   -   The original Out of the Park Baseball 1999 available for free! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=247292)

Markus Heinsohn 08-27-2014 05:03 AM

The original Out of the Park Baseball 1999 available for free!
 
Hey guys,

to celebrate the 15th anniversary of OOTP, we have decided to make the original game available for free :D

It is a DOS based game, so you will need to run it in a DOS emulator like DOSBox (free). We’ve got it working using DOSBox just fine, but it requires some toying with the options, otherwise the game runs too slow. See DOSBox’s manual for help. Here is the download link:

Download OOTP 1999 for DOS

So, have fun, if you can get it to work ;)

Cheers!
Markus

Cryomaniac 08-27-2014 05:29 AM

Should be open source :p

Seriously though, this is a good thing =D

Markus Heinsohn 08-27-2014 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomaniac (Post 3743726)
Should be open source :p

No way! Sony would steal the AI! :laugh:

Cryomaniac 08-27-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 3743729)
No way! Sony would steal the AI! :laugh:

Didn't think of that :laugh:

sprague 08-27-2014 12:12 PM

I would recommend putting ootp10 out for free

Right now the most recent free version is 8. It is what I tried and got me interested to buy a new version

I say 10, because it is the oldest edition with the current pitching model of pitches rather than just a stuff rating, as well as many other updates from 8.
Gives a more up-to-date look at the current game.

Just a suggestion.

derek412 08-27-2014 12:13 PM

I remember playing the original game, and hoping it would do well enough to continue to expand. And boy did it ever! Bought every version since pretty much.

Cryomaniac 08-27-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprague (Post 3743796)
I would recommend putting ootp10 out for free

Right now the most recent free version is 8. It is what I tried and got me interested to buy a new version

I say 10, because it is the oldest edition with the current pitching model of pitches rather than just a stuff rating, as well as many other updates from 8.
Gives a more up-to-date look at the current game.

Just a suggestion.

I'm guessing 10 will be the next one that is made free. When is another matter though.

jerryb1961 08-27-2014 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Works fine. A couple of caveats: Use cntrl-F12 to run the simulated CPU cycles up.

The install.exe program works correctly and installs the game, but doesn't exit.

Griever20 08-27-2014 01:37 PM

I'm curious if this works on my tablet with dosbox... incoming poor man's OOTP android version :D

Cowboys3356 08-27-2014 02:39 PM

This is awesome! Maybe I can fire up the old Acer computer and hopefully find a floppy disk or two with some save game files on them!!

Bluenoser 08-27-2014 03:20 PM

I still have my CD packed away for safe keeping. All other versions (final patched) I have put away on DVD's. :)

JohnHoward 08-27-2014 03:48 PM

I still have an old laptop I keep around just because it has 6.51a on it!

Ike348 08-27-2014 04:47 PM

Anyone know of a good program for mac that could run DOS games?

Hockey13Playa 08-27-2014 04:59 PM

Could we see a few more screen shots of in game and some of the team pages and such? :)

I am new since OOTP14 and checking out some retro screen's would be great!!

Ike348 08-27-2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike348 (Post 3743864)
Anyone know of a good program for mac that could run DOS games?

Found Boxer and it looks like the game is running slow, even with the CPU at 50000 cycles...

EDIT: Can't get past the start screen...

Tyler87898 08-27-2014 09:19 PM

Can anyone help me with instructions on how to run it with dosbox? I figured out how to mount it and open the directory. If I type in "install" the installer opens up but if I press anything it doesn't work.

edit: I can open the button to choose a directory to install the game in but I can't type in it.

edit 2: If I just open the game (no installing) I can use the menu but I can't type anything, so I can't make a league.

chucksabr 08-28-2014 09:44 AM

I have a Commodore 64. Do you have a version for that?

Ike348 08-28-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler87898 (Post 3743936)
Can anyone help me with instructions on how to run it with dosbox? I figured out how to mount it and open the directory. If I type in "install" the installer opens up but if I press anything it doesn't work.

edit: I can open the button to choose a directory to install the game in but I can't type in it.

edit 2: If I just open the game (no installing) I can use the menu but I can't type anything, so I can't make a league.


Pretty much the same here. I can open the start menu, and click on something, but the screen never loads. It stays a black screen. Also, I can run the install.exe but I can't type anything.

I'm on a Mac with DosBox.

baseballonly 08-28-2014 04:51 PM

Was there a tournament mode in any prior version?

ootp3to6 08-28-2014 05:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa (Post 3743868)
Could we see a few more screen shots of in game and some of the team pages and such? :)

I am new since OOTP14 and checking out some retro screen's would be great!!

Here is the "League setup" for OOTP99.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments