OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3965)
-   -   Help with setting up new historical league (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=305766)

Zundar 08-05-2019 11:07 PM

Help with setting up new historical league

I want to have a MLB starting in 1901. I want to use real teams and league structures as they were every year. I want the stats to be based on real life stats for each year. I want real players to debut in their historical years. I want to have a draft every year so players don't have to play on their historical teams. I want a full minor league system plus college and high school feeder leagues. I also want the Negro League players available for the MLB draft, I don't want a color barrier. Can all of this be setup with a wizard? If some of it can't, is it easy to edit the league after creating?

Thanks.

The Game 08-05-2019 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zundar (Post 4523146)
I want to have a MLB starting in 1901. I want to use real teams and league structures as they were every year. I want the stats to be based on real life stats for each year. I want real players to debut in their historical years. I want to have a draft every year so players don't have to play on their historical teams. I want a full minor league system plus college and high school feeder leagues. I also want the Negro League players available for the MLB draft, I don't want a color barrier. Can all of this be setup with a wizard? If some of it can't, is it easy to edit the league after creating?

Thanks.

yes...however if you use a HS & college feeder those will all be fictional players, so your league is going to get flooded by them and some will be better then the current HOFers. Everything else is pretty easy thru the wizard.

Zundar 08-05-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 4523148)
yes...however if you use a HS & college feeder those will all be fictional players, so your league is going to get flooded by them and some will be better then the current HOFers. Everything else is pretty easy thru the wizard.

Thanks!

If I don't use college and HS feeders will the game create enough fictional players for a full draft if there aren't enough real players coming up? Can you create a fictional player and add him to the draft pool?

scott1964 08-06-2019 01:59 PM

You get plenty of guys without creating any fictional ones.

Zundar 08-08-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott1964 (Post 4523301)
You get plenty of guys without creating any fictional ones.

There are a few people I want to add to the league in various years and see what happens. So I was wondering how I would create them and have them available for the draft.

scott1964 08-08-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zundar (Post 4524178)
There are a few people I want to add to the league in various years and see what happens. So I was wondering how I would create them and have them available for the draft.

You can edit one of the draftees

Zundar 08-12-2019 08:16 PM

How would I go about setting up a league that would basically be MLB starting in 1871 but using fictional players instead of real ones? I would like to use the stats and strategies for each year to match the historical MLB seasons. I also would like to have minor leagues from the start. Would I use the Fictional League option to create it? Will the Wizard walk me through the setup so I can easily set it to match MLB?

WestCoastGuy 10-18-2019 02:59 AM

Are you still looking for an answer? I just asked this question for starting a game in 1901, and it appears that the steps are identical for a game starting in 1871 with one exception.

To clear out all of the 1871 real-life players, complete these steps ... Complete Inaugural Draft (this is the extra step) ... Clear Rosters ... Delete All Free Agents in Transactions ... Fill Teams With Fictional Players.

To ensure that all future players are fictional, go to ... Game Settings - League Settings - Historical ... uncheck Automatically import historical rookies.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=307506