OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   Personal Milestone that I want to share. (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=307519)

Kushiel 10-17-2019 12:58 PM

Personal Milestone that I want to share.

Tomorrow, October 18th, my lovely wife and I will be observing our 50th Wedding Anniversary with the celebration actually being Saturday. It has required lots of love, understanding, forgiveness, being best friends, and relatively good health.

She married me 12 days after I returned from Vietnam and we had to be apart just 10 days later because I had to go to Parris Island, South Carolina to be a marksmanship instructor for Marine Corps recruits. She joined me a week later after I found an apartment in nearby Beaufort. We have been together ever since.

This post is completely unrelated to this forum but I am proud of our marriage. I hope that all of you that are married or will be can find the peace, love, and commitment that my wife and I have found in one another.

Mammoth_Mayhem 10-17-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kushiel (Post 4549297)
Tomorrow, October 18th, my lovely wife and I will be observing our 50th Wedding Anniversary with the celebration actually being Saturday. It has required lots of love, understanding, forgiveness, being best friends, and relatively good health.

She married me 12 days after I returned from Vietnam and we had to be apart just 10 days later because I had to go to Parris Island, South Carolina to be a marksmanship instructor for Marine Corps recruits. She joined me a week later after I found an apartment in nearby Beaufort. We have been together ever since.

This post is completely unrelated to this forum but I am proud of our marriage. I hope that all of you that are married or will be can find the peace, love, and commitment that my wife and I have found in one another.

Congrats!

trman73 10-17-2019 02:58 PM

Great message. Congrats to you both!

Germaniac 10-17-2019 03:23 PM

Great story! Congratulations!

Ty Cobb 10-17-2019 03:42 PM

It's my 16th today. Congratulation to you on your glorious time! Many more...

webdox 10-17-2019 10:03 PM

Our 25th will be in a few months. Grats to you and the Mrs... Hoping our 2nd 25 will be as fulfilling as yours sounds!

OMGPuppies 10-17-2019 11:01 PM

Quote:

Holy cow. Congratulations. That's like Full Metal Jacket and stuff.

RchW 10-17-2019 11:07 PM

It'll be our 32nd anniversary Oct 24. I hope I live long enough to make 50. Congratulations and best wishes!

mcdog512 10-17-2019 11:57 PM

39 years next month.

Stanley Kuppchaser 10-19-2019 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Best of the best to you both!

neugey 10-19-2019 10:26 AM

Congrats! Have you also survived 50 years in OOTP with a small-market team and Cannot Be Fired unchecked? :)

Kushiel 10-21-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neugey (Post 4549948)
Congrats! Have you also survived 50 years in OOTP with a small-market team and Cannot Be Fired unchecked? :)

I played regular OOTP allowing myself to be fired. Sometimes I played small market teams but never played one team 50 years. When I get them to World Series/playoffs regularly I start another team. They lose their lustre to me when they become good. I like to build. :D

Pineywoods OOTPer 10-21-2019 04:49 PM

20 years coming up this April. My better half, Stephanie, has been there for so much of my life over those years and I can't imagine life without her.

Will_L 10-21-2019 07:38 PM

Congrats on the 50th! Wonderful news to share, thank you!
We'll be hitting our 19th in February.

daves 10-21-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Congrats! That is amazing! :tt1:

That deserves at least a Diamond pack!

UltimateAverageGuy 10-21-2019 11:49 PM

Markus, get this man a diamond pack or 5 please.

Kushiel 10-22-2019 10:24 AM

Congrats also to all of you that are making your marriages work. It is worth the effort to grow old with the person that you love and cherish. Your best friend is always there when you need it most. Someone to help you through the hard times and to share all the good times is the greatest joy a person can have.

Thanks for all the well wishes. My wife shed tears when I showed her all the kind words from people I only know in this great community.