OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   iOOTP - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3834)
-   -   iOOTP Football??? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=208612)

acarpenter 05-20-2011 05:59 PM

iOOTP Football???

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I was wondering if there is any talk of a football game being released for the iphone? This would be huge! It doesn't even have to be NFL football. If you could create your own league that would be perfect. I hope this is in the works =). Loving the baseball game BTW! Keep up the great work.

Sebastian Palkowski 05-20-2011 06:55 PM

Sorry, we have no plans for a football sim at the moment. I toyed around with a hockey sim before I joined OOTP but that never got finished. :)

GlennN 05-21-2011 11:59 AM

Palli, get back to work! I would love a new hockey text sim on the iPhone or PC!! Been a barren area since Eastside Hockey Manager left us a few years ago.

omgimasian 05-21-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acarpenter (Post 3132444)
I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I was wondering if there is any talk of a football game being released for the iphone? This would be huge! It doesn't even have to be NFL football. If you could create your own league that would be perfect. I hope this is in the works =). Loving the baseball game BTW! Keep up the great work.

OOTP was purchased by Sports Interactive, which is known for their football sims.

there's football manager handheld and championship manager, and quite a few other less popular management games, but theres are dozens out there for you to try

kq76 05-21-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgimasian (Post 3132951)
OOTP was purchased by Sports Interactive, which is known for their football sims.

there's football manager handheld and championship manager, and quite a few other less popular management games, but theres are dozens out there for you to try

Uhh, unless this happened very recently and was just posted on Facebook or something, I think you're mistaken. AFAIK, it was more like a partnership that ended years ago.

Besides, I'm pretty sure he's talking about American style football, not soccer.

omgimasian 05-21-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kq76 (Post 3132979)
Uhh, unless this happened very recently and was just posted on Facebook or something, I think you're mistaken. AFAIK, it was more like a partnership that ended years ago.

Besides, I'm pretty sure he's talking about American style football, not soccer.

my mistake, heard about it a while back

my bad, american football isn't very popular where i live, thought NFL was the United States' rendition of football

CD1083 05-21-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgimasian (Post 3132987)
my mistake, heard about it a while back

my bad, american football isn't very popular where i live, thought NFL was the United States' rendition of football

Well technically it is.

In America, football is called soccer.

Here, soccer is played by 10 year olds and college frat guys who want to be friends with their European classmates. :D

omgimasian 05-21-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase Davis (Post 3132995)
Well technically it is.

In America, football is called soccer.

Here, soccer is played by 10 year olds and college frat guys who want to be friends with their European classmates. :D

i actually live in irvine, california, it's just that most of the people under the age of twenty here are asians, and the translations from korean japanese and chinese terms for "soccer" are football.

i'll just use google next time :o

Sebastian Palkowski 05-22-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennN (Post 3132832)
Palli, get back to work! I would love a new hockey text sim on the iPhone or PC!! Been a barren area since Eastside Hockey Manager left us a few years ago.

Hehe, a friend of mine took the project over after I had to leave. So maybe someday you will get a new hockey sim on the PC/Mac. :)