OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3639)
-   -   Invalid Player File (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=47523)

Lubby 11-10-2003 07:06 PM

Invalid Player File

Hey! My file was working fine and all of a sudden I went to open the program and it says invalid player file when I start up. Does anyone know why this might happen? We just started the playoffs as well, maybe that has something to do with it....

Thanks in advance guys.

Greg Lubbelinkhof
CWBL Commish
www.cwbl.ca

Karen Lutz 11-10-2003 08:09 PM

did you edit anything?

Lubby 11-10-2003 09:52 PM

I moved one team with one game left in the season. Because in our league we want division winners plus next best two, so one division had the next best 2, so I had to switch them, would that cause a problem? it seemed to work while I had the program open before...

Karen Lutz 11-11-2003 04:27 AM

it's possible, usually 'invalid' files is from a change that was made, where information is not the same as it was before and the game can't use it. I'd suggest trying one of the 3rd party editors to check out your invalid file..... there is a bunch here: http://www.tresclub.com/downloads/downloads.htm

I am just going to guess the move is what did it, I hope one of those editors helps you find the error.

Obveously start with the team you moved and hope to see something that doesnt look right.

Lubby 11-11-2003 07:04 AM

There are so many programs, which one is the easiest to work with having no knowledge of any of them.

Greg

andjbock 11-11-2003 12:04 PM

I believe the computer freaks out when you move teams in between divisons, especially during the season. I know there are threads on this out there, so try searching.

Lubby 11-11-2003 03:48 PM

I got one of the GMs to send me their file, it should be exactly the same but for some reason his worked and mine didn't, anyway I was able to use it and start simming again, so who knows??? Anyway thanks guys.

Greg

Raderick 11-13-2003 12:15 PM

At least I'm not the only one who gets this error :)

Kevin10981 11-14-2003 09:21 PM

i just recently got this error message too, i just wanna know is there anyway for me to find out how it got messed up or is there any way to salvage the league? i dont remember changing anything, but im 2 weeks away from the playoffs and ive tried starting new leagues and they work just fine.

Steve Kuffrey 11-14-2003 10:02 PM

In most cases the league file has become corrupt somehow and unless you have a backup of the league then it is useless.

Silver 11-15-2003 09:40 PM

I have the same problem. Here is what happened:

I bought Ootp 5 very recently and I just found about the real life rosters . I tried to add Roccos rosters and followed the read me's instructions and unzipped the files into the create folder in my ootp folder. Now as soon as I enter the game it says Player File invalid and I can't play anything at all....what did I do wrong. PLEASE PLEASE HELP. Thank you in advance.

Steve Kuffrey 11-15-2003 09:50 PM

Ok, you need to be "well versed" in using "unzipping" software and all of the various options. Chances are you did not unzip them either "where OR how" you thought you did. Have you looked inside of the "create" folder to see if they are where you "think" they are?

Silver 11-15-2003 10:03 PM

Ok..I used Winzip. I told it to extract the files into Ootp/create etc.
Maybe thats the problem?

Silver 11-15-2003 10:12 PM

Ok...this time I unzipped it and its ok...thank you for ur help and sorry if I inconvenied you...newb mistakes ; )

blankaant 11-22-2010 07:55 PM

My advice

I have tried million manual solutions but nothing helped,use a small tool available at long path, filename too long, file name too long, filename length restriction, path too long to resolve it and render it useable