OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   TBCB Fighter Database (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   George Chuvalo (000119) (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=80355)

TB Database 10-18-2004 09:10 AM

George Chuvalo (000119)

Cap 12-12-2004 09:51 AM

Chuvalo was born in Toronto, Ontario Canada September 12, 1937. He had a wing-span of 76 inches and at his peak weighed in at 215 lbs. His chief trainer was Ted McWhirter and his manager was Irv Ungerman. One of his nicknames was The Toronto Tank.

Mad Bomber 07-03-2006 11:24 PM

Chuvalo's Cut Men during his career were Freddie Brown and
Whitey Bimstein.

Greg

Cap 12-29-2013 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been watching old videos of Chuvalo at his best in the mid '60s (DeJohn, Jones, Patterson, etc) and really believe the guy's defence was underrated. He didn't get hit flush anywhere near as often as many of the bonehead Toronto sportswriters would have you believe. He slipped some, blocked a lot and took plenty on his shoulders. He had a good jab too, better than a lot of modern heavies. A few of his losses in those days can be blamed on pure bad luck and weird circumstances (read his autobio). Claims he was a dirty fighter were based on the fact he was a body-puncher who threw in volume, some of which are going to stray with the other guy moving too. It was also the cause of some of his points losses, as even then judges were more impressed by head shots than belts to the guts.

Cap

bob_bask 12-29-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap (Post 3620193)
I've been watching old videos of Chuvalo at his best in the mid '60s (DeJohn, Jones, Patterson, etc) and really believe the guy's defence was underrated. He didn't get hit flush anywhere near as often as many of the bonehead Toronto sportswriters would have you believe. He slipped some, blocked a lot and took plenty on his shoulders. He had a good jab too, better than a lot of modern heavies. A few of his losses in those days can be blamed on pure bad luck and weird circumstances (read his autobio). Claims he was a dirty fighter were based on the fact he was a body-puncher who threw in volume, some of which are going to stray with the other guy moving too. It was also the cause of some of his points losses, as even then judges were more impressed by head shots than belts to the guts.

Cap

Haven't spent much time looking at Chuvalo. Remember you running him against a post-prime Liston and getting the stoppage win.

How you done your own rating for him Cap?

Cap 12-31-2013 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I have for George. I don't recall where this came from or if I've altered it.

Cap

bob_bask 01-01-2014 09:59 AM

He's at Beginning career stage there Cap. A screenshot of Prime career stage be great.

Cap 01-01-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob_bask (Post 3621295)
He's at Beginning career stage there Cap. A screenshot of Prime career stage be great.

Well....I'll be dar......you're right. I'll be right back.

Cap

Cap 01-01-2014 04:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This says default. I'm taking this from the latest version of the game as I'm less likely to have tinkered with it.....but you never know.

That fight on ropes actually should be set to the highest possible because that was where Chuvalo really liked to work.

Cap

bob_bask 01-01-2014 05:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for that Cap. That looks to be your version of Chuvalo. I've copied ratings and attached.