OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3949)
-   -   Sudden dissapearance of game files (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=299788)

DarthVader599 03-11-2019 07:37 PM

Sudden dissapearance of game files

I don't know if this was due to the update or not, but my saved games on the "load game" area don't have any data next to league and date, etc... and when I try to load them my game crashes. This is despite the fact the game files seem to be undisturbed when I checked my FHM5 saved_games folder

JeffR 03-12-2019 12:33 AM

Try deleting the load_index.dat file in the saved_games folder - it sounds like that may have become corrupted, deleting it will force the game to regenerate a new one.

DarthVader599 03-12-2019 08:28 AM

I did and that's not fixed it. It seems to almost get there to loading then crashes

JeffR 03-12-2019 11:31 PM

Can you upload one of the saves? (Instructions here.) That'll narrow down the source of the problem a little more if I can check that to see if they're becoming corrupted somehow.

DarthVader599 03-14-2019 08:50 AM

Okay I uploaded it

The folder is called FlyersSaveGame.zip

JeffR 03-15-2019 07:25 AM

Oh, yeah, that's definitely corrupt, two-thirds of the files have a size of 0. Most likely it was interrupted at some point in the saving process. If you look in the rs_one and/or rs_two subfolders in that save, do the files have normal sizes? If so, you can probably restore the save by copying those files and pasting them over the ones in the main folder.

If your other saves are like this as well, something's going very wrong with the saving process, probably when the game is being closed. Does the game seem to save and close normally when you try to exit it?

DarthVader599 03-17-2019 02:55 PM

yeah it seems to save and exit normally...

DarthVader599 03-17-2019 03:04 PM

another issue

now it seems my names files is corrupted.

I don't know if its just my machine or if others experience this but this current version is incredibly unstable and frustrating

JeffR 03-18-2019 12:34 AM

If the files are corrupting that often, it's almost certainly a system problem of some sort (this forum would be full of similar reports if it was something inherent to the game.) It would be a good idea to check your system memory and hard drive for any problems, those would be the most likely sources of that sort of corrupted files. Another possibility would be an antivirus program interfering with the game's ability to write to disk; that would require whitelisting fhm5.exe with the AV. Less likely would be a Windows User Account Control issue (that would usually prevent the save from being created at all), but it may be worth trying to run the game in administrator mode to see if that makes a difference.