OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Talk Sports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Your Ideal MLB Ballpark (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=284393)

topherlee2 01-19-2018 04:46 PM

Your Ideal MLB Ballpark

Using all current day and past ballparks, describe your dream baseball stadium.

Now I am biased to my hometown ballpark, Kauffman Stadium, in being perfect from left-field to right-field. But here is mine;

Left Field: Fenway Park's Left Field Wall (Green Monster) with either Wrigley's scoreboard or Ebbets Field's vintage scoreboard on it with seats

Center Field: Kauffman Stadium's crown (Mix of old and current, primary for replays due to left field choice) and fountains

Right Field: Globe Life Park at Arlington's retro double deck

Seats: Kauffman's current blue seats and seating from left foul line to right foul line

My stadium would be placed in downtown KC obviously to get a great skyline.

David Watts 01-19-2018 08:33 PM

Tiger Stadium....drops mic.

PotatoPeeler 01-19-2018 08:58 PM

Picture the exact opposite of the gaudy eyesore that is Marlins Park.

Seriously, I really like Miller Park. Coors Field is quite nice as well. I love the layout of both ballparks.

Irrelevant Dude 01-19-2018 10:42 PM

Take Wrigley Field as it is and give it a larger, modern concourse (which unfortunately isn't possible in the footprint of the current ballpark).

And also, get rid of all the extra signs/advertisement that have been added over the past few years. They don't bother me all that much, but if we're talking "ideal" then I would rather not see them at all.

Balustrade 01-19-2018 11:16 PM

As long as we don’t get your signature, TopherLee

msupoke 01-19-2018 11:34 PM

Minute Maid Park, with Tal's Hill.

Airdrop01 01-20-2018 01:11 AM

Yeah, that’s great. Put a ramp in play with a flagpole on the middle.

Let’s just have trap doors with tigers jumping out at this point. Why don’t we add an in ground trampoline between the pitchers mound and home while we are at it. Call it Sky Zone Field at Gladiator Park.

Also, I’ll go with complete facilities for my picks.

I say a tie between Tiger Stadium and Sportsman’s Park.

The Game 01-20-2018 01:34 AM

Dimensions of Old Comiskey retractable dome with Baker Bowl RF wall Fenway LF wall ivy everywhere, polo grounds like CF with the building in CF. green seats and batters eye. Exploding Elgin scoreboard in CF with Cowboys megascreen hanging from the roof. Outside whitewashed like Old Comiskey. parking like New/Old Comiskey with Wrigleyville bars outside the park.

PotatoPeeler 01-20-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balustrade (Post 4269430)

Egad! I just noticed it. That's horrible.

Calvert98 01-20-2018 01:45 PM

There have been some nice parks added as of late. Wish I could get to some of them for a game.

I think Camden Yards is great, but it could be a bit bigger; I’d say about ten more feet overall from that that Left Field corner (so go from 333 to 343, then 364 to 374, then 410 to 420); you would still have room for the bullpens; the right-side would remain, as it has that height of the flag-court.

I actually sketched this out at one point.

Then, I would tear-down that eye-sore of a new hotel that blocks the west side of downtown!

Yes, another vote for Minute Maid Park. Also, I do like Kauffman Stadium: it’s sort of pre-modern retro early 1970’s, but even looks earlier to some extent; seems like a cool place to see a game.

ukhotstove 01-20-2018 02:34 PM

Tiger Stadium but centre field stretched out a bit more like Wrigley Field with Fenway Parks scoreboard with the facade of Ebbetts Field, also try add sponsorship boards like Ebbetts Field however no big corporations just local businesses like Bobs Tyres or Shirley’s Drycleaners :)

ukhotstove 01-20-2018 02:38 PM

ps Put it either were AT&T Park or Camden Yards is oh and the team would wear home uniforms like the Giants.

msupoke 01-20-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airdrop01 (Post 4269435)
Yeah, that’s great. Put a ramp in play with a flagpole on the middle.

Let’s just have trap doors with tigers jumping out at this point. Why don’t we add an in ground trampoline between the pitchers mound and home while we are at it. Call it Sky Zone Field at Gladiator Park.

Now that would be stupid.

topherlee2 01-21-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balustrade (Post 4269430)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PotatoPeeler (Post 4269503)
Egad! I just noticed it. That's horrible.

Well, if you guys don't like my signature. Go to sportslogos.net and tell user "packerfan21396" you don't like them but I asked him to make them for me and I like them. So I'm keeping it whether anyone else likes it or not.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/...n-type-please/