OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   TBCB Mods (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3647)
-   -   ----- Post your Fictional Fighters Here ----- (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=69514)

Montreal 07-13-2004 06:07 AM

----- Post your Fictional Fighters Here -----

So here's a thread where you can post your fictional fighters in. If you want to know how this project started, just go there:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ad.php?t=68783

For the following three or four months, we will see how many people are interested in contributing here. If there's not much interest/contributions, I don't see how we could eventually try to build a large universe with fictional fighters. But the work wouldn't be lost anyway since any fighter here will be available to anyone wanting to use them in any of their own self-made universes.

Please, note that the current thread is not for posting *tomato cans* (fighters winning in average only some 12% to 15% of their fights versus 1-rated fighters). There will be a specific thread for tomato cans in the upcoming weeks. As soon as it will be ready, I will edit this post so I could include a link from here to there.

Here, you can post fighters rated from 1 to 15, in any of the eight original divisions: Heavy, Light-Heavy, Middle, Welter, Light, Feather, Bantam, Fly.

Ideally, we wish that you build your guys from scratch. If you're not already familiar with that process, read the part of the manual dealing with ratings. Then get back to the Fighter Screen, use a little bit of common sense and logic when scoring your fighter's attributes then hit the CALC button; You will automatically get an Overall Rating. Now, save your guy and hit the CALC button again (strangly, it's possible that you get a rating different from the previous one. Anyway, the second rating is the good one). You can also edit your fighter until you get the Overall Rating you want.

If you're really not comfortable with the idea of working from scratch, you can use the data from one fighter's attributes, but then modify those attributes to such an extent that your creation has very little in commun with the *real* fighter you worked with in the first place. Of course, his Overall Rating might change in the process.

However, if there's something you don't understand, simply ask a question. But not in the current thread, though. Use the following one for any question/problem related to creating fighters:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ad.php?t=69512

My next post in a few moments...

Pierre

Montreal 07-13-2004 06:08 AM

Working With A Plan

If you want to work in the spirit of what could eventually become a large universe spreading over the years of a fictional century beginning in some fictional year 1900, we suggest that, out of each series of 20 fighters you create (not counting tomato cans, here), you work with the following model (OR stands for Overall Rating):

OR 1 = 9 fighters
OR 2 = 5 fighters
OR 3 = 3 fighters
OR 4 = 2 fighters
OR 5 = 1 fighter

Now, each time you create 60 fighters (3 series of 20 low rated ones), you're allowed to create one (and only one) talented fighter (OR of 6 and up). Firstly, pick a random number from 1 to 100. Then, see the chart below...

OR 6 = 30% (1 to 30)
OR 7 = 20% (31 to 50)
OR 8 = 15% (51 to 65)
OR 9 = 12% (66 to 77)
OR 10 = 8% (78 to 85)
OR 11 = 5% (86 to 90)
OR 12 = 4% (91 to 94)
OR 13 = 3% (95 to 97)
OR 14 = 2% (98 or 99)
OR 15 = 1% (100)

If the random number is 84, you create a 10-rated guy; if it is 44, you create a 7-rated fighter. Etc. Then, you create 3 other series of 20 fighters. Then, one new talented fighter. And so on.

But I do insist on this: there's no obligation to working with such a model. If it seems to you that doing so would become a hassle, just forget it! Post a few (or several) fictional fighters here and there and we will be happy with your contributions anyway! On the other hand, please remember that we're mostly after fighters rating at the lower levels (1 to 4) on the rating scale.

I will send a few general guidelines in my next post...

Pierre

Montreal 07-13-2004 06:10 AM

General Guidelines

I think that there's just one point that should be absolutely mandatory... Using one of your databases, create a group called --- Fictional --- (High cap for *F*, lower caps for the other letters).

If you already have created fighters into another group, please add * Fictional * to your groups and copy your creations over there. If one creates his fictional fighters from the group called *Men* and export them from there and then upload them on the board, those fictional fighters will land in our own *Men* group amongst *real* fighters when we will download and import them. It will become a mess sooner or later for most of us... If we're all working from *Fictional*, there's no riks of confusion. Moreover, you might want to use two different databases, each with a group called Fictional; In one of them, you create your own fighters, in the other one you import the fighters you downloaded from here. That way, no risk of confusion from your own creations and those of other people here.

Now let's look at each of the points on the Fighter Screen...

1- First Name: Your choice. But pay attention to your fighter's nationality.
2- Last Name : Your choice. Same as above.
3- Nickname: Give one to some of your fighters

4- Group: Make sure that you created Fictional and then select Fictional!
5- Sex: Male
6- Era: Retired

7- Division: Select one from the eight original ones: HW, LHW, MW, WW, LW, FW, BW, FLY

8- Southpaw (Very strange title!): In real life boxing, there's about one lefty for ten righties. Now, it's your choice whether you keep that ratio intact or change it up or down. But don't forget that the default choice is *left-handed*. So if you touch nothing at all there, you will end up with 100% left-handed boxers! Also, remember that a lefty with the same exact ratings as a righty will win several more fights than the righty assuming that they both fight the same opponents. And since the game is very likely based on the 1 for 10 ratio, it's obvious that most righties will completely suck if there are too many lefties in the game (like 2 or 3 or more out of 10 righties). But do what you want to do!

9- Nationality: We simply don't know exactly what the percentage is for each nationality in real life. It's obvious that there are zillions of American boxers. But that doesn't mean that you have to create mostly American boxers. Once again, do the split as you like.

10- Career Stage: Prime
11- Default to use: Prime

12- Career (From... To): Your decision. Whether you let the spaces blank or you enter two years of your choice there (might begin anywhere from 1900+, but no one beginnings after 2000). If you input years, we will probably have to face some problems if we eventually try to create a large universe. But, once again, do EXACTLY what you want to do. If you don't care whether there are years or not, please don't input years there.

13- Trainer: We suggest *Generic Trainer*. But Generic Offense or Generic Defense are OK. As much as possible, don't use any known trainer as those in the database.

14- Cut Man: We very strongly suggest Generic Cut Man rather than *real* guys.

As for the Biography section, there's absolutely no obligation that you input anything there. But a few words for some of your fighters would add a nice touch. As for me, there will be this (at the vey least) for each of my fighters: "Born in (Town, Country), Joe Blow is currently training at The Jungle_Gym in Montreal cyberspace." Will sure add something else also for some fitghters. If you want to have some more ideas, go the the following thread and read Antonin's posts #55 and #41:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...t=68783&page=3

However, any question/problem about creating fighters, please don't use the current thread, but go there:

One last post to come -- a few words on what to do when posting your fictional fighters...

Pierre

Montreal 07-13-2004 06:12 AM

Posting Your Fighters

You could post your creations one at a time, of course. But it would probably be better to send five at a time. If we're going to post (say) 1500 fighters here in the upcoming months, it's probably better posting only 300 times than 1500. The fact that your guys might come from different divisions or have different ratings is not important. We suggest that you do your posts on this model:

-- Division, Rating, Fighter's name (1)
-- Division, Rating, Fighter's name (2)
-- Division, Rating, Fighter's name (3)
-- Division, Rating, Fighter's name (4)
-- Division, Rating, Fighter's name (5)

Of course, you can add anything else you want. But identifying Divisions and Ratings would probably help guys not wanting to download everything as they would be looking only for some specific fighters they would need in some of their own universes.

... And don't forget to send your attachements! :)

That's about it. Any question/problem, please go there, so that the current thread serves exclusively to posting fictional fighters.

Pierre

Montreal 07-13-2004 06:23 AM

5 Old Timers from The Jungle_Gym

5 Attachment(s)
I will send five guys immediatlely. They are amongst Jungle_Gym's first fictional fighters, created somewhere in the late nineties when I was playing with the APBA version of the game. All those guys are located into the group called Fictional.

- BW, OR: 1, Gustave "Fleur de Lys" Bonhomme, Haiti
- FW, OR: 1, Terrence "Mayor" Beloeil, Ivory Coast
- WW, OR: 1, Jean-Jacques "Le Solitaire" Rousseau, France
- MW, OR: 1, Brian Whatton, Canada
- HW, OR: 2, Antoine "Flipper" Boudrio, Canada

Pierre

Crusadecat: Don't bother posting your fighters in the other thread, come directly here with them...

Dave1877 07-13-2004 09:02 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's a few I made a bit earlier, I hope i can help a bit more in the future.

Fighters:

Ramon 'Relentless' Bard - HW - Spain
Curtis Langham - WW - USA
Stan 'Supreme' Ferrell - LHW - USA
Russell Bergstrom - FW - Sweden

Montreal 07-13-2004 02:08 PM

Five Spanish FLY just signed with the Jungle_Gym

5 Attachment(s)
We've got the fax twenty minutes ago: Our scout in Spain, Baltazar Cruz, signed this morning five local FLY boxers he was after for a few months. The meeting was held in Madrid with them all. The five Spanish fighters will be in Montreal Sunday night and will begin training at our facilities next Wednesday. Will have to move my butt to find them an apartment house. Hope they will have enough with two bedrooms...

Anyway, no reason to wait longer, here they are if you want to look at them...

R2 - Javier Villanueva
R1 - Jarabe Amenabar
R1 - Pedro Garzon
R1 - Juan Solano
R1 - Mariano Ybarra

Pierre

Antonin 07-14-2004 01:21 AM

5 current era HWs from Big Tony's North Coast Gym

5 Attachment(s)
HW, OR 1, Horacio "Boom-Boom" Balandra, Philippines
HW, OR 4, Delbert "Frankenstein" Craw, USA
HW, OR 1, Lester Raspberry, USA
HW, OR 1, Deutron "The Bomb" Shelby, USA
HW, OR 1, Jerry "Ghostman" Golson, USA

JHS 07-14-2004 10:29 AM

5 Attachment(s)
5 Here:

Philomen "Tiny" Bawa (South Africa, Flyweight, R1)
Kevin "The Light" Brightley (US, Featherweight, R1)
Brian Evans (Wales, Featherweight, R1)
Stefan Franke (Germany, Light-Heavyweight, R2)
Dustin Stack (England, Junior Middleweight, R1)

(check you have England and Wales in your nationalities)

JHS 07-14-2004 12:06 PM

5 Attachment(s)
And here's 5 more, all Light-Heavies:

Tony "The Bounty Hunter" Boone (Australia, Light-Heavyweight, R1)
Piotr Cirek (Poland, Light-Heavyweight, R1)
Fred "Hangman" Hangen (Germany, Light-Heavyweight, R2)
Said Khalil (France, Light-Heavyweight, R2)
Lassibe Salou (Ivory Coast, Light-Heavyweight, R1)

Mainly designed for Stef Franke to bash or be bashed by. From brief simming, he's doing alright against most of them.

Montreal 07-14-2004 04:55 PM

Our East Coast Man at work

5 Attachment(s)
Abner Tripleweek, our man from the US East Coast, scouted the following guys a few weeks ago and recommended that we sign them ASAP. Done!

WW (1) Daniel Donald, USA
MW (1) Wilbert "Windy" Fragson, USA
MW (2) Charley Ramsey, Wales, UK
LHW (1) Fred "The Door" Walman, USA
HW (1) Brett "Slingshot" Ranford, USA

Pierre

Montreal 07-15-2004 01:33 PM

Our server went down for six hours

5 Attachment(s)
In our last weekly newsletter to our scouts throughout the planet, we wrote that we were specifically targeting the LW division in our current recruiting efforts. I don't know exactly how many reports we received but the fact is that our server went down for almost six hours due to some heavy traffic in the Montreal cyberspace.

Anyway, here are five of the ten LWs we signed this morning...

LW (3) Ramon Yaben, Argentina
LW (2) Carlos Cavazos, Mexico
LW (1) Percy Eaton, Australia (He says he's Gunsmoke's cousin...)
LW (1) Rusco Meller, USA (Strange story! See his Bio)
LW (1) Barys Sukhoi, Belarus

More to come later.

Pierre

Montreal 07-15-2004 07:55 PM

... Other signees of the day for the Jungle_Gym...

5 Attachment(s)
LW (2) Philip Reina, Bolivia
LW (1) Luis "El Exterminator" Daban, Cuba (Despite his 1, this guy has an outside chance of contending...)
LW (1) Roger "Rabbit" Jennings, USA
LW (1) Denton "Not That" Smart, USA (Played in a movie when he was a teen. See his Bio)
LW (1) Dacian "Kaden" de Medeiros, Brazil

Pierre

Brooks TVB 07-15-2004 11:36 PM

Ultimate Boxing Gym fighters

5 Attachment(s)
I have 5 fully tested fighters from UBG. They are a few of my first fighters, i take a little more time testing them now so they are created fast but tested slow. Keddy Burke may not be all the 5 rating makes you think he is.

Keddy Burke ww 5 Scotland
Thomas Griffith hw 1 USA
Jacques Mariette mw 1 France
Timo Mendoza lw 2 Spain
Jose Luiz Ramirez bw 5 Mexico

According to a post in another thread some of these guys are actually rated better than what i have, i will correct this in the future. Of course in the testing phase they did not live up to the new rating they have.

Gunsmoke 07-16-2004 04:41 AM

Good start guys, keep up the good work. I'm hoping to get my "creative juices" flowing over the weekend.

JHS 07-16-2004 12:51 PM

5 Attachment(s)
For all 6 Tiny Bawa enthusiasts, here's 5 flyweights for him to play with:

Roberto Franghelli (Switzerland, FLY, R3)
J.P. Gilroy (Ireland, FLY, R2)
Yuris Ivanovs (Latvia, FLY, R5)
Martin Lima (The Phillipines, FLY, R1)
Mighty Mensah (Ghana, FLY, R1)

Montreal 07-16-2004 05:08 PM

Lazy scouts

5 Attachment(s)
Our scouts in South America worked really hard in the last couple of weeks and they came up with a list of some 280 fighters they saw in action in Brazil, Paraguay, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, etcetera and etcetera. But there's a problem with most of our scouts -- and not just those in South America: While we pay them millions of pesos and/or maravedi, they don't even bother signing the fighters by themselves; We (almost) always have to make the final deal from Montreal and, of course, it takes longer to see the guys showing up here on the message board. So, I apologize. I will try to fix that stupid problem one day or another -- If I ever happen to survive myself the signing process in the first place. Meanwhile, here are the Deals of the Day...

BW (2) Gabriel Aranguren, Venezuela
BW (2) Claudio Neto, Brazil
BW (1) Edouardo Coelho, Brazil
BW (1) Carlos Tomasio, Peru
BW (1) Jorge Duto, Argentina

Antonin 07-16-2004 09:29 PM

New signings from Big Tony's North Coast Gym (current era)

4 Attachment(s)
Through our contacts in the Philippines we have discovered and signed a number of fighters eager to follow in the footsteps of the great FW Manny Pacquiao.

FLY (1) Pablo Ancheta - Philippines
LW (2) Alfonso Bagtas - Philippines
LW (1) Jun Cabatu - Philippines
BW (1) Fausto Corpuz - Philippines

Brooks TVB 07-16-2004 09:33 PM

5 more from my universe

5 Attachment(s)
I went back through these and readjusted them to fit what Montreal had showed me. They tested and ready.

MW Chad Turner 3 USA
HW Detlev Peterson 1 Germany
BW Walter Middleton 5 USA
HW Viktor Kiriliin 3 Czech Republic
MW Dexter Grisham 4 Belguim

Watch out for Middleton, his tests surprised me a little. I did double check his ratings like 10 times to make sure it was not wrong.

Sorry for the higher ratings, these are some i have had a while and enjoy using. I will stick to the chart above from here on out.

Antonin 07-16-2004 09:35 PM

Five more young warriors from the Philippines (current era)

5 Attachment(s)
FW (1) Raul "Boy" Mangapit - Philippines
BW (1) Joel Olivares - Philippines
FW (2) Fernando "King Bicol" Roxas - Philippines
WW (1) Benigno Yasay - Philippines
BW (2) Santiago Joson - Philippines

All of these young men come from good families and are eager to find a place in your TBCB universe.