OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3628)
-   -   Incoming N00b (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=145705)

CatKnight 04-12-2007 12:26 PM

Incoming N00b

Hey folks

I downloaded the demo a few days ago (and will be purchasing it in the next few days) and wanted to say hi.

OOTP's....well, complex and I'm keeping the training wheels on for awhile (no minor leagues for example), but I love its customability and opportunities for RP as you follow your general manager's career. I'm pretty well hooked :)

sporr 04-12-2007 12:33 PM

Welcome to the game! Curious, where did you find out about it? What brought you here?

CatKnight 04-12-2007 12:48 PM

:) Through one of OOTP's rivals, Baseball Mogul. I joined their forums maybe a month ago and there's a thread comparing/contrasting the two games.

My next stop was actually these forums first. I like reading action reports - dynasties - from different games and was really impressed with the community you've developed here, so I downloaded the demo.

It was a bit intimidating at first. The level of information OOTP offers is... ...intense... but before I realized it I'd taken my eight team league to the August 1 end date, then went into commissioner mode and started testing just how far I could tweak the league settings.

I like the customization it offers as it lets me get a lot more creative than most games built around the real major leagues. I'd say that and the aforementioned community were the biggest selling points to me.

bp_ 04-12-2007 01:24 PM

I also came to OOTP a few years ago after finding Mogul first. I think you'll really like the increased options you have with OOTP once you get up to speed with the interface and manage to grasp the overall depth of the game.

I suggest trying out some quick starts that are posted on some of the game mod websites to get started out.

disposableheros 04-12-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatKnight (Post 2154022)
:) Through one of OOTP's rivals, Baseball Mogul. I joined their forums maybe a month ago and there's a thread comparing/contrasting the two games.

My next stop was actually these forums first. I like reading action reports - dynasties - from different games and was really impressed with the community you've developed here, so I downloaded the demo.

It was a bit intimidating at first. The level of information OOTP offers is... ...intense... but before I realized it I'd taken my eight team league to the August 1 end date, then went into commissioner mode and started testing just how far I could tweak the league settings.

I like the customization it offers as it lets me get a lot more creative than most games built around the real major leagues. I'd say that and the aforementioned community were the biggest selling points to me.

welcome to where the cool kids hang ;)

sporr 04-12-2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatKnight (Post 2154022)

Thanks for checking OOTP out. We're happy to have you here!

scprideandms 04-12-2007 10:19 PM

yet another one assimilated!!!!