OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 3 - Dynasty Reports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3902)
-   -   Arizona Coyotes Dynasty (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=280505)

TBiz 08-02-2017 12:57 PM

Arizona Coyotes Dynasty

1 Attachment(s)
After a long time away and noticing not much really is going on in the Dynasty Section, I've decided to return with a Dynasty I have wanted to do for awhile. I personally love taking struggling teams and creating them into a huge success. So my challenge will be Arizona. I hope you enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachment 516711
Arizona Coyotes
The Arizona Organization has been around since the 1970/1980 Season (Known along the way as the Winnipeg Jets, Phoenix Coyotes) before becoming the Arizona Coyotes in the 2014/2015 season. In their 2,944 games in the NHL Regular season, they have a record of 1,195 Wins, 1,354 Loses, 391 OT/Loses. 36 Seasons in the NHL, between the 3 names, they've made the playoffs 19 times, but have never actually winning the cup.

They've now been the Arizona Coyotes for a total of 3 seasons (2014/2015-2015/2016-2016/2017) The teams last appearance in the playoffs was 2011/2012 as the Phoenix Coyotes. Arizona has their second worst performance in history (Worst being their second season in the NHL as the Winnipeg Jets in the 1980/1981 campaign)

The Coyotes finished the 2016-2017 campaign last in the entire NHL with a 19-59-4 record for 42 points under Bruce Hamilton's guidance. The team seen Alex Goligoski lead the team in Assists (30) and points (42). Long time captain and player Shane Doan lead the team in goals (13) and was one of two players who played in all 82 games this season (Ryan White #2).

After waiting until June.30.2017, Owner Andrew Barroway has decided to terminate Bruce Hamilton, and bring in 30 YR old rookie, Terence Baker into the GM position to shake this failing team.

The teams history now looks to Baker to not only rebuild this team this year, but to hopefully one day in the near future a contender in the next few years, maybe even a first time Champion.

TBiz 08-02-2017 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 516712
Arizona Coyotes
June.30.2017

Staff Changes:
Head Coach: Keith Primeau has been called on to take the helm of the coaching the Arizona Coyotes. After spending his last 6 seasons in the NHL as a Philadelphia Flyer, the Power Forward was well known around the NHL. GM Baker's hoping someone like Primeau being in the staff position will give the spark needed to an extremely young roster.

Goalie Coach: The team had an opening for the Goalie Coaching slot, so GM Baker wasted little time in signing Dwayne Roloson to the position for the next 3 Years. Roloson played in 16 seasons with the NHL (606 Games), so brings a lot of experience to the table.

Steve Sullivan remains the Offensive Coach, John Slaney remains the Defensive Coach, Jim Playfair remains the Skills Coach and finally Yevhen Sherenet will remain the Trainer.

Notable Player Changes - Before July.1.2017 Free Agency
Shane Doan - The long time Captain awaited June.30th before deciding if he would retire or continue playing. I assume after hearing about the GM changes, players let go, and the future of the team, Shane Doan has decided to play at least one more season. GM Baker has signed the long time leader to a 1YR, 1.95M contract which allows Doan to continue his career here in Arizona for maybe his last season. The 40YR finished last season with 13 Goals, 20 Assists for 33 Points last season in all 82 Games appeared.

Taylor Beck - The 26YR old was claimed off waivers during the 2016-2017 season. He appeared in the remaining 11 games of the Arizona season collecting 2 goals, 1 assist for 3 points. He averaged 8:55 a game while he played. GM Baker decided to keep Beck with the team, after re-signing the Winger to a 2YR, 720K per season Contract.

Notable Player Changes - Not Resigned/Buyout
Ryan White - 29YR old White did not make the cut to remain in an Arizona Coyotes jersey (Last season the team acquired Ryan Reaves). Despite being a workhorse (played all 82 games) he did not come up with the numbers to impress the new GM. White had 5 Goals, 7 Assists for 12 Points. The tough guy also recorded 95 Penalty Minutes in his 82 games with the team.

Radim Vrbata - At the age of 36YRS of age, Vrbata struggled with being healthy last season, only appearing in 45 games this season. GM Baker bought out the last year of the Wingers contract, as over the last 3 seasons of his career, it's been an ongoing problem. The Winger did collect 12 Goals, 7 Assists for 19 points when he was healthy.

TBiz 08-02-2017 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arizona Coyotes Current Roster - Heading into July.1.2017
Attachment 516713

TBiz 08-02-2017 02:01 PM

Arizona Coyotes
July.1.2017

Notable Player Changes -
Ben Bishop - At the prime age of 30, Ben Bishop jumped at the chance of coming to the Arizona Coyotes right off the bat. GM Baker gave Bishop the exact contract wanted, as they'd need a solid goaltender to compete for the #1 spot. Bishops been well known for his career being with Tampa Bay. Last season Bishop posted a 15-19-2 Record, recording 4 Shutouts and having a 2.79 Goals Against Average. The move is in hopes Bishop will bring solid goaltending to the team for the next 5 Years and also be a mentor for possible contender Louis Domingue (25). Bishops contract is reported a 5YR deal worth 5.5M per season.

Tyler Johnson - GM Baker made another huge move on opening day, signing 26YR old Center, Tyler Johnson. The signing is in hopes to assist in the team's lack of goal scoring and points. Johnsons NHL career has been all Tampa Bay for the last 5 seasons. The Price tag seemed to be too big for the Lightning, explaining why GM Baker wasted no time jumping at this chance. Johnson played in all 82 games last season, recording 25 Goals, 34 Assists for 59 Points. He has 5 Game winning goals and averaged 18:40 a game in playing time. GM locked him up for the next 5 years for an average cap hit of 5.76M per season.

TBiz 08-02-2017 02:19 PM

Arizona Coyotes
July.2.2017

Notable Player Changes -
Tomas Tatar - GM Baker continues the hope of getting some goals for the team, as he managed to sign Tomas Tatar to the lineup of new faces. Reports are Tatar has agreed to a 3 Year contract, worth 4.6M per season.
Tatar spent the last 6 seasons with the Detroit Redwings and brings the goal scoring Arizona has lacked the last few seasons.
In 82 games last season, Tatar has 32 Goals, 33 Assists, for 65 Points. He tailed up 6 Game winners and averaged a huge work load of 21:45 per game of ice time.

GM Baker isn't expected to make many moves throughout the off-season now, but has made sure the front end of this team and goaltending are up to par for the coming season. The team's current weakness would be on the defensive end now, which we could see some moves for through trades.

Notable Trades -
Arizona parted ways with 32YR old Winger Brad Richardson who will suit up for Dallas this season. In exchange the team acquired a 4th Rd pick in the 2018 entry draft.
The move helped the team also be able to off Tomas Tatar the contract he was asking for, which is a big addition for the team.

TBiz 08-02-2017 02:34 PM

Arizona Coyotes
July.4.2017

Notable Trade -
Arizona send 24YR old Connor Murphy, 25YR old Garret Ross and a 4th pick in the 2018 draft to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for RD, 25, Nikita Zaitsev and LD, 20, Travis Dermott.

The exchange made between the two were considered "reasonable". Many Arizona fans question this move, as Connor Murphy is expected to be an elite defenseman in the coming years, but the move was more for salary cap reason.

Despite the loss, Arizona got a stable Zaitsev in the back end, and Dermott has a lot of time to improve into a decent pick up for the team.

TBiz 08-02-2017 02:42 PM

Arizona Coyotes
July.9.2017

Notable Player Changes -
After making room in their cap, GM Baker has signed 2017, 1st Rd, 3rd selection center, Gabe Vilardi to a 3YR entry contract.
The 17YR old rookie played in the OHL for the Windsor Spitfires. In his 2 season career in the OHL he recorded in 113 games - 51 Goals, 62 Assists for 113 Points.

TBiz 08-02-2017 02:51 PM

Arizona Coyotes
July.10.2017

Notable Player Changes -
Jeff Petry - the 29YR old is coming off his best season performance in 6 seasons in the NHL. The former Montreal Canadiens D-Man last season recorded his first Full 82 game season adding 7 Goals, 28 Assists for 35 Points. The performance seen him tie his most goals in a season, shattered his assist totals (previous high was his 2011-2012 season with 23) and his points also was shattered from his same year for assists.

Poetry is a Veteran that brings a lot to a team, especially a team like Arizona, whom were in need of a strong defensive presence in the backend.
(Contracts 3YRS, worth 1.47M per season.)

Note:
Oliver Ekman Larsson has returned from his long time injury that shelved him from last season.
He is expected to be 100% for the training camp.

Tobias Reider continues to be injured and isn't expect back for another 3-4 Months with a Grade IIIb Concussion

TBiz 08-02-2017 05:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 516735
Attachment 516736
Attachment 516737
Attachment 516738

TBiz 08-03-2017 09:20 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 516826
10 Games into the 2017/2018 Regular Season:
Attachment 516827

Arizona Coyotes - Goalie Season Stats
Attachment 516829

Top 5 - Arizona Coyotes - Player Season Stats:
Attachment 516828

Notable Players
Shane Doan - The 41YR old Veteran has proven he was worth the 1.95M for the season so far, racking in 4 Goals, 4 Assists for 8 Points in 10 Games. He is a +2 with 14 Penalty Minutes and averages 19:50 in Ice Time.

Gabe Vilardi - Our 1st Round, 3rd Pick in the 2017 Draft looks to be having a rough first NHL Season so far. The 18YR old has appeared in 9 games this season and has yet to record a point. He has 2 Penalty Minutes, is a -4 and averages 6:46 in Ice Time.

cooperthegiantscat 08-11-2017 04:08 AM

Looks like things are going well so far. I like that you signed Doan for 1 year contract to hopefully let him retire with the team. He will do more than just be a producer, he has tangible qualities and will give a few of the younger guys 1 more year to mature. I know it doesn't seem like much but that is huge in hockey.

TBiz 08-11-2017 11:52 PM

I've been slacking, been a busy time right now, but so everyone knows, I am still pushing on when I can haha updates soon I am hoping

TBiz 08-12-2017 07:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 518052
Arizona Coyotes
Current Record: 15-13-1 (31 Points)
Division Standings: 4th
Conference Standings: 9th (2 Points Out)

Player & Goalie Stats
Attachment 518051

Player Spotlight
Shane Doan - Continue to impress at the age of 41, Doan continues to be a positive leader to look up to. Despite being told by many his career was done, he has proven he's still got it in the tank, recording 11 goals, 10 assists in all 29 games this season so far.

Gabe Vilardi - The young, 1st Round, 3rd Overall pick has continue to struggle in his NHL career. Currently getting all the opportunity at playing at the NHL level, Gabe currently only has 1 Assist, 10 PIM, and a -11 in 23 games with the Coyotes. Talks have been to send him down to the AHL, but we've yet to see it happen yet.

TBiz 09-09-2017 10:17 PM

Hey sorry to whomever has been reading this dynasty. My computer went on a ****ter and had to get a new graphics card and after I got it back, my computer was acting ****ting, so took it back and lost everything on my computer because they had to wipe my computer and reformat everything </3

So lost what this Dynasty was going through.

Going to get a Las Vegas one going here hopefully soon and play around with that during the weekends.

So sorry again and thanks