OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Bug Reports Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3908)
-   -   AI trading players and then releasing days later (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=266820)

JcBoscan 05-17-2016 06:35 PM

AI trading players and then releasing days later

I had several AI trades before the 2016 season, including Giancarlo Stanton for Chris Davis (several other players involved, too.) A few days after the trade, everyone was released. It happened for a few other trades, too.

RchW 05-17-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JcBoscan (Post 4037179)
I had several AI trades before the 2016 season, including Giancarlo Stanton for Chris Davis (several other players involved, too.) A few days after the trade, everyone was released. It happened for a few other trades, too.

What type of league? I thought the current day roster set was based on opening day. Is this an ongoing league from v16? Can you show screenshots?

JcBoscan 05-17-2016 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No. OOTP17. It was just a regular out-of-the-box 2016 startup with the latest patch. Had all of the leagues involved (Japanese, Korean, Independent, etc.) so it starts in mid-March.

JcBoscan 05-17-2016 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did it for some other trades, too. Here's the transactions for a few days.

RchW 05-17-2016 07:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks. This is what my out of the box 2016 startup done less than 15 minutes ago shows.

The big question is, why are they different?:confused:

JcBoscan 05-17-2016 07:09 PM

Never mind. I figured it out - had a setting messed up with team control. My fault - feel free to delete thread. :o

Pretty sure I was in control of everybody (not trades but active roster moves) and when they were traded I didn't assign them in the organization so they were released.

JcBoscan 05-17-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RchW (Post 4037199)
Thanks. This is what my out of the box 2016 startup done less than 15 minutes ago shows.

The big question is, why are they different?:confused:

If you start with all the leagues involved, like the Japenese and Korean leagues, it starts in mid-March. If it's just MLB it's April 1.

RchW 05-17-2016 07:12 PM

I'm confused.:confused:

What does team control have to do with different start dates in the MLB Quickstart?

Please explain more. This thread should not be deleted.

JcBoscan 05-17-2016 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RchW (Post 4037203)
I'm confused.:confused:

What does team control have to do with different start dates in the MLB Quickstart?

Please explain more. This thread should not be deleted.

When you're setting up a league, it has all the boxes that you can check so you can include the different leagues like Japanese, Korean, etc. If you check all of them the game starts in mid-March instead of April 1 because a few of the non-MLB leagues start earlier.

RchW 05-17-2016 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JcBoscan (Post 4037204)
When you're setting up a league, it has all the boxes that you can check so you can include the different leagues like Japanese, Korean, etc. If you check all of them the game starts in mid-March instead of April 1 because a few of the non-MLB leagues start earlier.

OK. That has nothing to do with team control AFAIK. It's a different QS called "majors".

I'll run this QS until opening week but not until tomorrow. Sorry.

discodude5 07-09-2016 02:13 PM

I just created a fictional league and have noticed this happen.

I have some options turned off like waivers but do have the 40 man and 1 level of minors and financials on.
In these trades they have been 1 for 1 so the new player just slots in to the 40 man to replace the other player.

When I noticed this I went into commissioner mode and edited the players to be on the teams they got traded to and they stayed.