OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 14 - Online Leagues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3864)
-   -   BaseballRetrospective (BBR)- Random debut historical! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=238976)

Recte44 12-11-2013 10:33 AM

BaseballRetrospective (BBR)- Random debut historical!

Full League Name (Initials): BaseballRetrospective (BBR)
Main URL: BBR Forums
Reports URL: League Reports
Boards URL: MBWBA Forums
Commissioner(s) OOTP Forum Username(s): Recte44
Email Address: mrectenwald@gmail.com
OOTP Version: OOTP14
Game Needed: Required
Players: Historical, random debut, development ON
# of Teams: 24
Export Deadlines Days And Times: T/Th/Su, 8pm Central
League Time Per Sim: 15-16 gamedays
First Season: 2013
Latest Season: 2017
Special Rules & Settings: Constitution
Currently Available Teams: Toronto Blue Jays, Chicago Cubs

Recte44 12-11-2013 09:35 PM

Dodgers and Expos are taken.

Reds and White Sox still available.

First offseason sim is tomorrow evening. Great time to join us.

MarkInCincy 12-12-2013 05:18 AM

I would love to have the Reds, been playing in online leagues since OOTP3

mad0die 12-12-2013 09:43 AM

Fun league with a great premise, check it out!

truthserum 12-12-2013 03:29 PM

PM sent. Been wanting to do a random debut for years.

Recte44 12-12-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkInCincy (Post 3613604)
I would love to have the Reds, been playing in online leagues since OOTP3

Mark- register for our forums and lets get it started!

DWK 12-13-2013 05:18 PM

Are there any teams still available? I'd be interested if there was

truthserum 12-14-2013 04:58 PM

Hey Matt...

Not sure what boards you are wanting me to register to. The Main URL for the BBR forums, in the original post, is saying page not found.....but I'm in for sure!

MarkInCincy 12-15-2013 03:43 AM

Just registered on forums, So hope Reds still available, been crazy here, my landlord dropped a bomb on Thu that he was sellin the house, on the day we had the funeral for my wifes fav aunt. Looked at 14 houses on Fri and Sat to buy, got confirmation that our first choice accepted our offer ...HELL YEAH, so its all good

Recte44 12-17-2013 09:39 AM

Just the Reds available now.

Recte44 01-03-2014 10:18 AM

The Reds and Cardinals are still available. Opening Day of our third season is scheduled for this week.

Recte44 01-24-2014 09:46 AM

Still seeking GM's for the Reds and the Cardinals.

Reds are in first place, looking like potential World Series contenders this year. Cardinals are a classic rebuild job.

Let's fill these open slots- this is a great league with a lot of veteran GM's and all-around good guys.

Groovercat 01-24-2014 03:27 PM

Hi - I would be interested in the Reds. I have had OOTP for a long time, but only played in one online league for about 3 years (UKBL - Cleveland Barons, 2 championships in 6 seasons, i think), until that league imploded. Would love to get started with a competitive, online league, again, and this looks like a really fun concept. Interested in the Reds. Cheers, eric.

Recte44 04-05-2014 10:32 AM

As we complete our fourth season, the St. Louis Cardinals find themselves looking for a new head honcho.

PM me if interested.

Recte44 05-07-2014 07:37 PM

Three teams available as we're in the early stages of the 2017 season:

http://baseballretrospective.com/BBR...ego_padres.png
The San Diego Padres are off to a nice start to the season. At 24-16 the Padres are atop the NL Western Division. They are led by starting pitcher Jair Jurrjens and offensively by three time All-Star outfielder Elmer Flick. The Padres are certainly a team on the upswing.

http://baseballretrospective.com/BBR...sco_giants.png
Tied with the Padres atop the NL Western Division are the San Francisco Giants. Outfielder Jimmy Sheckard is one of the league's top players, and catcher Buster Posey is quickly joining him in that category. The Giants boast a solid pitching staff that has struggled out of the gate following a long term injury to workhorse starter Buttons Briggs. Their vaunted bullpen has struggled as well, highlighted by the early season disastrous results of closer Billy Wagner. Still, this is a World Series caliber club.

http://baseballretrospective.com/BBR..._blue_jays.png
Finally, the Toronto Blue Jays are available in the competitive American League Eastern Division. Slugger Paul Konerko is off to a powerful start with 11 dingers, but the offense really misses the presence of shortstop (yes, shortstop) Mickey Mantle, who should return to action in a couple weeks. Their solid pitching staff, ranked 3rd in the AL in ERA, is headed by 21 year old left-hander Al Jackson.

Interested in joining us? Go to the top post of this thread and register for our forums, also PM me here so that I can activate your account. All we ask is that you post on the forums a little each year, and export regularly.

***We'll switch over to OOTP15 following this season, but for now we're on OOTP14. You'll need both versions to be a part of this league.***

clashcity 05-08-2014 10:41 PM

This is a really well run league with a great premise. Well worth grabbing a team....

c-mitch 05-08-2014 11:01 PM

Seriously...the premise of having random draft pools of historical players comprised from all eras of baseball, then having them play together is awesome, and unique. If you love historical baseball with a twist, this is your league.

I have Derek Jeter playing with Topsy Hartsel, Al Rosen, and Bob Boone. We also include Japanese players, and Negro League players....Oscar Charleston is one of the best in the league. Willie Stargell is currently the league's #1 prospect.

JOIN!

Recte44 05-14-2014 02:17 PM

Along with the Padres, Giants and Blue Jays (which are still open), the Brooklyn Dodgers have now become available too.

Random Debut historical is so cool. Please, come join us!

Recte44 05-15-2014 05:52 PM

Dodgers are filled. Still three teams left!

Recte44 05-16-2014 02:08 PM

Padres filled. Now, just the Giants and Blue Jays (both quite good teams with very interesting players, I might add) are remaining vacant.

Come and get 'em.