OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   Perfect Team Online League Needs Managers! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=305253)

SpacePope 07-16-2019 03:22 PM

Perfect Team Online League Needs Managers!

Want to play with Perfect Team cards on an even playing field? FTP players - want to use players you couldn't normally afford? Whales - want to field players you'd typically avoid because they aren't in the meta starting lineups or rotations? Join our PT online league!

We have 10 managers and we're looking for about 10 more before we kick off our first season. The time commitment will not be insignificant, but it will be flexible. You don't have to show up at any particular time for our drafts (they'll be 5 rounds of silent auctions) or games.

Thanks to jerrywestside for putting this together and drafting our rules:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...s1WyGdTxU/edit

If you're interested, reply here.

Mammoth_Mayhem 07-16-2019 09:08 PM

This sounds like a great time, count me in!

Pirates 07-16-2019 09:53 PM

I don't understand.
How can I draft players that I do not own?

Thank you.

SpacePope 07-16-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mammoth_Mayhem (Post 4515865)
This sounds like a great time, count me in!

Great! If we get the numbers we're looking for, we'll follow up with more info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirates (Post 4515879)
I don't understand.
How can I draft players that I do not own?

Thank you.

We'll be playing in a custom game in regular mode, using a universe of players pulled from the PT library.

allenciox 07-16-2019 11:46 PM

I am in.

mcdog512 07-17-2019 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpacePope (Post 4515894)
Great! If we get the numbers we're looking for, we'll follow up with more info.

We'll be playing in a custom game in regular mode, using a universe of players pulled from the PT library.

So someone is going to re-create cards with the PT ratings on them in the normal game?

HipandKneeDoc 07-17-2019 08:16 AM

I would be interested in this....please sign me up.

daveh2018 07-17-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdog512 (Post 4515983)
So someone is going to re-create cards with the PT ratings on them in the normal game?

Yes, we are recreating the entire PT player pool for use in the regular game mode.

mcdog512 07-17-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveh2018 (Post 4515994)
Yes, we are recreating the entire PT player pool for use in the regular game mode.

Sounds interesting.

I've never played an online league but have played lots of long term historical games.

So how does it work, we do an initial draft and then sign the players to contracts, do trades and release players.

What era would the free agency rules and budget be based on?

SpacePope 07-17-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdog512 (Post 4516001)
So how does it work, we do an initial draft and then sign the players to contracts, do trades and release players.

Exactly

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdog512 (Post 4516001)
What era would the free agency rules and budget be based on?

Everyone starts with $1000 to bid with. Before bidding, you can set aside up to $50 to break ties. After 5 rounds of silent auctions, you'll have your team and their first years salary.

You can then elect to sign players to contracts as long as 5 years. For each year after the first, however, you have to pay them 5% more than they made for the last year on their contract.

If you have money left over, you can use it on free agency.

mcdog512 07-17-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpacePope (Post 4516082)
Exactly

Everyone starts with $1000 to bid with. Before bidding, you can set aside up to $50 to break ties. After 5 rounds of silent auctions, you'll have your team and their first years salary.

You can then elect to sign players to contracts as long as 5 years. For each year after the first, however, you have to pay them 5% more than they made for the last year on their contract.

If you have money left over, you can use it on free agency.

Sounds very cool - is the comish tracking all these finances? It does sound cool but really hard to track.

nickwatic 07-19-2019 11:37 PM

I just started my first online league and this intrigues me. Someone is really going to recreate all the PT cards? And how will you know the hidden values we cannot see i.e. BABIP among one

SpacePope 07-20-2019 01:32 AM

Unfortunately importing the PT cards did turn out to be a problem. It's an issue with converting PT ratings to the regular game for pitchers.

Sorry to everyone that was interested. jairywestside may run a league with random historical players showing up each year. I'm not sure if I'll do it, but I'll pass on your names in case that goes forward and you're interested. It's a good group.

HRBaker 07-20-2019 03:27 PM

Not sure why PT cards have to be "converted"...

For example, a 97 Hal Newhouser card is based on 1944. Why not import his 1944 historical card and turn off career development. Wouldn't that give you what your looking for?

SpacePope 07-20-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRBaker (Post 4517349)
Not sure why PT cards have to be "converted"...

For example, a 97 Hal Newhouser card is based on 1944. Why not import his 1944 historical card and turn off career development. Wouldn't that give you what your looking for?

It's above my pay grade, but apparently not. There is some conversion that needs to be done because PT cards are "off from the actual imports."

HRBaker 07-20-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpacePope (Post 4517366)
It's above my pay grade, but apparently not. There is some conversion that needs to be done because PT cards are "off from the actual imports."

Might be worth the question... It wouldn't surprise me if there was a slight difference between classic 1944 Newhauser and PT 97 Newhauser, but the net experience from playing out a classic league would be the same.

SpacePope 07-20-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRBaker (Post 4517368)
Might be worth the question... It wouldn't surprise me if there was a slight difference between classic 1944 Newhauser and PT 97 Newhauser, but the net experience from playing out a classic league would be the same.

Oh I see what you mean. I'd prefer that as I know the PT cards better than I know actual baseball history, and, like you said, they should be close. :) but I'll go along with what others are doing since they're putting in the work and right now it sounds like they want to do random historical. I'll mention it though.

nickwatic 07-21-2019 11:56 AM

Random historical debut is fine with me. I've actually wanted to do one as an online league as the one I'm in right now is just modern

nickwatic 07-21-2019 11:57 AM

Also are you guys in the discord? Would be easy to get quicker responses about the league there ��

MicahHarri 08-25-2019 03:01 PM

Would love to join if you still have room!