OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   ghost players- minor league settings (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=301656)

airmaq79 04-05-2019 01:27 AM

ghost players- minor league settings

I am stuck in the game because a a minor league team (belonging to a MLB team that I have no control over) does not have enough players to fill their team. in last year's version, you could go into commissioner mode, and click an option to fill team with fictional players . this year's game, you get a message suggesting to turn on ghost players in the minor league settings. two questions, where do you find this setting/option? and, why is this something that is still an issue? why do i, as the GM of the cubs, get jammed up because the royals do not have enough players on their rookie ball league team? why is this not automatically addressed by the royals AI? this was never an issue until the final few builds on last year's game. I was hoping that that would have been removed on this year's build. unfortunately, this is not the case. any help on where to find the "ghost players" option would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mat 04-05-2019 01:38 AM

I have never experienced this in last years or this years version (with standard mlb game). Not sure if you are playing a standard game?

You can enable ghost players by going to MLB league settings > Rules (you will see option in bottom left of screen).

airmaq79 04-05-2019 10:49 AM

Thank you! Yes, I am playing a standard game; this is actually a league that I started in 2015 and have been importing it through into the newest version of the game ever since. Usually every season once the rookie ball seasons would start (on the last build that I played on last year's game as well as now the current version of this year's game) I would get messages about the rookie ball team for the chicago white sox has an illegal amount of players, and it would not let me continue until it was addressed. This ghost player option, I would imagine, would prevent that from being an issue moving forward. Thanks again.

jcmurr 04-05-2019 11:56 AM

I just had the same exact issue and I went into the Dominican League league settings and "Filled Rosters with Fictional Players". It fixed the problem for me. Not sure that's the best way to do it.

ClayK 06-02-2019 07:58 PM

Same thing happened to me but filling with fictional players didn't work.

Thoughts?

Walsh06 06-03-2019 02:47 AM

Are you sure you ran the function on the right league? Theres a drop down on the top right to select the league, so make sure you have the problem league in question selected. You may have applied it to the majors instead of the minor league.