OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3940)
-   -   Question for those that use a combo of recalc and development. (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=299349)

David Watts 02-28-2019 08:44 AM

Question for those that use a combo of recalc and development.

Just curious what y'all are seeing in regards to the career arc's of players?

I'm in year 9 of my current random debut. I'm using 5 year recalc with OOTP Development turned on.

I continue to be amazed by how many players seem to fade away and either sit on the free agent wire unsigned or retire once their real (recalc) years are used up. This is pretty damn cool in my opinion. It's not every player as Koufax is still trucking strong two years past his recalc years, but I'm definitely seeing it enough in players for it to be noticeable.

Anyone else seeing this? By the way, I'm mainly interesting in hearing from those that use recalc, especially if you tie recalc in with the OOTP Development engine.

Spritze 02-28-2019 05:12 PM

That is how they are supposed to work = together.

Without development on with only recalc someone like Koufax who retired at the top of his game will keep his last ratings forever. Development = aging. Koufax can win over 1,300 games and pitch into his 90's at full strength without development on.

David Watts 02-28-2019 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritze (Post 4443067)
that is how they are supposed to work = together.

Without development on with only recalc someone like koufax who retired at the top of his game will keep his last ratings forever. Development = aging. Koufax can win over 1,300 games and pitch into his 90's at full strength without development on.

Attachment 607058

Sorry, I screwed that up. I understand the Koufax deal. Look at Jose Vidro. He had some really good season when my random started. But, he's now sitting as an unsigned free agent at the age of 34. I'm guessing he will retire at the end of the season. This would pretty much match his actual real life career. I'm seeing this a lot with OOTP19. Coincidence or was something tweaked. I'm not complaining as it's pretty amazing if this was by design.

Spritze 02-28-2019 09:32 PM

Co-inky-dink I think. Sort of.

Most players will have similar career arcs to IRL and recalc/development helps that happen in game.

David Watts 03-01-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4443248)

Most players will have similar career arcs to IRL and recalc/development helps that happen in game.

I figured it might be, but it sure seems like back in 16 guys like Vidro would hang around longer, sometimes catching a mediocre second wind. Plus, I was scared that 5 year recalc might keep guys hanging on, but I'm seeing that it isn't as forgiving I assumed it would be. Cool. This game continues to amaze me.

actionjackson 03-05-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4443067)
That is how they are supposed to work = together.

Without development on with only recalc someone like Koufax who retired at the top of his game will keep his last ratings forever. Development = aging. Koufax can win over 1,300 games and pitch into his 90's at full strength without development on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4443248)

I had always thought both of these (in bold) were the case (David Watts did too I believe), but it's reassuring to get confirmation from someone who knows how these things work. Thank you. :thumbup1: