OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3636)
-   -   baseball card mod?? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=196421)

koohead 04-14-2010 05:32 PM

baseball card mod??

Come on...I know someone wants to figure out how to make a baseball card template that looks like the HOF plaque.
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0625...plaque_400.jpg

:p

davwms 04-14-2010 09:38 PM

the picture would still just be the face, I don't think anyone will be able to "Bronze" the player...

Also, below the face on the plaque, you wouldn't be able to have a player description..

koohead 04-14-2010 10:50 PM

Yep...which would be fine with me. just having the bronze plaque in lieu of a card...fill in the standard picture, insert name on the bottom...plaque with stats for the "back". Would just look cool for HOF inductees

davwms 04-15-2010 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what I have come up with so far.. Still working on it.. but It's definitely doable.. What stats do you want shown? all or just the main stats?

davwms 04-15-2010 02:31 PM

Does anyone know how to get the player's position to show?

I've tried using [%playerposition] but that isn't working.. I guess I have to look further..

cephasjames 04-15-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davwms (Post 2947707)

I've tried using [%playerposition] but that isn't working.. I guess I have to look further..

I don't think it's programmed to work quite yet.

koohead 04-15-2010 04:37 PM

Oh hot diggity! that looks awesome.
Not sure how all stats would look...ya know...too much of a good thing. Not sure how jumbled it'll look. but worth a shot.

davwms 04-15-2010 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone know what stats we can put on the cards?

I tried creating another template based on the 2010 Topps set... tried adding more stats but they don't show...

gbmoore121 04-15-2010 06:42 PM

I can't answer your question, but the front of the Topps card looks great!

koohead 04-17-2010 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davwms (Post 2947704)
Here's what I have come up with so far.. Still working on it.. but It's definitely doable.. What stats do you want shown? all or just the main stats?

Any chance you would be willing to share the template image and associated xml file?

davwms 04-17-2010 07:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I fixed the stats locations..
of course, the bb_hof.png goes in the bb_cards/templates/images folder and the xml file goes in the bb_cards/templates folder..

koohead 04-17-2010 10:38 AM

awesome stuff. thank you!

cephasjames 04-17-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davwms (Post 2949403)
I fixed the stats locations..
of course, the bb_hof.png goes in the bb_cards/templates/images folder and the xml file goes in the bb_cards/templates folder..

Wow!! That is awesome!!

If only there was away to bronze the photo and logos.

cephasjames 04-17-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davwms (Post 2947991)
Does anyone know what stats we can put on the cards?

I tried creating another template based on the 2010 Topps set... tried adding more stats but they don't show...

This one is pretty sweet too.

koohead 04-17-2010 01:28 PM

I just tried the template the the player photo isn't showing. Not sure if it has to do with the fact that the image you attached was jpg, thus removing the transparency?? could you upload a png formatted template? thx

davwms 04-17-2010 02:22 PM

It is a .png.. just make sure when you save it, from my post, change the file type to .png...

koohead 04-17-2010 03:34 PM

hmm. ok. confirmed it's png...but still no picture. odd. I'll play around with it. thanks!

sdazzle 04-17-2010 10:29 PM

I'm having the same problem. There was no transparency however. I took the image into photoshop, copy and pasted the plaque image into another window with a transparency and saved as a .png. I tried to use that image and the window is still white. So I'm not sure. I'm new to the game so I don't quite have the grasp on how the graphics work in order to mod them.
I would love to somehow mod the BNN logos and pages and turn them into a MLB Network design instead.

davwms 04-18-2010 12:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had the same problem when I downloaded that graphic from my post..

The file size limit is 100KB and this file is 137KB.. so, it is automatically getting converted to JPG..

I will set this up to allow it to be downloaded but probably not till after I get some sleep..

thanks!

mtopham 04-19-2010 11:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by davwms (Post 2947707)

There must be a code and it's not being spelled out correctly. I tried a couple of logical possibilities, but no luck. I'd like to put the position in the bottom right of this card I made (Topps 1970)

Attachment 184566

cephasjames 04-19-2010 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by davwms (Post 2950102)

The file size limit is 100KB and this file is 137KB.. so, it is automatically getting converted to JPG..

I will set this up to allow it to be downloaded but probably not till after I get some sleep..

thanks!

I got it to work just fine after I opened it with GIMP, removed the white background and saved it as a .png. Looks great!!

EDIT: Longer names do leak onto the silver border though.

davwms 04-20-2010 07:44 AM

cool.. I can look at the xml file and fix that.. Prob just need to change the text box location and size a little bit and change the alignment to 'fit' instead of 'center'

davwms 04-20-2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtopham (Post 2951820)
There must be a code and it's not being spelled out correctly. I tried a couple of logical possibilities, but no luck. I'd like to put the position in the bottom right of this card I made (Topps 1970)

Attachment 184566

I found in another forum that there is no code for position, currently. The only information that is available to be put on the cards is what is showing on the original card that came with OOTP...

koohead 04-21-2010 08:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I took davwms' design and tweaked it a bit. I've attached the xml and here is a screen shot. I removed the year from the front and changed the font of the name on the front...moved the year to the top back, lowered the name giving it more room, and removed the team tag and the two logos on the bottom (figured the uniform was enough to designate which team this player played for).

Thundercrack 04-21-2010 09:38 PM

very, very nice

galvac 04-24-2010 04:05 AM

Would this help in making some HOF cards? Just put the 3rd pic over the players picture.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/z...ll_1905_16.png http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/z...ll_1905_14.png http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/z...vac/bronze.png

Jpotapoff 04-24-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cephasjames (Post 2951824)

Could you get around that by using the player's First name on one line and the last name on the line below it?

cephasjames 04-24-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galvac (Post 2955342)

Can you get it to do that automatically or do you have to manually add it?

galvac 04-24-2010 05:12 PM

Place the bronze.png file in the OOTP Baseball 11\data\bb_cards\templates\images file. And now edit a card template by adding the same line that shows the players picture. Change player to bronxe.png and it will do this for every player. http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/z...c/Clip0001.jpg

cephasjames 04-24-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galvac (Post 2955719)
Place the bronze.png file in the OOTP Baseball 11\data\bb_cards\templates\images file. And now edit a card template by adding the same line that shows the players picture. Change player to bronxe.png and it will do this for every player. http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/z...c/Clip0001.jpg

Very nice! Any way you could match the color up with the lettering from davwms' plaque? :D

BMW 04-29-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davwms (Post 2951988)
I found in another forum that there is no code for position, currently. The only information that is available to be put on the cards is what is showing on the original card that came with OOTP...

It's something that I noticed with the cards at the end of the beta. I have position tokens as a crucial priority. (Actually the #1 thing on the list).

joe_44850 05-14-2010 07:44 PM

Hey guys, you can play around with my card utility program if you want. It's still in beta, and I need to create some help files, but basically you import your data (csv dump), then you can start creating your own card templates with a drag and drop style program. You can bring in different fonts, different backgrounds, and you can get all the stats to print out from a player's career. The cards are saved as html files, which is handy for online leagues. More info here:
OOTP Utilities

Thanks!
Joe

darkcloud4579 05-14-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe_44850 (Post 2971412)
Hey guys, you can play around with my card utility program if you want. It's still in beta, and I need to create some help files, but basically you import your data (csv dump), then you can start creating your own card templates with a drag and drop style program. You can bring in different fonts, different backgrounds, and you can get all the stats to print out from a player's career. The cards are saved as html files, which is handy for online leagues. More info here:
OOTP Utilities

Thanks!
Joe

This is great. Thanks for doing it.

joe_44850 05-14-2010 08:17 PM

Thanks for testing it! I'm trying to work out bugs before I really advertise it's availability. If you have any issues or problems, let me know.

I need to mention that it is windows only, and I haven't tested it on Windows 7, but seems to work ok on Vista and XP.

darkcloud4579 05-14-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe_44850 (Post 2971419)
Thanks for testing it! I'm trying to work out bugs before I really advertise it's availability. If you have any issues or problems, let me know.

I need to mention that it is windows only, and I haven't tested it on Windows 7, but seems to work ok on Vista and XP.

Should we not use it in-game? I loaded it and it won't work for me when I have it loaded. Instructions would be great, just to make sure we get it right, because I wasn't sure. I'll test it later on.

joe_44850 05-15-2010 06:55 AM

It won't work in-game, unfortunately, as it makes a lot of windows script calls via vbscript. I'll work on directions/instructions today, and there will be a patch available as well.

Goody 05-15-2010 07:20 AM

These are excellent. Good work going on here.

I love the baseball cards and hope they become more customizable. I hope this feature isn't neglected because of the complaints of a few.

DWK 06-17-2010 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davwms (Post 2950102)

thanks!

I'm getting no picture with this attachment it's still white. Is there any fix for this yet?

This is awesome if I can get it to work

dcpcarmona 06-17-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cephasjames (Post 2951824)
I got it to work just fine after I opened it with GIMP, removed the white background and saved it as a .png. Looks great!!

how do you remove the white background in gimp?

dcc

DCHepler25 06-21-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpcarmona (Post 2990414)
how do you remove the white background in gimp?

dcc

Under the "Layer" menu, choose "Transparency" and then "Add Alpha Channel"

Now use the magic wand to select the white background and delete it.

Save the file as a .png and you should be good to go!

dcpcarmona 06-21-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCHepler25 (Post 2993533)
Under the "Layer" menu, choose "Transparency" and then "Add Alpha Channel"

Now use the magic wand to select the white background and delete it.

Save the file as a .png and you should be good to go!

Thanks!

koohead 07-21-2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koohead (Post 2953497)
I took davwms' design and tweaked it a bit. I've attached the xml and here is a screen shot. I removed the year from the front and changed the font of the name on the front...moved the year to the top back, lowered the name giving it more room, and removed the team tag and the two logos on the bottom (figured the uniform was enough to designate which team this player played for).

Can someone figure a way out to take this basic HOF plaque and turn the "back" sidways (I'd be happy with just a rectangle with the same border and texture) and include the xml to get career totals (for more than just the basics here...things like doubles, RBI, SB, OBP, etc)

Jpotapoff 07-21-2010 03:10 AM

Is there a way, when creating a new card, to force it to display a certain year instead of the year in game that you created the card?

I want to go back and create a new Hall of Fame card for all of the players already inducted into the HOF in my league with the cool HOF Plaque card. But when I do that it inserts the current (in game) year instead of the year the person was inducted into the HOF...

Jpotapoff 07-21-2010 04:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well I did it the hard way and modified the xml to replace the tag for year to the specific year the player was inducted. Then created the card for each player in that year. Went back to the XML and changed it to the next year, updated the cards for Hall of Famers for that year, and so on. When I was finished I changed the XML to having the tag for the year so future hall of famers should work fine.

I also modified the XML set up the card the way I preferred. Like putting the name of the team under the player's name, re-adding the league and team logos at the bottom and including the player's position at the bottom.

I also modified the picture files to set the transparencies and remove the card like rectangle around the plaque so it looks like a plaque more than a baseball card.

Here's the template, a pic of what it looks like when generated and the XML file.

Attachment 192250

Attachment 192251

Attachment 192252

Jpotapoff 07-21-2010 04:49 AM

Arg. Looks like the forum wants to convert the png to a jpg thereby losing the transparency.

I tried attaching it zipped but it's too big it won't let me...

davwms 07-21-2010 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by koohead (Post 3014051)
Can someone figure a way out to take this basic HOF plaque and turn the "back" sidways (I'd be happy with just a rectangle with the same border and texture) and include the xml to get career totals (for more than just the basics here...things like doubles, RBI, SB, OBP, etc)

Well, the plagues are the wall, so there really shouldn't be any backs at all.. I'm at work now and can't really do much now, but here's a little mock up next to an picture of an actual plaque...

I don't know if we can get a list of teams the player played for, like on the real plaques, but maybe just having the stats below the picture instead????

koohead 07-21-2010 01:43 PM

yeah good point about the back :) I guess the back is really unnecessary if you are going to just display career totals. So yes, if we could make the picture a bit smaller and list the stats on the front that would be cool.

davwms 07-23-2010 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what I have created for the Hall of Fame plaque. This image is a .jpg since the .png was too large to upload. Thus, I was not able to attach the actual template files either...

DreamTeams 07-23-2010 11:19 PM

Excellent job dvwms. I would love to have your rendition of the hall of fame plaque. Do think you could send send it to me?

davwms 07-24-2010 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamTeams (Post 3015719)
Excellent job davwms. I would love to have your rendition of the hall of fame plaque. Do think you could send send it to me?

You can download the zip file from HERE