OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   Thought I'd heard that there's a new way in XX to train players for multiple positions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=300345)

torpidbeaver 03-21-2019 01:25 AM

Thought I'd heard that there's a new way in XX to train players for multiple positions

Like, if you want to make a player a good utility player, I thought I'd read/heard in a stream that there was going to be an addition this year to allow GMs to cycle them in more easily? Something that doesn't require as much fiddling as force starting at different positions?

I looked in Game Strategy and didn't see any new options. Is there something somewhere else?

malichai11 03-21-2019 03:01 AM

That would be awesome! Let me know if you find the setting.

Matt Arnold 03-21-2019 04:30 AM

Nothing directly was added for that. But the player strategy settings have been updated to add a few new options (you can force lineup slots for vsR or vsL), and you can have players sub at other positions, so if you're setting the lineups, you could do something like have a player start in CF and be the backup in RF every 2nd game, and he should split his time between the two fields.

Orioles1966 03-21-2019 05:16 AM

I would like too see UTL player added to the transaction pages(listing of all current players) .

italyprof 03-21-2019 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Arnold (Post 4456458)
Nothing directly was added for that. But the player strategy settings have been updated to add a few new options (you can force lineup slots for vsR or vsL), and you can have players sub at other positions, so if you're setting the lineups, you could do something like have a player start in CF and be the backup in RF every 2nd game, and he should split his time between the two fields.

That is very cool actually, since those are the kind of rosters I often end up working with in this game (random debut - you would with what you got). So being able to specify that is nice - goes beyond the previous specialized lineups option.

torpidbeaver 03-21-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Arnold (Post 4456458)

Thanks, Matt. Do you know if a "Utility" setting been looked-at for the player Strategy screen?

I could see it being difficult to implement, but if I'm being honest with myself, I don't know if I'm going to have the patience for setting all of my minor leagues' lineups up to match the twisting snake of a depth chart that will result if I try to make my players' positional skills match what I think they ought to be.

It'd be so nice to be able to just hit a button and make that guy an outfield UTIL or an infield UTIL.