OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 18 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3916)
-   -   Can I Turn Off Signing & Releasing Players? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=277606)

andjbock 04-22-2017 07:44 PM

Can I Turn Off Signing & Releasing Players?

I have a fictional independent league and I want to change the rules to a 40-man active roster. Once it's filled it's filled. No more signings or the ability to release players.

Trading would be fine (I know where that option is).

Is there a way to disable the AI's ability to sign and release players?

Déjà Bru 04-22-2017 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What about this option?

andjbock 04-22-2017 07:59 PM

Ah. Let me try that. Thanks!

I have to release the rosters and start over with some new rules, so I'll update tonight or tomorrow.

OldFatGuy 04-22-2017 08:03 PM

I'm pretty sure that stops trading too.

andjbock 04-22-2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldFatGuy (Post 4188962)
I'm pretty sure that stops trading too.

I can live with that. It's more about the constant releasing of players the AI does when you have reserve rosters set to 15 without minor leagues.

NoOne 04-23-2017 01:07 AM

that stops everything, lol.

don't use it unless you want to control every team.

think free agency or related rules are in "options" maybe "rules" of the league.

you could even make service time so difficult to obtain, that they never gain any years toward FA.

think you have multiple ways to achive the goal, and it depends on other details which is best. if you can't turn off FA, you'll have to go more roundabout like affecting service time.

oh, just in case that doesn't do what you need: you could make a "human gm" for each team and delegate all functions except sing/release.

either way, you may need to micro manage these teams if they cannot sign FA.

with no minors, you need reserve roster instead? think that will reduce the opportunity to sign/releas in general

andjbock 04-23-2017 10:04 AM

Thanks. I may have create a test league and play around with everything.

andjbock 04-23-2017 02:40 PM

Okay. So I think I will do a 40 round FA draft every year and disable all transactions. I'll do 40 man active rosters so injured players are just not used and teams can work around it.

Once the season is over, all players will be released and the league will do it again next year.

NoOne 04-24-2017 05:41 PM

after you disable draft, notice some new settings replace it. it will default to create enough fictional players each year for the league.

not sure how you want new players introduced each year, but easy to miss it after you turn off the ama. draft.

without a MiL system i wonder if it creates them of varying ages? never done it.

andjbock 04-24-2017 09:41 PM

My test league did not have any new players created except for the 10 I permitted through international FA, so I think I should be okay.