OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3640)
-   -   Why didn't my historical league reset actual rosters? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=235174)

seasideda 08-07-2013 04:22 PM

Why didn't my historical league reset actual rosters?

Still new to the game, but I thought that you could play historical seasons and have the AI reset all players to actual teams season to season. I just played out the 1975 season and when I got to 1976 I was expecting rosters to be true to actual, instead the players I traded for were still on my team along with other league trades that carried over. I was forced to participate in a rookie draft pool with players that are suppose to be affiliated with their actual team. Is there a setting that I am suppose to choose so that each year players are reset to their actual ML teams.
Thanks.

The Game 08-07-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seasideda (Post 3551048)
Still new to the game, but I thought that you could play historical seasons and have the AI reset all players to actual teams season to season. I just played out the 1975 season and when I got to 1976 I was expecting rosters to be true to actual, instead the players I traded for were still on my team along with other league trades that carried over. I was forced to participate in a rookie draft pool with players that are suppose to be affiliated with their actual team. Is there a setting that I am suppose to choose so that each year players are reset to their actual ML teams.
Thanks.

Rosters will not reset. You can use real lineups/transactions which will have the trades made for you but if you make a trade yourself I am guessing that nullifys the real lineups/transactions option. Turn the draft off to have historical players go to their proper team. Happens 1st day of the off season.

seasideda 08-08-2013 07:46 AM

hmm. will the AI allow you to make trades if you use real lineups? I have allow trades on, but I don't see an option that allows my managed team to make trades. I just started the season but realized that I would like to make some roster moves. Is there a way to go back to the set up wizard or some setting that will allow me to change "use real historical transactions and also change "use real lineups", so I can have trades or do I have to wait until the end of the current season and change these settings in the off season, if that is even possible if Im playing continuous years? Or is it best to go back and start over? I guess Im inching for some unpredictability in my replay season.
Thanks again.

The Game 08-08-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seasideda (Post 3551331)
hmm. will the AI allow you to make trades if you use real lineups? I have allow trades on, but I don't see an option that allows my managed team to make trades. I just started the season but realized that I would like to make some roster moves. Is there a way to go back to the set up wizard or some setting that will allow me to change "use real historical transactions and also change "use real lineups", so I can have trades or do I have to wait until the end of the current season and change these settings in the off season, if that is even possible if Im playing continuous years? Or is it best to go back and start over? I guess Im inching for some unpredictability in my replay season.
Thanks again.

Unsure on all. I dont use real transactions/lineups.