OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 2 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3893)
-   -   Franchise Hockey Manager 2 Release info + Feature list (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=251167)

Tangerino 02-24-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Cole. (Post 3817006)
How do you have any idea about the salary cap and how it will work in FHM 2 without having played the game?

haters will hate, I for one am super excited for everything! Bring on FHM 2 :flowers: :)

GiantYankee 02-24-2015 09:54 PM

In terms of the number of teams, how small or big can fictional leagues be?

Ekcut 02-24-2015 09:59 PM

Here...take my money!!!

DaximusPrimus 02-24-2015 10:15 PM

I love you! If I pay you now will you release the game sooner? How about if I buy two copies?

Cole 02-24-2015 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiantYankee (Post 3817013)
In terms of the number of teams, how small or big can fictional leagues be?

As few as 6 and as many as 30 in the default fictional setups.

Mgomz 02-24-2015 10:18 PM

I like how you can hirer a Head Coach or Retired person can join a Staff or Front Office.
League E. Is needed.
Is League Structure turned so we can move Teams around or import Historical Teams?
Can we randomize Cities and pick Regions? Have Leagues feed into like the NHL for Draft? World Templates so we can add them to like a NHL League? Trade with other Leagues?

Cole 02-24-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangerino (Post 3817011)
haters will hate, I for one am super excited for everything! Bring on FHM 2 :flowers: :)

People are fully welcome of course to have features that are super important to them, or bad feelings if things don't work how they think they should. And I know there are issues with FHM 2014 as there are always going to be bumps in the road in any game and especially a new franchise ...

But, dismissing a game that you haven't even played yet and just presuming it won't work as intended is a bit over the top I think.

speels 02-24-2015 10:36 PM

Can you have multiple GM's in an offline league, or would you have to play online if you wanted to have multiple GM's control multiple teams?

By the way, it sounds great so far. :)

Bugsquasher 02-24-2015 11:10 PM

Great News! FHM 2 Is coming out much earlier than I thought! I have a question, will the new training system affect historical leagues too in a way where there is more randomness in terms of development? Also, will the AI pick better players in the historical draft? lol, Great work I'm really happy with the news!

Cole 02-24-2015 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speels (Post 3817035)
Can you have multiple GM's in an offline league, or would you have to play online if you wanted to have multiple GM's control multiple teams?

By the way, it sounds great so far. :)

Are you talking multiple real humans, playing on one offline league file?

Or one human, being GM of multiple teams in one league?

Either way, I am inclined to think neither is possible.. but I will let Sebastian chime in conclusively on that.

Cole 02-25-2015 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugsquasher (Post 3817043)
Great News! FHM 2 Is coming out much earlier than I thought! I have a question, will the new training system affect historical leagues too in a way where there is more randomness in terms of development? Also, will the AI pick better players in the historical draft? lol, Great work I'm really happy with the news!

There is of course option in the historical mode to have the players perform more closely to how they did in real life, or to simply let the FHM game engine take over, which would lead to more randomness and deviation away from exact history of course.

Sebastian will have to confirm whether the training system will be fully implemented for historical too.

And on your last point, yes, we would certainly hope the AI will perform better in all aspects of the game, including historical drafting. That stuff is of course constantly being worked on and tweaked and will continue to be so before release, you can be assured.

Bugsquasher 02-25-2015 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Cole. (Post 3817056)
There is of course option in the historical mode to have the players perform more closely to how they did in real life, or to simply let the FHM game engine take over, which would lead to more randomness and deviation away from exact history of course.

Sebastian will have to confirm whether the training system will be fully implemented for historical too.

And on your last point, yes, we would certainly hope the AI will perform better in all aspects of the game, including historical drafting. That stuff is of course constantly being worked on and tweaked and will continue to be so before release, you can be assured.

Great news! I'm sold! The historical game was too predictable in the old version and now I can have more fun with historical and definitely want to try letting the FHM engine take over for more randomness and deviation. I always wanted that and that's going to make Historical worth playing! Thank you!

Empach 02-25-2015 01:14 AM

Sounds good! I'm glad to see you've concentrated on the basics, if things work out as well as they sound this should be a much more satisfying release.
And late May? Earlier than I was expecting!

Very happy to hear that expansion teams made it in, I'd love to get some more details on how that works. Is there an expansion draft? If I control a team other than the new one do I have to protect players?

dave1927p 02-25-2015 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empach (Post 3817070)

Very happy to hear that expansion teams made it in, I'd love to get some more details on how that works. Is there an expansion draft? If I control a team other than the new one do I have to protect players?

Yes and Yes.

krownroyal83 02-25-2015 02:53 AM

Will there be a salary cap in this game? Will it be the same or similar to the NHL. Will it be customisable?

Retteri 02-25-2015 04:50 AM

International tournaments won't make to FHM2? :(

Teloch 02-25-2015 05:37 AM

1) Will there be a demo? I don't mind the $30 price tag at all if I can try the game out first.

2) All the talk about online multiplayer, but how's the hotseat multiplayer? Is it in the game?

Hanson Bros 02-25-2015 06:03 AM

was disappointed with version 1 but was glad to give my money to support the game ... will buy version 2

Swedishgamefreak 02-25-2015 06:23 AM

I am really excited! Day 1 for me for sure!

Orioles1966 02-25-2015 07:01 AM

Will expansion teams be automatically assigned to divisions ?

What about playoffs after expansion? Still the same number of teams in the playoffs or will more teams be added,