OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   2017 Astros vs Dodger replay, How to sim w/o the cheating? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=309651)

lencombs 01-18-2020 09:12 PM

2017 Astros vs Dodger replay, How to sim w/o the cheating?
 
I want to replay the 2017 World Series where the Astros can't cheat What is the best way to edit their lineup to reflect them not sign steaing?

CBeisbol 01-18-2020 11:36 PM

First, NotSureIfSerious.gif

Second, You would have to determine how much the cheating helped the Astros and then edit the players to decrease their expected performance to the level you think it would have been at of they had not cheated.

Determining the appropriate level will be the hard part

andyhdz 01-19-2020 03:47 AM

And then after will you replay the 2018 WS and the entire 1951 Giants season and remove the cheating their too?

Bluenoser 01-19-2020 06:24 AM

Just play the 2017 WS over again. Cheating/sign stealing aren't in OOTP. :)

CBeisbol 01-19-2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenoser (Post 4578463)
Just play the 2017 WS over again. Cheating/sign stealing aren't in OOTP. :)

That's not really true

If the IRL stats include the results cheating, or PEDs, or what have you, then, yes, it is in the game. Because the game uses those stats for the simulation.

Bluenoser 01-19-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBeisbol (Post 4578512)
That's not really true

If the IRL stats include the results cheating, or PEDs, or what have you, then, yes, it is in the game. Because the game uses those stats for the simulation.

I suppose if you're using live update/real life stats it will. If using the OOTP engine, then no.

CBeisbol 01-19-2020 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenoser (Post 4578513)
I suppose if you're using live update/real life stats it will. If using the OOTP engine, then no.

If they are replaying the 2017 world series I think we can safely say they are not using the OOTP engine

Bluenoser 01-19-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBeisbol (Post 4578516)
If they are replaying the 2017 world series I think we can safely say they are not using the OOTP engine

So it's possible to import/update real life stats after each game?

David Watts 01-19-2020 12:54 PM

I want to replay the 2017 season, but in the replay I don't want Jose Altuve to have a cold on July 24th.

BIG17EASY 01-19-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenoser (Post 4578528)
So it's possible to import/update real life stats after each game?

I'm not sure if you're being a wise guy or just don't understand what people are saying. Using the 2017 historical roster, the ratings for the Astros (and all teams) will be based on their real-life performances in 2017. So if OP imports those two teams into a tournament to replay the World Series, the Astros ratings will be affected by any possible performance enhancement they received from stealing signs.

So there's no import/update necessary, and the development settings (which is what I think you meant by "game engine" in an earlier post) don't have any effect on what OP wants to do.

rudel.dietrich 01-19-2020 01:16 PM

I want to replay my life. One in which I had never found, read and then replied to this thread.
I think I lost a few IQ points in this one.

Bluenoser 01-19-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG17EASY (Post 4578542)
I'm not sure if you're being a wise guy or just don't understand what people are saying. Using the 2017 historical roster, the ratings for the Astros (and all teams) will be based on their real-life performances in 2017. So if OP imports those two teams into a tournament to replay the World Series, the Astros ratings will be affected by any possible performance enhancement they received from stealing signs.

So there's no import/update necessary, and the development settings (which is what I think you meant by "game engine" in an earlier post) don't have any effect on what OP wants to do.

Relax, I'm asking a question - I don't use real rosters, I have never used live import. I have no idea how it works.

BIG17EASY 01-19-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenoser (Post 4578558)
Relax, I'm asking a question - I don't use real rosters, I have never used live import. I have no idea how it works.

Sorry, there's been a lot of sarcasm floating around these boards lately. I apologize for misreading your tone. Hopefully my explanation cleared up why the OP asked the original question.

CBeisbol 01-19-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenoser (Post 4578528)
So it's possible to import/update real life stats after each game?

Yes
You could do it through the editor if you wanted

But, if you're just playing a seven game series, the development engine wouldn't really be doing anything, so you could just import the 2017 versions of the players and play the series.

So, as Big17Easy said, it'd just be based off the 2017 stats which, likely, were influenced by stealing signs.

So, to remove that influence one would have to figure out how much influence there was and remove it from the players' stats.

CBeisbol 01-19-2020 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Watts (Post 4578534)
I want to replay the 2017 season, but in the replay I don't want Jose Altuve to have a cold on July 24th.

Snarky comment

But, a perfectly legitimate way to play

What might have happened if so-and-so wasn't injured, suspended, off at war, etc in whatever season

David Watts 01-19-2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBeisbol (Post 4578573)
Snarky comment

But, a perfectly legitimate way to play

What might have happened if so-and-so wasn't injured, suspended, off at war, etc in whatever season

Lol, knew you couldn't resist playing patrol boy. Do you play OOTP?

CBeisbol 01-19-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Watts (Post 4578576)
Lol, knew you couldn't resist playing patrol boy. Do you play OOTP?

Nah man
Just here workin the beat

David Watts 01-19-2020 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBeisbol (Post 4578581)
Nah man
Just here workin the beat

Okay, now that did make me laugh. Thank you

Bluenoser 01-19-2020 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBeisbol (Post 4578572)
Yes
You could do it through the editor if you wanted

But, if you're just playing a seven game series, the development engine wouldn't really be doing anything, so you could just import the 2017 versions of the players and play the series.

So, as Big17Easy said, it'd just be based off the 2017 stats which, likely, were influenced by stealing signs.

So, to remove that influence one would have to figure out how much influence there was and remove it from the players' stats.

Thank you. This is what I was trying to understand. You load up a game at day 1 of the WS between Houston and LA. As you play each game, there's no requirement to do a live update because the game engine has no effect on the players.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments