OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 5 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3946)
-   -   Playoff Format (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=304972)

BKL 07-06-2019 11:08 PM

Playoff Format

I noticed that many of the playoff formats (for example, 6 teams top 2 bye), the higher seeded teams often do not get home ice advantage in the later rounds.

For example, if the Seed 1 and Seed 2 get a bye, you then have Seed 3 vs. Seed 6 and Seed 4 vs. Seed 5. Suppose Seed 6 wins against Seed 3 and then moves on the play Seed 1 and also wins. Then what happens is Seed 6 takes over to have home ice advantage in the championship. Basically, the Seed 1 bracket gets home ice advantage in the championship.

Is this correct? Do some leagues do it this way?

landru22 07-07-2019 09:10 AM

I have seen this often in previous versions (I don't own FHM5). I can't believe this still isn't fixed.

BKL 07-08-2019 09:00 AM

Playoff Format

Quote:

Originally Posted by landru22 (Post 4512202)
I have seen this often in previous versions (I don't own FHM5). I can't believe this still isn't fixed.

Yea that’s a little odd. I noticed in my test this happens in all playoff formats except the NHL like format. Hopefully it gets fixed in FHM6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffR 07-10-2019 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKL (Post 4512088)
I noticed that many of the playoff formats (for example, 6 teams top 2 bye), the higher seeded teams often do not get home ice advantage in the later rounds.

For example, if the Seed 1 and Seed 2 get a bye, you then have Seed 3 vs. Seed 6 and Seed 4 vs. Seed 5. Suppose Seed 6 wins against Seed 3 and then moves on the play Seed 1 and also wins. Then what happens is Seed 6 takes over to have home ice advantage in the championship. Basically, the Seed 1 bracket gets home ice advantage in the championship.

Is this correct? Do some leagues do it this way?

Yeah, there are some that do, but I'm not sure if that one specifically should be doing that. The playoff format options are all based on real ones, so it may be something like an oddball historical NHL one, but we'll have a look and see if it really should be doing that.

BKL 07-10-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4513292)
Yeah, there are some that do, but I'm not sure if that one specifically should be doing that. The playoff format options are all based on real ones, so it may be something like an oddball historical NHL one, but we'll have a look and see if it really should be doing that.

I think all the ones that have fewer than 16 teams are doing it. It’s for the championship series in all cases and the semifinals in many of them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk