OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3643)
-   -   Former Commish Looking for League! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=4378)

Squishmytomato 12-16-2001 12:26 PM

Former Commish Looking for League!

Hey,

I am the former commissioner of the REAL Simulation Baseball League. I know longer have the time to run the type of league I'd like to run, but I'd love to join a league and contribute as a GM.

I am looking for a solid league with active owners, and I am interested in playing in an 80's leage or a current league. The website should preferably have a clean layout, and the commissioner should be open to new ideas and not tolerant of egotistical/inactive owners.

Let me know if any leagues fit my criteria :-)

Thanks,
Marc

Squish.

obaslg 12-16-2001 03:27 PM

Check out FAST at <a href="http://www.geocities.com/fastbaseball" target="_blank">www.geocities.com/fastbaseball</a>

We're new, but have a good core of active owners, and though we're functional we're polishing the rules now. We have five teams available, including St. Louis and Baltimore, both in first place.

I'm the acting commish - you can get me at billjames@mindspring.com

Squishmytomato 12-16-2001 03:57 PM

Just wondering, anyone seen a league that's ripped off my idea of agents?

I'd love to play in a league like that again :-P

Squish.

Aussie Mark 12-16-2001 09:45 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Squishmytomato:
<strong>Just wondering, anyone seen a league that's ripped off my idea of agents?

I'd love to play in a league like that again :-P

Squish.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Haven't seen one like that since REAL

LedgerSko 12-16-2001 10:13 PM

Squish we might have what you want. I am the AL president of the NBSL. We are currently wrapping up our 3rd year. We currently do not have an owner for the NBSL's best team the Texas Rangers. They won the title last year and won 121 games this year and square off against the Yankees in round one of the playoffs. Our site is <a href="http://www.nbslnet.com." target="_blank">www.nbslnet.com.</a> Take a look and sign up<a href="http://www.nbslnet.com" target="_blank">NBSL</a>

Squishmytomato 12-17-2001 01:01 PM

sko_dog - Very nice looking site. Only thing I'm concerned about is a challenge. Taking over the best team? :p LOL, no one will ever catch up...it'll be just like playing OOTP 3 ;-).

I am definitely interested though.

Squish.

blmeanie 12-17-2001 02:25 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Squishmytomato:
<strong>Just wondering, anyone seen a league that's ripped off my idea of agents?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Curious - what was the idea on agents for your league?

Squishmytomato 12-17-2001 02:40 PM

[quote] Curious - what was the idea on agents for your league?

--------------------

blmeanie <hr></blockquote>

Bleamie, I'm not going to elaborate because I don't particularily want to see the idea ripped off unless I expand on it.

Aussie Mark - Yeah, REAL had potential...*sigh* I've got so many ideas to run a great league. There are just NONE that really grab me and pull me in. Don't get me wrong, some of these leagues are very solid (NBSL and FAST), but the only league that comes CLOSE to one that could utilize the full power of OOTP and realism is the XBL, and still, they're only on the verge of being a great league :-). Oh well :(

Squish.

Killebrew 12-17-2001 03:27 PM

Wasn't there 2 "REAL" online baseball leagues? That was mentioned on the old old forum anyway - one was called the RBL I think...

Cooleyvol 12-17-2001 03:46 PM

What's the big deal about someone ripping off your idea? You already stated that you didn't have time to run a league. Would you rather have this great idea in your head or actually see what happens if it were used? Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for a new idea for FA, I don't get into present day leagues.

Actually, according to their website, XBL is down for a while.

[ December 17, 2001: Message edited by: Cooleyvol ]</p>

Old Man 12-17-2001 05:08 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Killebrew:
<strong>Wasn't there 2 "REAL" online baseball leagues? That was mentioned on the old old forum anyway - one was called the RBL I think...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think they were called "Retro Baseball League" but as my wife likes to remind me...I could be wrong.

sporr 12-17-2001 05:27 PM

The XBL is done for awhile. Not sure how long. Hopefully, it'll be back.

Jestre 12-18-2001 01:21 AM

Seems strange to me also, guy wants to join a league that has some kind of secret FA setup but doesnt want anyone to know about it. Guess he plans on copyrighting it.... Good luck squishy.

Squishmytomato 12-18-2001 09:49 AM

I believe there was another simulation baseball league called "Real Baseball" or something along those lines along with the "Retro Baseball League". The guy who started this league was, in fact, a member of the "real" REAL ;)

Actually, I've been toying with the idea of starting up a new league, that's why I don't want my "secret" idea ripped off, so if you guys who were in my league that still come around here could keep it kind of quiet, I would really appreciate it.

However, if I did start a new league, it would be absolutely nothing like most of the OOTP leagues out right now. All I'm saying is, I'm talking to a few programmers who might be interested.

Squish.

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: Squishmytomato ]</p>

Killebrew 12-18-2001 10:33 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Old Man:
<strong>
...but as my wife likes to remind me...I could be wrong.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hahaha!

Old Man 12-18-2001 03:11 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Killebrew:
<strong>

Hahaha!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh sure go laugh you think it is funny. Well I beg to differ.

:D

N8dogg777 12-20-2001 01:25 PM

Your idea?ive been in leagues for over 5 years now that have used agents,dont claim what isnt yours

Squishmytomato 12-20-2001 06:14 PM

[quote]N8dogg777
Bat Boy

Member # 302
Rate Member
posted December 20, 2001 07:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your idea?ive been in leagues for over 5 years now that have used agents,dont claim what isnt yours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<hr></blockquote>

1) OOTP hasn't been out 5 years.
2) It is mine.
3) Care to prove me wrong?

Squish.

Killebrew 12-20-2001 07:02 PM

Is there any reason why you would not want other people and/or leagues to use a rule you have created?

Edit: Sorry, never mind, you explain this above. It sounds like keeping your rules secret would make your future league (if you decide to start another one) more unique.

[ December 21, 2001: Message edited by: Killebrew ]</p>

Squishmytomato 12-20-2001 07:19 PM

You got it :-)

Squish.