OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Dynasty Reports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Manager mode....how long did you last? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=26077)

Steve Kuffrey 03-01-2003 01:55 PM

Manager mode....how long did you last?

I'm just curious what the longest someone has stayed with one club playing manager mode? Include a screen shot of your stats if you can.

EagleEye_0 03-01-2003 04:34 PM

I've only played one season, but so far so good. I trailed 5-1 in game 7 of the world series after four innings. I then made a brilliant decision to sim until the 9th to find out my team is now leading 6-5. I played and held on in the 9th to win the championship in my first season.

EagleEye_0 03-01-2003 04:37 PM

After winning the world series I asked Denise if she wanted to marry me and she turned me down :(

BaseballMan 03-01-2003 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by EagleEye_0
After winning the world series I asked Denise if she wanted to marry me and she turned me down :(
maybe she thought it was just beginners luck.

I guess you better repeat.

holyroller 03-01-2003 07:52 PM

I didn't even make it through one season AND my hooch dumped me.

KCRoyalsFan 03-02-2003 02:32 AM

Well I played horrible my 1st year with the royals and almost lost 100 games (simmed season to test it out). Then I was amazingly offered a extension for 2 years. Needless to say the next year didn't go well and I got fired in the middle of my contract. Both years the owner wanted me to turn the club back to .500

Come on now, no one can bring the Royals back to .500 in 1-2 years, yet alone 5 years! Heh. Wish I had a little bit more money to work with so I could sign some good players. Maybe I'll fill the minors that might help my talent next time.

MJohnson 03-02-2003 03:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what I have going so far in my fictional league. Same team, going on year 22 now

Steve Kuffrey 03-02-2003 08:15 AM

Nice work, 22 years...

EagleEye_0 03-02-2003 08:19 AM

Markus decided to name their top managing honor after one of their posters, lol.

twins15 03-02-2003 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve Kuffrey
Nice work, 22 years...
Even more impressive is all those championships. Maybe you should the hard level, MJohnson. :D

MJohnson 03-02-2003 11:32 PM

If I could change the difficulty level now, I would

Roxtar 03-02-2003 11:41 PM

I have a question about the two screenshots posted in this thread. In the first one the person won the Championship series. So, 2002 is listed in the years reaching playoffs, Years reaching the championship series and Years winning the championship series.

Yet, in the second screen none of the years are listed in the Years Reaching the Championship series, yet there are several years that are listed as Winning the championship.

Why ???

MJohnson 03-03-2003 12:18 AM

we are different people

Geiiga 03-03-2003 04:33 AM

I lasted two years with Houston (first year I was expected to make the playoffs, finished dead last, next year I was supposed to play .500 ball, and going in to September, I was five games over, then my two top pitchers and my best hitter got hurt for the rest of the season, sent me into a slide). Then I got a job with Orlando, not realizing the death trap of finances that entailed. First year was 'Don't finish last,' and I didn't. Managed an 80-82 season with a team that should definitely have finished last. Next season, 'Play .500 ball.' Last day of the season, I was trailing the divisional leader San Francisco by a game. Last game, in Orlando, against SF. 8-2 final, we play a one-game playoff in Frisco. I lose, 2-1. I'm back for a third year, my finances are still a wreck, but I've got some good young talent that's finally starting to come up.

I also got married to a girl named Bri a couple months after getting the Orlando job. We had our first son, Ambrose, in January of last year. I'm sure he'll grow up to be a real fireballer.

EDIT: Since my last post, I've simmed two more years, making it to the playoffs the first year, and undergoing COMPLETE GRAVITATIONAL COLLAPSE the second. In mid-September, with Orlando in the middle of the playoff hunt, my team became a black hole, from which no wins could escape. We lost seventeen straight and finished 79-83. Owner was not happy about that, but offered me another two years in Florida anyway.

Ambrose is coming along well, but he's worrying me by being two years old and having no baseball skills yet. Bri also gave birth to a little girl last April. I named her Rachel. She also doesn't have any baseball skills, but she doesn't move much, either. So I guess that evens out.

Springtime_for_Hunter 03-03-2003 06:11 AM

Roxtar, I imagine MJohnson is in a smaller league, so there aren't any other playoffs. Reaching the playoffs and reaching the championship series are the same thing, so they aren't listed twice.

PhilyMouth 03-03-2003 05:35 PM

i just started my manager mode....dumped my first girl cause i figured i was a big shot manager....havent found one since......i must be a bad breaker upper

Geiiga 03-03-2003 06:56 PM

So, how old do the kids have to be before they start showing baseball potential? Ambrose is three, and he's starting to worry me by being more into artsy stuff than the bat and the ball. I accidentally let him watch TLC all morning during the off-season, and he was trying to tell me how the wallpaper didn't match the drapes. TV's been locked on ESPN Classic since then.

We also had another baby boy this offseason. Hieronymous was born on 24 March 2008, a week before I start my sixth season with Orlando.

The Professor 03-03-2003 08:26 PM

Lucky dog, it took me almost 2 years to get my wife, Carly, to agree to have a child...

...I don't think my Elizabeth is going to be tearing up the Majors in the far future.

Erich Ingram 03-03-2003 10:04 PM

I am about to start my 9th season with the same team, made the playoffs 7 out of 8 years and won one title in 3 trips to the Championship on Hall of Fame level with a Horror for an owner. Now he expects me to win the series every year.

MJohnson 03-03-2003 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Springtime_for_Hunter
Roxtar, I imagine MJohnson is in a smaller league, so there aren't any other playoffs. Reaching the playoffs and reaching the championship series are the same thing, so they aren't listed twice.
I am in a smaller league, 2 leagues of 4 teams each. I prefer the smaller league because my it's all towns around my home plus I get to know the other players a bit more. For this manager, I'm just speeding through to see how my kids do in the majors. The two with baseball skills have been drafted and will be in the big show soon