OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3944)
-   -   Future Legends (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303160)

Folderol 05-13-2019 07:59 AM

Future Legends

Sorry if I missed this, but if a Future Legend is still in the minors and has never played major league baseball, on what is his PT performance based?

Thanks!

Findest2001 05-13-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folderol (Post 4487719)
Sorry if I missed this, but if a Future Legend is still in the minors and has never played major league baseball, on what is his PT performance based?

Thanks!

The most educated guess anyone can give is scouting projections. Aside from that there is nothing to go on. I believe they use scouting reports of potential, and make the ratings close to that potential "ceiling".

Kushiel 05-13-2019 10:25 AM

I am not a fan of them. I venture to guess that few of them will reach the quality that they are fantasized with on these cards.

Dunzie 05-13-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kushiel (Post 4487788)
I am not a fan of them. I venture to guess that few of them will reach the quality that they are fantasized with on these cards.

And while I agree with this, there are some "projections" that seem very much within grasp and others that are off the charts unrealistic. If there are seasons by Warren Spahn and Mel Ott and Wade Boggs that are only gold level, projections for players being easy diamonds to me is a stretch at best. I don't think there are any Babe Ruths or Ted Williams level future stars right now - or at least this many that can be talked about this way.

Orcin 05-13-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunzie (Post 4487793)
I don't think there are any Babe Ruths or Ted Williams level future stars right now - or at least this many that can be talked about this way.

So wait... you don't think that Vlad Guerrero Jr. will be the greatest RH hitter of all-time? ;)

Dunzie 05-13-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin (Post 4487830)
So wait... you don't think that Vlad Guerrero Jr. will be the greatest RH hitter of all-time? ;)

I stand to be proven wrong. :laugh:

So far, based on his MLB intro year... ummmmm... well.....

It's all about the recovery. That's what I tell the missus too... :o

One Great Matrix 05-15-2019 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folderol (Post 4487719)

Thanks!

My guess:

FUTURE Legend.
Future projections. Probably optimistic... I don't know, there aren't a ton of them but you know...some just don't pan out, so optimistic may not be the precise word.
But as they bring back to peak form a player from the past they can have some fun with creating a player that hasn't really yet done it on the MLB Level based on scouting and minor league performance. For example, I have Francisco Mejia's future which is overall rated about 22 points higher than his present and that's partially based on his 50 game hitting streak in minor league ball.