OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3913)
-   -   National teams? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=276206)

Jonesey 03-27-2017 04:06 PM

National teams?

I've searched but I cannot find a way to manage a national team. Please tell me there's a way even if it means creating an additional GM and assigning him to that team.

Adam B 03-27-2017 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesey (Post 4176550)
I've searched but I cannot find a way to manage a national team. Please tell me there's a way even if it means creating an additional GM and assigning him to that team.

In FHM3, you have to be offered the job to manage the team. If you've picked Canada/USA/Sweden, etc - it can take a long time to gain the needed experience to get the job. You can help build up though by adding a second nationality and maybe take over a lower ranked country for a while.

Jonesey 03-27-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam B (Post 4176810)
In FHM3, you have to be offered the job to manage the team. If you've picked Canada/USA/Sweden, etc - it can take a long time to gain the needed experience to get the job. You can help build up though by adding a second nationality and maybe take over a lower ranked country for a while.

Well that's quite disappointing. Hopefully the option is added for FHM 4.

idio3 04-24-2017 12:49 PM

In my Dinamo Minsk game, the OG qualifications were clearly broken - while my team had a "break" for the tournament (I'm guessing due to the fact that the arena was used for it) - none of my players were called up. This is nuts! The main reason for Dinamo's existence is to be the "base" club for the national team (same with the equivalent teams in Latvia and Kazakhstan). For the KHL players to miss these extremely important (for their national teams) games is unbelievable. Please try to fix it.

PS. Please do add EHT and EHC sometime soon. Right now national teams seem to be half-baked. It can't be that hard to add, and they were fully included in the NHL:EHM ages ago...

Sebastian Palkowski 04-24-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idio3 (Post 4189551)
PS. Please do add EHT and EHC sometime soon.

The 4 EHT tournaments are already implemented in FHM 4. What is the EHC?

idio3 04-25-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 4189561)
The 4 EHT tournaments are already implemented in FHM 4. What is the EHC?

Wrong-ish acronym, sorry. I meant, of course, Euro Ice Hockey Challenge (EIHC). It's basically EHT for countries outside the European "Big 4", though the "Big 4" sometimes does take part (Belarus played Sweden in my hometown - Grodno on Friday as part of EIHC).

EIHC is quite key for second tier teams to have some games to play over the course of the year.

peter. 04-28-2017 09:32 AM

Maybe there should be an option that you want to start your career as a coach on international level. With some U18 team and work your way up to be the coach of the A-team

idio3 04-29-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter. (Post 4190975)
Maybe there should be an option that you want to start your career as a coach on international level. With some U18 team and work your way up to be the coach of the A-team

Please name one example of that happening in real life ;).

Actually, I think this isn't implemented mostly because it would be booooooring right now. Without as much as EHT, national teams have 1 (one) tournament most years...