OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   Season 9 (2027) General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303405)

Orcin 05-20-2019 11:45 AM

Season 9 (2027) General Discussion

Another week... another shuffle of the pitching rotation. I kicked perfect Carl Hubbell to the AH after he went 0-3 with a 7+ ERA in the playoffs. I replaced him with 98 Hubbell, gaining 125K points in the transactions. I also dumped 98 Don Sutton, who was very underwhelming in his half season of work, pocketing another 125K in points. For now, my rotation includes Rick Reuschel or Gary Peters in the fifth hole, but that 250k is burning a hole in my digital pocket. I am looking for a top 10 pitcher to push everyone down a rung and get Peters/Reuschel back in the bullpen as I originally intended.

Maybe someday I will focus on the offense. :)

Edster007 05-20-2019 11:55 AM

Welcome to season 9. This season my league has only two divisions, does anyone know how the wild card works or if there is one?

moalkha 05-20-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edster007 (Post 4490962)
Welcome to season 9. This season my league has only two divisions, does anyone know how the wild card works or if there is one?

The 2 division winners and the 2 teams with the best record go straight to the division series

Warhawk 05-20-2019 12:21 PM

Well, 2 of the teams in my division have a combined 11 non-perfect cards, and 7 of those are relievers. Should probably just start doing some position training right off the bat, really.

moalkha 05-20-2019 12:25 PM

Orcin, it looks like one of my teams is always in a league with you, and this is Great Lake's turn yet again.

Good luck for the upcoming season.

joehart 05-20-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin (Post 4490957)
Another week... another shuffle of the pitching rotation. I kicked perfect Carl Hubbell to the AH after he went 0-3 with a 7+ ERA in the playoffs. I replaced him with 98 Hubbell, gaining 125K points in the transactions. I also dumped 98 Don Sutton, who was very underwhelming in his half season of work, pocketing another 125K in points. For now, my rotation includes Rick Reuschel or Gary Peters in the fifth hole, but that 250k is burning a hole in my digital pocket. I am looking for a top 10 pitcher to push everyone down a rung and get Peters/Reuschel back in the bullpen as I originally intended.

Maybe someday I will focus on the offense. :)

Same problem with Sutton. However, Perfect Hubbel has been my worst nightmare. He always manages to go deep with just a single run against my team. Too bad he failed you during the playoffs.

You should ask Kushiel how he manages to keep Perfect Gooden doing so well for him. When we were in the same league, he won Pitcher or the Year and he keeps his BB/9 much lower than I have ever been able to do.

I picked up 99 Walter Johnson a while back and so far so good. He is a bit of a step down from the Perfect card but has done fairly well as a Diamond addition to the roster.
Good luck in the new season.

Orcin 05-20-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joehart (Post 4490977)
I picked up 99 Walter Johnson a while back and so far so good. He is a bit of a step down from the Perfect card but has done fairly well as a Diamond addition to the roster.
Good luck in the new season.

I have been looking for this card, but he apparently doesn't stay on the AH very long. Good luck to you also.

Great Lakes is doing really well as a RH team in a RH park. We both have tough roads but I hope to visit your ballpark in October!

moalkha 05-20-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joehart (Post 4490977)
You should ask Kushiel how he manages to keep Perfect Gooden doing so well for him. When we were in the same league, he won Pitcher or the Year and he keeps his BB/9 much lower than I have ever been able to do.

How low do you consider a good BB rate for Perfect Gooden?
Mine has a career (8 seasons) BB/9 of 3.4, which I consider right for his ratings, and that value has been fairly consistent through the years.

During the same time frame Van Mungo has the same BB/9, so I think they are both playing right to their value, considering they also had the same Catcher (88 Ivan Rodriguez), for the entire span.

On another team I have Perfect Ryan playing with a less defensive Cather, and during a 7 season span he has a BB/9 of 4.1

Since all those players are basically equal, the only thing I see that can drive BB/9 down is the catcher's ability

Westheim 05-20-2019 01:02 PM

It's only the second game of the year and the Coons have already been one-hit! :rolleyes:

All is well in Portland...

joehart 05-20-2019 01:04 PM

Your numbers seem right and about what I saw on Kushiels team (it has been two seasons). I don’t believe I ever got him below 4 with the same catcher and no „high walk“ strategy.
I will have to check when I am back.

PocketsAintFull 05-20-2019 01:06 PM

Good Luck Everyone :woohoo:

Westheim 05-20-2019 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nevermind, I'm good.

PocketsAintFull 05-20-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westheim (Post 4491000)
Nevermind, I'm good.

He's throwing the ball straight at Lewis Brinson! :ohmy:

Westheim 05-20-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull (Post 4491004)
He's throwing the ball straight at Lewis Brinson! :ohmy:

...and that would be the most damage the Mets would have done to the Marlins the last few days...

PocketsAintFull 05-20-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westheim (Post 4491005)
...and that would be the most damage the Mets would have done to the Marlins the last few days...

Yikes :o

Westheim 05-20-2019 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I broke the game.

(These are consecutive packs, mind)

PocketsAintFull 05-20-2019 01:23 PM

Holy Moly! Yeah you're good until PT '21 now.

PocketsAintFull 05-20-2019 01:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My teams for this season - let's go win some baseball games! :woohoo:

Painter's Wife's Islanders (all-NL team) in Silver .266

Sannikov Land Stunners (all-AL team) in Gold .327

Uecker's Underdogs (UH, OHW, RS, Bob) in Gold .310

waittilnextyear 05-20-2019 06:27 PM

This is the Frogs' inaugural season at Perfect level so I'm not expecting much other than a learning experience. It is cool noticing some familiar squads from the forums here in P411. For example, I recognize the Auburn Doubledays (was in a league with them at gold level), Washington Lyin Cheatin Senators, and the Evergreen Forest Raccoons from these forums.

Within my NL Central division, I'd estimate that my team is about 3rd/4th best out of 5 teams. The Winterfell Direwolves (why are there so many teams with that name? I feel like I've seen half a dozen of these lol) appear strongest and the Brooklyn Scumbags are probably 2nd best. Then, it's my Frogs, the Cuyahoga Falls Riverfronts, and Bloomington Sluggers all having strengths and weaknesses, but probably in a race for 3rd.

Now I'll probably spend the next hour or two looking at the teams in P411 and trying to figure them out!

pappyzan 05-20-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin (Post 4490957)
I also dumped 98 Don Sutton, who was very underwhelming in his half season of work, pocketing another 125K in points.

Added Orcin's Sutton card and moved 97 Lincecum to the bullpen. Tweaked ballpark factors a little. Other than that, left the rest of the roster as is unless a great deal on a SP works out later this week.