OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   Promotion/Relegation numbers still low? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303390)

PocketsAintFull 05-19-2019 03:42 PM

Promotion/Relegation numbers still low?

4 up and 2 down doesn't leave a lot of room for movement :p

My Silver team are my best team, and can't go up because they're apparently terrified of Divisional Series :laugh:

I don't want to start a big argument about it, but I was hoping PT '20 would have more in the way of movement about it. 6 each way seems like a minimum, and frankly I wouldn't mind seeing 8 each way - even that leaves 14 teams staying each season.

atabakin 05-19-2019 03:53 PM

I don't know what is considered to be the upper limit on the number of threads on this exact topic saying the exact same thing, but it appears we haven't reached it yet.

Orcin 05-19-2019 03:57 PM

I long for the old days when the mods would just merge this into one super-thread.

Chico Guilbault 05-19-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atabakin (Post 4490620)
I don't know what is considered to be the upper limit on the number of threads on this exact topic saying the exact same thing, but it appears we haven't reached it yet.

From what I understand, everything is capped at 8 :laugh:

PocketsAintFull 05-19-2019 04:01 PM

Thanks for your helpful and clever responses, give yourselves a pat on the back :woohoo:

PocketsAintFull 05-19-2019 04:05 PM

Writes polite thread asking a question after playing PT since ‘19 beta, with no clear answer or communication from developers on the issue - gets sarcastic response :laugh:

GG guys :woohoo:

Rain King 05-19-2019 04:26 PM

This topic has been discussed fairly thoroughly in other threads, which has been alluded to.

My opinion is that 6 would be a good number. The "final four" plus the next highest win total in each league.

HiDesertAce 05-19-2019 04:28 PM

there was just a response from devs that they continue to have internal discussions about this and they thanked the community for feedback. that was on friday.

i believe they are aware of the unhappiness many players are expressing. just not sure that they can do anything about it now without upsetting some ppl.

but if you can't get out of silver season after season in playoffs. you might want to consider changing your strategy.

Goliathus 05-19-2019 04:31 PM

The people replying to you sarcastically are not trying to intentionally be a D(or maybe they are, not like I know). It's just that there are already multiple topics about this recently, including one that has been locked by the devs so it's already discussed to the death.

PocketsAintFull 05-19-2019 04:34 PM

Thank you for those two responses, that was really all I was looking for :)

PocketsAintFull 05-19-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goliathus (Post 4490636)
The people replying to you sarcastically are not trying to intentionally be a D(or maybe they are, not like I know). It's just that there are already multiple topics about this recently, including one that has been locked by the devs so it's already discussed to the death.

I appreciate that can happen yeah, I just think it’s too easy for people to dismiss things rudely these days, though that would be a larger discussion than the OOTP forums :p

Anyway never mind, I’ll leave it there - it was just a lingering point of frustration in the game that I’m hoping will change at some point, that’s all.

pgjocki 05-19-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atabakin (Post 4490620)

I'm thinking about starting one tomorrow but with a twist - I'm going to argue that too many teams get promoted without merit and that it should cost $9.99 to move up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

neugey 05-19-2019 05:40 PM

I don't mind the extra thread. We'll see what happens. There has been more promotions so far than I thought they'd do, but perhaps they wanted to give people a few months to buy the game and get their initial team situated before they tighten down the pro/rel structure.

daves 05-19-2019 08:20 PM

With the numbers so low, time to start friends leagues! (Said in a different post as well) :rolleyes:

If the devs were to increase the relegation and promotions to 8, please do it in version 1.0 first. then we can see how well it works. (Also said in several different threads)

Awww. just adding to the post count by post the same comments about the same thing with no change. :D

herbyhancok 05-20-2019 04:42 AM

More movement both ways seems like a good thing, because it seems like there's a lot of bad teams in diamond even. At the same time, if you have three teams and can't get past gold it's probably time to take a hard look at your approach. From my experience so far, with the right strategy and an average time investment there's no reason you can't get to perfect or at least diamond in fairly short order with $0.

HRBaker 05-20-2019 10:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a sample of why there is so much disparity between teams as you move up levels. This league promoted 3 weaker teams over 2 others - one of which had an RDiff of +21. With playoff winners being regularly promoted to higher levels while whales remain behind, it's a foregone conclusion there will be more disparity at each level than should be.

Here's a suggestion for the Devs to consider...

1. Promotion/Relegation is based on either W/L record, RDiff, or PytRcd, or some combination of all three.

2. World Series winners get 3 regular packs plus League Crown

3. Sub-Division winners get 2 regular packs plus Conference Title

4. Division winners get 1 regular pack plus Division Flag

PocketsAintFull 05-20-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbyhancok (Post 4490877)
More movement both ways seems like a good thing, because it seems like there's a lot of bad teams in diamond even. At the same time, if you have three teams and can't get past gold it's probably time to take a hard look at your approach. From my experience so far, with the right strategy and an average time investment there's no reason you can't get to perfect or at least diamond in fairly short order with $0.

Oh yeah, I wasn't saying the game was being unfair on my teams in general. If anything one of my Gold teams is above it's head :laugh:

acclaim99 05-20-2019 01:39 PM

I guess going 114-48, isn't enough to get bumped up out of bronze.

camonroe 05-20-2019 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by acclaim99 (Post 4491018)
I guess going 114-48, isn't enough to get bumped up out of bronze.

Nor is winning 265 games in 2 years :D

Sometime the playoffs gods are not on your side.

Findest2001 05-20-2019 02:52 PM

I just went 117-45 in my iron league and lost in the DS. Still in Iron even though I dominated every single power ranking all year by 5-12 points.