OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 15 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3876)
-   -   Potential Bug (Trades) (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=245615)

GosoxJ 07-03-2014 05:36 PM

Potential Bug (Trades)

It may be because I'm relatively new to game and may have missed something, but I've encountered an odd issue in my league. It appears that every time I agree to a trade where another team is supposed to send me money, I never receive it.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue, or if there's a simple fix, but any help you could offer would be appreciated. At this point, the other teams owe me well over $25m that I would really like to have.

endgame 07-03-2014 05:47 PM

Where are you looking to determine whether you've received it?

GosoxJ 07-03-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by endgame (Post 3716390)
Where are you looking to determine whether you've received it?

In the Projected Budget Room. The trade summary says it should shift our projected budget room by X and theirs by X. However, after completing the trade both remain the same. I have also tried waiting a few days as well to see if there's any processing delays (I believe trades with over $1m trading hands are supposed to be approved by the Commissioner's Office IRL), but the result has been the same.

endgame 07-03-2014 05:59 PM

Wish I could remember exactly, but on the financial page far right, toward the upper corner there's a line that read Cash from Trades....can you find that and see if there's any entry in it?

GosoxJ 07-03-2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by endgame (Post 3716394)
Wish I could remember exactly, but on the financial page far right, toward the upper corner there's a line that read Cash from Trades....can you find that and see if there's any entry in it?

I was able to find it. It does show their being a fairly sizable sum of money there and it appears that my projected final balance is very much in the green. So I guess I did receive it then. Thanks for that.

Now I'm just kind of wondering why the money acquired from trades hasn't affected the projected budget room at all.

Bluenoser 07-03-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GosoxJ (Post 3716399)
I was able to find it. It does show their being a fairly sizable sum of money there and it appears that my projected final balance is very much in the green. So I guess I did receive it then. Thanks for that.

Now I'm just kind of wondering why the money acquired from trades hasn't affected the projected budget room at all.

It's quite possible the owner is pocketing it as profit rather than adding it to the budget. Check your budget again at the end of the year, 2 days after WS ends (year end updates are done) and see what it says then.

GosoxJ 07-03-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenoser (Post 3716415)
It's quite possible the owner is pocketing it as profit rather than adding it to the budget. Check your budget again at the end of the year, 2 days after WS ends (year end updates are done) and see what it says then.

Okay, I didn't realize that could happen. I expected better of you, John Henry.

Thanks for the info; I'll pay attention to how it shapes up at the end of the year.

RchW 07-03-2014 07:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GosoxJ (Post 3716393)
In the Projected Budget Room. The trade summary says it should shift our projected budget room by X and theirs by X. However, after completing the trade both remain the same. I have also tried waiting a few days as well to see if there's any processing delays (I believe trades with over $1m trading hands are supposed to be approved by the Commissioner's Office IRL), but the result has been the same.

Cash from trades is accounted for in a line on the finances page. See the screenshot.

GosoxJ 07-03-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RchW (Post 3716449)
Cash from trades is accounted for in a line on the finances page. See the screenshot.

Yeah, I was able to find that and there is money there. I think my confusion stems more from this:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...nfirmation.png

It clearly says that the money would affect the potential budgets, but after the trade was completed the projected budgets did not change for either team, hence my initial conclusion that it was not functioning properly.

I'm honestly still inclined to say that something isn't quite right, though it may just be my interpretation of the trade summary dialogue.

Fyrestorm3 07-03-2014 08:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GosoxJ (Post 3716456)
I'm honestly still inclined to say that something isn't quite right, though it may just be my interpretation of the trade summary dialogue.

It's admittedly a bit confusing. See, the cash you have on hand impacts your ability to sign free agents, so technically yes, getting cash in a trade will increase your budget room. However, the game only takes cash into account AFTER it calculates the budget room that you see on the Finances screen:

Attachment 347849

For example, this team's just over-budget by about $400K. The only way that could change is if they lowered their expenses (via getting rid of a player, spending less on scouting, etc). But then, the $2M cash they have on hand is added to their balance, and it puts them into the green. If they went out and made a trade that got them some more cash (assuming the contracts of the traded players are equal), their projected budget room wouldn't change, but their available funds would still go up when the cash is factored in.

The Wolf 07-03-2014 09:11 PM

I had a heckuva time figuring all this out myself. It wasn't exactly intuitive.

Amazin69 01-16-2015 04:44 PM

Bumping this thread rather than creating a new one, because my issue is tangentially connected, if probably unrelated.

And it's much simpler; I can't get the game to add cash to either side of any trade, regardless of the team's budget situation. I can never get the cursor to click in the "add cash" box in the trade window.

I guess I could be doing something wrong but I don't see how. Is this a previously-reported bug?

(MacBook Pro [2012], Intel Core i5 processor. OS X 10.9.4, "Mavericks". OOTP 15, Winter edition.)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh, fedge! Just saw the sticky about not posting bug reports in the general forum. Sorry about that, I had Googled "ootp 15 add cash to trade" and this thread came up, and I didn't check to see if it was in the proper forum. Many, many apologies. :(

OakDragon 01-16-2015 05:33 PM

IIRC, adding cash to trades is an option in League Setup under Finances. You might want to make sure it's turned on.

edit: Getting off my butt and checking... hmm, I thought it was an option, but I can't find it.