OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3944)
-   -   P407 - Season 2039 (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=302464)

joehart 04-22-2019 12:49 PM

P407 - Season 2039

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

A new season is upon us. Most of the teams look familiar and we have our defending champion (Rocky Point Zorros) back with us in the American league.
A quick look at the divisions:

AC West (5 PL titles):

This looks like a tough division with several playoff/wildcard teams from prior years:
San Diego Chargers, Florida Phoenix, and the Base Thieves.
I would not be surprised to see a 3 team fight between those teams all the way to the last month.

AC Central (6 PL titles):
Congrats on the 4th championship...but now the Zorros play on our turf in the American division.
Another division filled with playoff contenders from prior years (McLean Scots, Cincinnati Redlegs, and Rocky Point Zorros)

AC East:
A division with no prior PL league titles but 7 Diamond league titles.
This is a new record. Good luck to all teams.

NC West:
Another division with no prior PL league titles.
In fact, I see 4 titles total across all leagues and years.
Great shuffle for the teams in that division.

NC Central (3 PL titles all coming from the ASMS Dragons):
I am glad I don't have to battle the Central Falcons for a third year.
This time they get to enjoy the Dragons funky park setup.
Good luck to the new teams shuffled into our league.

NC East: (3 PL titles all from the Meltdown team)
I wish I was in this division. The Meltdown elimited me last season.
Too bad I don't get a chance to face them early on in the playoffs.
Also in the league are the Oakland keys and several new teams that were not with us last season.

Good luck to everyone.

CrazyWR 04-22-2019 01:01 PM

well looks like I'm back with the same crew, the NC West doesn't look as challenging as some of these other divisions so thats promising. We'll see how the season goes. The goal once again remains .500.

joehart 04-22-2019 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
On a separate note, here is a team in my league in PT20.
Take a look at the pitching...that is about as good as you can get.

5 amazing Starters. In fact he lowest Movement comes from Perfect Pedro.
Thank god the defensive park helps Pedro so he does not get lid up :D

This will be a fun competition....I am glad I landed in this league to really gauge my team and find the holes in my lineup.

I just feel bad for all the teams that won't have any chance of getting past them.

Orcin 04-22-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joehart (Post 4478473)
On a separate note, here is a team in my league in PT20.
Take a look at the pitching...that is about as good as you can get.

You could have that staff for $1500. ;)

joehart 04-22-2019 02:15 PM

Maybe it is just me but the better my team is the less I enjoy the wins.

I already feel like I enjoy checking the PT19 competition with Zorro and others more than PT20.

Hopefully once the league settles and there are other competitions and more board traffic it gets more exciting again.

CrazyWR 04-22-2019 03:00 PM

my team in PT20 just hit perfect this year (2nd season with perfect leagues) and um...we'll be lucky to get 50-60 wins. I think my dad said the other 4 teams in the division COMBINED have 13 gold cards on their rosters between them. I forgot how cutthroat the race to perfect was, it is going to be rough. That roster up there would fit RIGHT in.

On a side note...am I the only one who uses 20-80 ratings rather than 1-100?

Zorro 04-22-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joehart (Post 4478508)
Maybe it is just me but the better my team is the less I enjoy the wins.

I already feel like I enjoy checking the PT19 competition with Zorro and others more than PT20.

Hopefully once the league settles and there are other competitions and more board traffic it gets more exciting again.

I see what you mean. That pitching staff is unbelievable. Is that Cy Young Card as strong as it looks? Everyone of those starters puts Perfect Pedro in 19 to shame. All those pitchers with Stuff and Movement not to mention control. How many pitches does Young throw. If it is not to hard to do can you show me the inside of his card? I just want to see how many pitches he throws and what numbers they each have on the pitches. My staff is wonderful in 19 but they are hitable (Spelling?) I would think his pitching staff is unhitable?

Zorro 04-22-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joehart (Post 4478463)
Hi everyone,

A new season is upon us. Most of the teams look familiar and we have our defending champion (Rocky Point Zorros) back with us in the American league.
A quick look at the divisions:

AC West (5 PL titles):

This looks like a tough division with several playoff/wildcard teams from prior years:
San Diego Chargers, Florida Phoenix, and the Base Thieves.
I would not be surprised to see a 3 team fight between those teams all the way to the last month.

AC Central (6 PL titles):
Congrats on the 4th championship...but now the Zorros play on our turf in the American division.
Another division filled with playoff contenders from prior years (McLean Scots, Cincinnati Redlegs, and Rocky Point Zorros)

AC East:
A division with no prior PL league titles but 7 Diamond league titles.
This is a new record. Good luck to all teams.

NC West:
Another division with no prior PL league titles.
In fact, I see 4 titles total across all leagues and years.
Great shuffle for the teams in that division.

NC Central (3 PL titles all coming from the ASMS Dragons):
I am glad I don't have to battle the Central Falcons for a third year.
This time they get to enjoy the Dragons funky park setup.
Good luck to the new teams shuffled into our league.

NC East: (3 PL titles all from the Meltdown team)
I wish I was in this division. The Meltdown elimited me last season.
Too bad I don't get a chance to face them early on in the playoffs.
Also in the league are the Oakland keys and several new teams that were not with us last season.

Good luck to everyone.

Great job again my friend on the review. 😁

Zorro 04-22-2019 03:10 PM

I hate being in the same Conference as The Base Thieves. There goes our goal of playing each other for the Title. We have traded Championships the last two seasons and now it looks like if we want to win a Championship we will have to through each other in The Conference Championship. Damn....

Zorro 04-22-2019 03:12 PM

Well I get home and we are 4-4. I have no idea why and now before I can find out we have to take a friend out for a early birthday diner. I can’t wait to get back home to analyze why the slow start. I hope by the time I get home we aren’t out of it. Thank goodness it is only Monday or April. Lol...

joehart 04-22-2019 05:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorro (Post 4478528)
I see what you mean. That pitching staff is unbelievable. Is that Cy Young Card as strong as it looks? Everyone of those starters puts Perfect Pedro in 19 to shame. All those pitchers with Stuff and Movement not to mention control. How many pitches does Young throw. If it is not to hard to do can you show me the inside of his card? I just want to see how many pitches he throws and what numbers they each have on the pitches. My staff is wonderful in 19 but they are hitable (Spelling?) I would think his pitching staff is unhitable?

there you go...

That team is actually only in 2nd place. this team from 3rd place kept taking games from him.

joehart 04-22-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyWR (Post 4478527)
my team in PT20 just hit perfect this year (2nd season with perfect leagues) and um...we'll be lucky to get 50-60 wins. I think my dad said the other 4 teams in the division COMBINED have 13 gold cards on their rosters between them. I forgot how cutthroat the race to perfect was, it is going to be rough. That roster up there would fit RIGHT in.

On a side note...am I the only one who uses 20-80 ratings rather than 1-100?

20-80 or 1-20 in the regular game but I left it on 1-100 for PT.
It took a few days to get used to at the very beginning but the extra detail is helpful when comparing players.

Kushiel 04-23-2019 07:51 AM

I changed the regular game to 1-100 to match PT so my poor old brain stays focused on the same number set better.

joehart 04-24-2019 03:04 AM

I found it weird to switch back and forth when you have a good team in PT.
I have to keep reminding myself not to get rid of my players just because they would not even make my reserve roster in PT.

It helps to use a totally different system (1-20).

joehart 04-24-2019 03:13 AM

So how is everyone doing in their leagues?

Maybe we should post our standings to get some traffic going. It is so quiet with Zorro taking a day off.

My Base Thieves are having a hard time this season. Two bad days in a row and suddenly I find myself 7-8 games back in the division and 4-5 in the wild card race.
It is painful to watch when your pitchers are all cold and giving up lots of runs.
It usually does not last the entire season so hopefully tomorrow is the day we climb back into the race.

PT20 is better but I am having a hard time against the teams with 3-4 of the top 5 pitchers in the game.
With some of the defensive increases in some of the perfect players, it feels more difficult against the whales with 15-20 perfect cards.

Kushiel 04-24-2019 06:08 AM

In P400, the Yaks have a 61/2 game lead in the AC East thanks mostly to a current 12 game win streak. The dismal play of the Yaks at the end of last season continued through the first month this season. The pitching staff, as others have also noted, has been borderline ludicrous. If we had not scored the most runs in the league, I cringe at where we may stand.

Dunzie 04-24-2019 06:46 AM

I had all three teams in various perfect leagues sitting at around .500 when I went to bed last night, and seems they all lost every game after I did, and none are even at .500 any more. Yikes. Rough week so far. Not looking like there's playoff aspirations for any of them this week. Hopefully don't slip too far into relegation territory!

Zorro 04-24-2019 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Standings

Zorro 04-24-2019 08:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wild card race

Zorro 04-24-2019 08:22 AM

I am not feeling well and it is starting to show in my team. I just don’t have any energy. I made a few moves and I hope that helps. If that does not help my streak of playoffs could end this week. Thank goodness today we have a lot of home games. I do not need to fill out a lot of 7 days lineups. Good news for me is the away games today are all in neutral parks. I usually like to do a 7 day lineup according to parks or players cold spells or who is pitching but I just don’t have the energy to do that so I got a gift today with the parks .Just have to hope any cold players will be playing or pitching against weak teams...🤞