OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Database Tools (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3633)
-   -   Spritze DB's for OOTP11 (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=195144)

Spritze 04-09-2010 06:28 PM

Spritze DB's for OOTP11

Since gamers keep asking what the heck a modded db is here is very short answer. There are about 92,000 player seasons in the standard Lahman db and about 410,000 in the Spritze db. Therefore you get a much fuller roster of players and seasons that will appear in OOTP.

Since I have been really enjoying reading about the new draft stuff in OOTP11 the first db will be a historical high-school db. By that I mean all the real-life players in the db will be draftable at age 18 (or sooner if they are high school drop-outs?). Some you won't be able to sign and they will mosey off to college, some will enter your minor league system. This gives historical gamers a chance to sign a Lou Gehrig direct from High School instead of from the college ranks as happened IRL.

This means drafting will be a semi-required non-optional option that must be used with this db, you will just have to see if you can do a better job of putting together an organization than the AI can. If you decide not to enable the draft all the players will become free agents instead and then you can scout and bid on them as was done back in the pre-draft era.

I am presently unbugging this db as I get time. Once unbugged I'll make it available shortly after the game is released.

The stats included will be the Real and Neutralized files for Major Leaguers and Major League Equivalences for negro leaguers, minor leaguers and foreign players.

szathkey 04-10-2010 04:16 PM

I cannot even convey how excited this makes me...

kagnew35 04-12-2010 05:34 AM

Sounds like the best of all DB's. great work. spritze

hfield007 04-12-2010 05:48 AM

Too excited for this, HURRY HURRY HURRY! =]

Spritze 04-12-2010 10:43 PM

It seems to be working fine in testing therefore I'll be releaseing two versions, one with asian players (Japanese and Korean Professional Leagues) as well as the North American players and one without them. First up is the one with everybody in the pool.

The file is compiled into a historical db file like OOTP uses instead of Lahman files. That means you can start in any year you choose and also import history if you wish to.

Message me your e-mail address and I'll tell you where to get it. Eventually it will be on the Padres Fan's site. I'll send him an e-mail today that it is available.

kagnew35 04-12-2010 11:15 PM

db

PM sent, ty , ty, ty

kagnew35 04-13-2010 11:36 AM

spritze, how do you suggest we set up our leagues, in regards to minors, and feeders. I started a 1935 lg and have 117 minor leaguers on my red sox roster. So looks like 4 levels of minors is needed, how many feeders do you suggest?

Spritze 04-13-2010 09:04 PM

I use all the levels and fill with fictional players.

kagnew35 04-14-2010 12:28 AM

Why use any fictional players and what about using feeders? Won't the young players be run thru them?

Rainers 04-15-2010 03:15 AM

Spritze,

Can you eventually do a separate KBO and Nippon db for those of us that have both leagues in our universe?

Rainers

Spritze 04-15-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainers (Post 2947323)
Spritze,

Can you eventually do a separate KBO and Nippon db for those of us that have both leagues in our universe?

Rainers

Those are part of the plan that I have just recently finished planning. So pretty soon. Since I planned ahead that means I don't have to do anything at all right now. That's a pretty good plan, that planning ahead plan.

kagnew35 04-15-2010 12:25 PM

Spritze, when will the MLB only db be ready, and how do feeder leagues work, will they be filled from your db? How many do you suggest?

Cooleyvol 04-15-2010 12:35 PM

Does this require us to draft historical players straight from HS? What if we want them as with your most recent db?

Spritze 04-15-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kagnew35 (Post 2947530)
Spritze, when will the MLB only db be ready, and how do feeder leagues work, will they be filled from your db? How many do you suggest?

MLB only and Japan and Korea db's are done, I'm just too busy at work to get them compiled. Best guess is Sunday.

Spritze 04-15-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooleyvol (Post 2947534)
Does this require us to draft historical players straight from HS? What if we want them as with your most recent db?

The standard Spritze db is also done but not compiled. Sunday as well?

The new Spritze High School db does create everyone upon their high school graduation. That is what makes it different than the regular Spritze db.

Sounds like I'll be a busy bee on Sunday. I'll be working at work all day Saturday, well, maybe not working but at least getting paid. I like the getting paid part more than the working part but quite often they seem to be attached at the hip.

kagnew35 04-15-2010 02:55 PM

ok, thanks, impatiently waiting. Will you have a read me on the best way to set up leagues with feeders. How will the db work with them?

Spritze 04-15-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kagnew35 (Post 2947672)
ok, thanks, impatiently waiting. Will you have a read me on the best way to set up leagues with feeders. How will the db work with them?

I do not use feeders personally so I do not know. I sign players as best I can to minor league contracts after they graduate high school.

bubba22plus 04-15-2010 09:31 PM

Can you tell me what id Eiji Sawamura is, and what years he comes in at?

It seems to have changed from the 10.4 database, because i entered SawamEi95 and 1936 as the base year and i got a failed import message.

Spritze 04-15-2010 10:02 PM

Some things were changed during the merge with Gambo's db. This might be 1 of them. There is a master.zip file at the ftp site to answer the very question you posit. Go git'er.

ejbucs 04-16-2010 01:57 PM

How does it select the players for the initial season? I got some interesting results for an 1901 season load.