OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FOF - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3878)
-   -   Madden 19 (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=294032)

Mark82 11-02-2018 06:53 PM

Madden 19

Should I go pick up madden or keep waiting?
I have not played since 17 but I heard it got better reviews this year!

xColton 11-02-2018 09:51 PM

Got Origin Premium because I'm in the same situation. Waiting for FOF 9 because I want a great football sim, but I desperately wanted to scratch my football itch. Only option was Madden. Gotta say it may be better than last year, but not by much. The game is completely dominated by animations, and weird animations happen nearly every play. After a month of playing it sparingly, i'm done with madden. Game play just makes me angry and wishing for better football games.

MizzouRah 11-02-2018 11:23 PM

I haven't had this much fun with Madden since maybe the Sega Genesis days back when I was in the military. I'm pretty much on AP defaults and currently 8-6 with the Arizona Cardinals, playing every game. (Xbox One)

They have patched the heck out of the game and for me, it plays a very believable game of football. I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

vyshka 11-03-2018 09:48 PM

I also ended up with because I picked up origin premiere due to next Battlefield coming out soon. I was playing quite a bit of ultimate team for about a week, but it was acting up because it didn't like my Thrustmaster flight controllers being plugged in, and that broke the spell of me playing. I might spend some time with the franchise mode, but I'm probably done and will just go on playing Front Office Football.

Orioles1966 11-04-2018 01:25 PM

What's the most teams you can have with Madden 19?

Could you change the rules to turn it into a CFL type game?

vyshka 11-04-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orioles1966 (Post 4384451)

I haven't looked at it closely enough to say if it even allows you to run anything other than a regular NFL league in Franchise mode. I think when you select it, it has you pick a team that you will be playing.

polydamas 11-04-2018 05:37 PM

I sold it after a week. It's trash. I hate EA so much.

MizzouRah 11-04-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orioles1966 (Post 4384451)

I think there is 32 team control.

As far as other rules, only the NFL is replicated in Madden.

redfox000 11-05-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polydamas (Post 4384593)
I sold it after a week. It's trash. I hate EA so much.

Was excited when it came out for PC again...uninstalled it after a week...for the sim community this game is trash and the UI is horrendous.

dave1927p 11-05-2018 07:43 PM

madden's franchise mode is pretty decent. My only complaint is that it doesn't tell you in the players profile history stats page what team he played on each year - very basic info that EA sports never includes makes me frustrated...but overall it's good. I skipped the last 3 versions of the game.

MizzouRah 11-05-2018 08:07 PM

I'm 9-6 with the Cardinals after an OT win against the Rams. I absolutely love this game, it's been a lot of fun. We must win in Seattle and hope a team or two loses to have a chance at the playoffs.

Giants44 11-12-2018 06:59 PM

I am enjoying my madden PC coach only mode quite a bit.

some things that are still true but you just deal with:

- it has coach mode but it is still just "left in there" vs any real investment in the mode
- annoying that in coach mode you still need to manually control kickers
- annoying that in coach mode you can accidentally control a player, which leads to him doing nothing and almost always a disaster of a play for your team
- penalty sliders are again useless, year after year the promise realistic penalties and then even give us settings for "arcade" vs "sim" and yet you still see nothing close to realistic penalties no matter what you put the settings on

now some good news
- it looks amazing
- the franchise mode is not great, but it is good enough
- the playbooks are authentic, but a little repetitive.
- you can make your own playbook, but it is cumbersome
- results with the right slider tweaks are close to realistic
- players come close to performing to their ratings
- most important - it is pretty fun to play.

overall Best madden in years and I have bought ever single one since v1 and I have the floppy disk and copy protection wheel to prove it.

Still cant wait for the new OOTP\FOF game