OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   Scandal feature in OOTP 21 (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=309612)

ForeverRoyalKC 01-16-2020 04:17 PM

Scandal feature in OOTP 21

All NEW for OOTP 21!
Is your team being investigated by MLB? Announcing the newest feature in the Storylines! YOUR team could be accused of cheating after winning the World Series and then undergo investigation by MLB! Buzzers, video, cameras and trash cans are ALL options under the eye of MLB! Be weary and aware of winning the World Series! You never know when a source may accuse YOU of cheating! :rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh::p

Westheim 01-16-2020 04:52 PM

Won't be in the game for the same reason PED suspensions were yanked once OOTP obtained an official MLB licence.

CBeisbol 01-16-2020 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westheim (Post 4577928)
Won't be in the game for the same reason PED suspensions were yanked once OOTP obtained an official MLB licence.

It's weird that MLB was cool with suspensions for fighting though.

krownroyal83 01-16-2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBeisbol (Post 4577931)
It's weird that MLB was cool with suspensions for fighting though.

Fighting and cheating are on two different levels.

Brad K 01-16-2020 06:13 PM

Reminds me of the guy in the movie "Thank You For Smoking" who wanted cigarettes edited out of classic movies. He was accused of changing history and he responded "We're improving history".

TomVeal 01-16-2020 07:49 PM

What's really needed are options to have your team engage in conduct like stealing signs, hacking into other teams' computer systems, bugging visiting teams' locker rooms, etc. Or, for historical games, bribing players, throwing beer bottles at opposing outfielders, etc.

There would be a risk of getting caught, of course. For really egregious offenses, you would be banned from OOTP for life.

Roy Tucker 01-16-2020 08:24 PM

Couldn't you edit the storyline xml file and put this in.

Brad K 01-16-2020 09:35 PM

Well, MLB can't stop unofficial mods, can it?

Cryomaniac 01-17-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Tucker (Post 4577987)
Couldn't you edit the storyline xml file and put this in.

You can. It's a bit of an arse to do though.

BIG17EASY 01-17-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomVeal (Post 4577979)
What's really needed are options to have your team engage in conduct like stealing signs, hacking into other teams' computer systems, bugging visiting teams' locker rooms, etc. Or, for historical games, bribing players, throwing beer bottles at opposing outfielders, etc.

There would be a risk of getting caught, of course. For really egregious offenses, you would be banned from OOTP for life.

Don't forget beaver shooting. Fans of the book Ball Four will appreciate the art of beaver shooting.

AirmenSmith 01-17-2020 02:36 PM

I think the storyline feature kind of dropped off once the MLB license came through. I would imagine MLB has to approve each storyline.

Cryomaniac 01-19-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirmenSmith (Post 4578133)
I think the storyline feature kind of dropped off once the MLB license came through. I would imagine MLB has to approve each storyline.

More MLBPA, than the league itself, IIRC.

joefromchicago 01-19-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirmenSmith (Post 4578133)

I think it's more of a disapproval process than an approval process. MLB isn't saying "OK, that can go in." It's saying "no, that can't go in." In any case, the first level of filtering is the OOTP design team, not MLB. The league directives are pretty clear, so stories about drugs and cheating never even get written. I suppose if someone were motivated enough, they could edit in their own storylines about those things, but, as Cryomaniac pointed out, it's a pain in the butt to do that.