OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   20.4.40 - Hope Springs Eternal (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=303237)

Cobby 05-15-2019 04:18 PM

20.4.40 - Hope Springs Eternal

I just installed 20.4.40 and was disappointed to find that the issue with exporting data when the page selectors are showing (as opposed to scrollbars) still hasn't been fixed. You only get the first page when you export data instead of the whole data set.

I realize this is not an issue for most people - but for me it's vital. I have spreadsheets that I like to use when I play and when the dreaded page selectors appear it makes it nearly impossible to get the data into my spreadsheets. (note: filtering the data to include fewer records doesn't work since the page selectors appear based on the size of the unfiltered data set)

I have complained about this before and Markus himself told me that they plan to fix this.

But - here we are, multiple patches into version 20 and still no fix. Right now, I'm just looking for a little reassurance from the developers that this fix is still on the list for Version 20.

It doesn't seem like it would be too hard. I almost feel like volunteering to do it myself....

andyhdz 05-15-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobby (Post 4488870)
I just installed 20.4.40 and was disappointed to find that the issue with exporting data when the page selectors are showing (as opposed to scrollbars) still hasn't been fixed. You only get the first page when you export data instead of the whole data set.

I realize this is not an issue for most people - but for me it's vital. I have spreadsheets that I like to use when I play and when the dreaded page selectors appear it makes it nearly impossible to get the data into my spreadsheets. (note: filtering the data to include fewer records doesn't work since the page selectors appear based on the size of the unfiltered data set)

I have complained about this before and Markus himself told me that they plan to fix this.

But - here we are, multiple patches into version 20 and still no fix. Right now, I'm just looking for a little reassurance from the developers that this fix is still on the list for Version 20.

It doesn't seem like it would be too hard. I almost feel like volunteering to do it myself....

I'm sure it's on a list of long honey do's we've given Markus. Sorry but I'm pretty sure we can count on one hand the number of people that this really effects and believe me there are issues I wish that would get looked at (ex: association draft settings) that are in the same boat as yours.

starfox64 05-15-2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobby (Post 4488870)

I think the workaround is adding players into shortlists and then exporting that subset of data. Could be wrong but I think that's how I've gotten it to work in the past.