OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   Thanks (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=309694)

Tinkerman 01-21-2020 05:56 AM

Thanks

I just want to say a big thank you to anyone who has been listing auctions at sensible prices over the last couple of weeks. You've done your bit to keep the game moving for those that aren't quite at the perfect Pedro stage yet!

Ty Cobb 01-22-2020 10:12 PM

Too bad it's gone. There's a lunatic listing at 10-40 times what things have been costing now. Like all things, it'll pass when he realizes that someone will cut his throat price wise, and quickly.

Tinkerman 01-23-2020 03:48 AM

If you liken PT (or more specifically the AH) to a sand pit, there's a lot of people doing stuff in the sand that they shouldn't be at the moment, if you know what I mean...

I'm sure it's way off being realistic, but I'd love to see some kind of seller rating/ability to down vote an auction.

And something more durable than the L7 for recent transactions!!

Westheim 01-23-2020 04:11 AM

If you don't like an auction, don't bid on it, it's as easy as that. No need to start shaming people, probably by name, with an opaque system that will totally definitely absolutely never be abused by anybody ( :rolleyes: ), just because you don't like their ideas of pricing.

I need an (80) Peak Gwynn for the Padres collections. I might pay 5k just to get it over with. The next guy, who doesn't do the collection and would just like to have the card for his team, might find 5k outrageous. So is 5k a "good" or "bad" price now...?

Tinkerman 01-23-2020 04:29 AM

I'm fine at evaluating auctions, thanks.

So, if I was looking for Gwynn and the first one I saw listed in a few days was starting at 10k, BIN 20k, I'd be face palming (again) and sighing at the lack of cards to buy (again).

5k is within the realms of sensible - not what I'm talking about.

Tinkerman 01-23-2020 04:34 AM

I shouldn't have replied on this topic because it was supposed to just be a thank you!

dancariaz 01-23-2020 06:30 AM

I wish I wouldn't be so lazy to list my cards. I wanted to do it during the christmas holidays but it's so much work. It would probably take like 3 hours just to list all my cards at the 7 day average. I wish there was a system that would do that for you instead of you having to list everything one by one.

Ty Cobb 01-23-2020 10:10 AM

Wasn't advocating shaming or...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westheim (Post 4579526)
If you don't like an auction, don't bid on it, it's as easy as that. No need to start shaming people, probably by name, with an opaque system that will totally definitely absolutely never be abused by anybody ( :rolleyes: ), just because you don't like their ideas of pricing.

I need an (80) Peak Gwynn for the Padres collections. I might pay 5k just to get it over with. The next guy, who doesn't do the collection and would just like to have the card for his team, might find 5k outrageous. So is 5k a "good" or "bad" price now...?

growling about what a reasonable market would bear. Just started seeing low bronze cards that I picked up last week at 50-75 being listed for 4K+ and it irritated me. That's not what the market will bear. Time will heal it, and I have the stony patience of a serial killer when it comes to the AH (Maybe I should change my avatar to Hannibal Lecter?).

Now...the peak Gwynn card? That's a good card at any level, and worth pouring points into...as opposed to 4500 BIN for Andy Karl.

Also, your eyeball is WELL placed, sir! Hope life is treating you well.

Tinkerman 01-23-2020 12:47 PM

Hold up, who said anything about naming and shaming? The AH is anonymous anyway. I was thinking in terms of flagging "bad auctions" so new players wouldn't be duped and maybe reduce the amount of massively overpriced listings.

What Ty Cobb described has been all over the AH for 2 weeks. Obviously, that's gonna rapidly change tonight, so all good. But it just seems a bit crazy that the AH can get as out of wack as it has.

Anyway, good luck to anyone gunning for HOF cards later!

Westheim 01-23-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerman (Post 4580236)
Hold up, who said anything about naming and shaming? The AH is anonymous anyway. I was thinking in terms of flagging "bad auctions" so new players wouldn't be duped and maybe reduce the amount of massively overpriced listings.

Then I read too much into it, but it's also even of less value. Just more pointless bother for the developers. The moment I notice my raptorous auctions have been flagged I delete them and list them again. Nothing gained.

dkgo 01-23-2020 03:30 PM

Who determines what is overpriced or not? Anonymous flagging is a ridiculous suggestion that helps nothing. What a complete waste of time for the developers.

Sometimes you just need a collection piece or a premium card that doesn't come up often and don't want to have to keep searching for it, especially for people who can only log in once a day or so. Ultra patience will get you great deals but by the time you finish people have stopped playing the game.

If an auction is too expensive it just sits there and the seller never gets any PP out of it. Maybe if this was fifa and there were hundreds of copies of each card available it makes sense to prevent clogging with stupid listings but where is the real harm in one listing that you don't want to buy?

Tinkerman 01-23-2020 05:53 PM

Look, it was an off the cuff comment about a personal tweak that I might make if I could. Please forget it. The point of this thread is at the top and I should have left it at that.

drke 01-23-2020 11:06 PM

Don't present suggestions without thinking them through first, or you'll realize that someone will cut your throat. Not to kill you though. Just to make you feel bad for not coming up with a better idea.

Ty Cobb 01-24-2020 01:13 AM

Well, my example of overpriced stands...bought the card that someone had listed at 4K for 45 points. Chuckled all the way to the bank. Market forces...they work, God bless 'em!

Lemandria 01-24-2020 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty Cobb (Post 4580444)
Well, my example of overpriced stands...bought the card that someone had listed at 4K for 45 points. Chuckled all the way to the bank. Market forces...they work, God bless 'em!

Gladden lists for almost 4k these days. Sure you just didn't get a bottleneck card?

Oh, Andy Karl. nvm.