OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Auction House Forum (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3962)
-   -   Auction House Mass Speculation etc (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=302960)

waittilnextyear 05-06-2019 08:55 PM

Auction House Mass Speculation etc

I just want to register my annoyance at whomever it was that bought up/speculated on all the 78 and 79 silver cards and listed pages and pages of them on the auction house for sale at the same time. I don't think there's technically anything wrong here, but I think people can agree this is annoying to sort thru when browsing the AH.

Also wanted to reiterate my inability to speculate on cards myself. I'm clearly not trying to do volumes anywhere close to what I described above, but I bought a single 88/gold Willson Contreras card last night while watching the Cubs game. He's been nuclear hot this past week and I figured he'd be a shoo-in to go diamond. So, buy for ~2K and quick-sell for 4K was the gameplan. And he increased all the way up to...89? Again, I'm sure there's some algorithm, but I feel that Contreras should've got the bump to diamond for going 7/14 with 2 HR, 2 BB. Oh well, I suppose the sample size was just too small. Grumble grumble.

GlassGuyBob 05-07-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waittilnextyear (Post 4484847)
I suppose the sample size was just too small.

Yeah, that's it. However, don't be too impatient. It may only take another week for you to pay off. I'm sitting on two copies of Contreras and three Chris Paddack myself. But mostly I speculate on high silvers going to gold because it's the largest jump in quick sell prices.

Kumar 05-07-2019 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waittilnextyear (Post 4484847)
I just want to register my annoyance at whomever it was that bought up/speculated on all the 78 and 79 silver cards and listed pages and pages of them on the auction house for sale at the same time. I don't think there's technically anything wrong here, but I think people can agree this is annoying to sort thru when browsing the AH.

Also wanted to reiterate my inability to speculate on cards myself. I'm clearly not trying to do volumes anywhere close to what I described above, but I bought a single 88/gold Willson Contreras card last night while watching the Cubs game. He's been nuclear hot this past week and I figured he'd be a shoo-in to go diamond. So, buy for ~2K and quick-sell for 4K was the gameplan. And he increased all the way up to...89? Again, I'm sure there's some algorithm, but I feel that Contreras should've got the bump to diamond for going 7/14 with 2 HR, 2 BB. Oh well, I suppose the sample size was just too small. Grumble grumble.

In response to your annoying to sort through comment, type wond|rook|leg|all-s|recor|hero into the player name box when on the auction house and you can filter out live cards. It will at least eliminate the large amount of 78-79 Live cards you are seeing. It's probably not the ideal fix to your problem, but it should still help a little

waittilnextyear 05-08-2019 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumar (Post 4485281)
In response to your annoying to sort through comment, type wond|rook|leg|all-s|recor|hero into the player name box when on the auction house and you can filter out live cards. It will at least eliminate the large amount of 78-79 Live cards you are seeing. It's probably not the ideal fix to your problem, but it should still help a little

Good idea. Thanks.

waittilnextyear 05-08-2019 12:13 AM

This is sort of related, enough for me to not want to make a new thread, but did anyone else notice that Tatis Jr. went diamond after not playing at all last week? Thought they were done with the "adjustments" ?? Wasn't he an 86 before and now he's a 92? These types of inconsistencies make speculating on live cards a very risky and somewhat illogical proposition (which is maybe something the developers want?)

justpatrick 05-08-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waittilnextyear (Post 4485514)
This is sort of related, enough for me to not want to make a new thread, but did anyone else notice that Tatis Jr. went diamond after not playing at all last week?

But he sits really well, one of the best sitters in the league. :D

Dogberry99 05-08-2019 07:23 AM

There's more than one way to avoid k's :laugh:

CurlyKarkovice 05-08-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumar (Post 4485281)
In response to your annoying to sort through comment, type wond|rook|leg|all-s|recor|hero into the player name box when on the auction house and you can filter out live cards.

Ah mucho gracias for this. Most of my positional searches have no need for Live cards anymore. :thumbup1: