OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM - Public Beta Test (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3859)
-   -   Custom leagues thoughts (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=235723)

hobbitrjw 08-23-2013 07:22 PM

Custom leagues thoughts

Ok I have set up a custom league to try it out and along the way I discovered numerous things I think need to be fixed,missing,or adjusted:

-(Fix) when setting up a league when you select a region for the league,city names do not change to reflect the change.
-(Add) default team nicknames would be nice to see added.
-(Add) Add a randomize city/randomize team nicknames button.
-(Fix) Most of the league setup screens I have to go through twice and on the second time I have to re-make any changes I made the first time.
-(Fix) experienced a crash when I attempt to play any game on the first day of the regular season in my newly created league. After day 1 I'm able to play out individual games without any crashes.

tcblcommish 08-23-2013 07:59 PM

You aren't remaking changes the second time, you are making your minor league like the AHL

hobbitrjw 08-23-2013 08:23 PM

Custom leagues thoughts

Ah ok. That I didn't see but the other items need addressing.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

tcblcommish 08-23-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbitrjw (Post 3560089)
Ah ok. That I didn't see but the other items need addressing.

Agreed, just wanted to point that one out as it made me wonder why it wasn't working for me until I saw it saw MIL for the name

hobbitrjw 08-23-2013 08:33 PM

Custom leagues thoughts

Yeah I didn't even see that I thought I was just going through the same screen a second time.

Tompa8989 08-26-2013 10:36 AM

They should put in a ''duplicate rules'' option for the minor league. And a way to see what minor league team has as major league team. If i make a 14 team league and want the minor league teams to be in close cities i have to make a screenshot of the major league setup first.

You should be able to just choose which minor league team the major league team should have.

Orioles1966 08-26-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tompa8989 (Post 3561347)
They should put in a ''duplicate rules'' option for the minor league. And a way to see what minor league team has as major league team. If i make a 14 team league and want the minor league teams to be in close cities i have to make a screenshot of the major league setup first.

You should be able to just choose which minor league team the major league team should have.

I agree. I don't want the Virginia Red Wings be the farm team for the Boston Bruins. I want the San Jose Earthquakes to be the farm team of the San Francisco Earthquakes. When I put the minor league teams together its a guessing game for which team matches up with the major league team.

Trepanated 08-28-2013 11:27 PM

I set up a custom league and went to do the initial draft. The AI teams picked normally for the first 15 picks until it got to me at 16. When I attempt to draft a player, I get a popup that says "Attention! Please select a Goalie" and then a cancel button.

Uh, what? I don't want to select a goalie. Why would I have to select a goalie with my first pick? Help?