OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3640)
-   -   How to Import Historical Player (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=224784)

RonP 09-23-2012 10:46 PM

How to Import Historical Player

I know this can be done as I have imported Babe Ruth and Dick Allen previously but I haven't done it in a while and I must be doing something wrong. I'm trying to bring in Dick Allen again and the import is failing. I put Allendi01 and have used the years '70 and '71. I no longer have a baseball encyc. so I may have the years wrong he may have been later in the '70's but is his name and number (01) right? I have a team in a league that he'd be a perfect match for. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Ron

sprague 09-23-2012 11:29 PM

the name is right
as are years for him playing

do you have the right database set up, on the call up box it asks what database you are going to
generally the one that comes with the game for lehman is "stats" folder and master for enterance

RonP 09-23-2012 11:44 PM

I think I have csv.90dll or something close to that. I'm going to go check as maybe I'm using the wrong thing. Thanks, Ron.

RonP 09-24-2012 12:16 AM

These are the choices I have at least on that level:/data
/default data
/Uninstall
changes.txt
GameuxInstallHelper.dll
GDFInstallhelper.dll
GDFInstall.exe
libmySQL.dll
license.txt
msvcr90.dll
ootp13.exe
readme.txt
I thought it was the msvcr90 but that didn't work. I tried a couple of the others and they didn't either. Do I have a database there?

Jordan 10-24-2012 12:35 PM

i dont wish to hijack this, but I'm using the manual, and the hint from it says to use the ID number which is given on their baseball reference page. I've been trying to import J.R. Richard into a fictional league but it isn't working. Anyone else have this problem with him? I'm certain I'm using the right ID number from his page. If it's different, I don't know how to look for it. Any help?

Jordan 10-24-2012 12:40 PM

Also, RonP, you may be looking in the wrong section on your computer. What kind of operating system do you have? Windows 7, XP, etc.? I found my database by following the online manual

The Game 10-24-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 3399128)
i dont wish to hijack this, but I'm using the manual, and the hint from it says to use the ID number which is given on their baseball reference page. I've been trying to import J.R. Richard into a fictional league but it isn't working. Anyone else have this problem with him? I'm certain I'm using the right ID number from his page. If it's different, I don't know how to look for it. Any help?

Players with initials dont import properly. A.J. Pierzynski doesn't load as pierza.01 he loads as pierzaj01 so for JR Richard try richajr01 year.

RonP 03-10-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 3399129)
Also, RonP, you may be looking in the wrong section on your computer. What kind of operating system do you have? Windows 7, XP, etc.? I found my database by following the online manual

I have windows seven.